Marriage Builders
My H is the WS in our marriage. He recently attended a weekend retreat with a men's group that was recommended by our marriage councelor. Since that time he has told me he decided to recommit to our marriage. I was initially happy about this and I looked forward to reconnecting with him emotionally and physically.<P>The was at the end of October but since that time, their has been almost no intimate contact between us.<P>I did intiate sex once but felt bad afterwords because I was not sure he was interested in me anymore. He does kiss me but it is always a peck on the lips. He will put his arm around me and hold me but he never initiates any intimate contact between us.<P>We have talked about this but the conversation never changes. He says he is interested in me but is "affraid that he will pick the wrong moment and drive me away". We have talked about this in marraige counceling and I have let him know that I am interested in having more intimate <BR>contact with him. I have even expressed to him how lack of contact with him makes me feel well, like he does not really care for me. Still nothing changes. Each time we go back to marriage counceling we have the same conversation.<P>Any advice or insignt would be greatly apprecaited. I love him but I don't think I can live with this feeling of being someone my H can just look past.<P>Acacai
Posted By: Q Re: Help, dying from lack of contact! - 12/11/00 05:04 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by acacia:<BR><B>My H is the WS in our marriage.<P>The was at the end of October but since that time, their has been almost no intimate contact between us.<P> He will put his arm around me and hold me but he never initiates any intimate contact between us.<P><BR>Any advice or insignt would be greatly apprecaited. I love him but I don't think I can live with this feeling of being someone my H can just look past.<P>Acacai</B><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><BR>For me the husband who was hurt it is something like this :<BR>please do not take this to hard but you ask <P> Dear Wife I want you but ..... every time we touch you are somehow unfamiliar , I feel that I am unlovable <BR>,your actions have proved that to me, I can not really feel that you love me,<BR>you are kind and sweet understanding but I am so badly hurt , to be your intimate is almost <BR>more that my heart can take .<BR>when we make love I don't feel like it <BR>is me that you are with. I know that you are thinking of him. <BR>your body reacts in ways that I don't know or recognize your kisses are not<BR>the kisses that we have shared , I am worried and afraid that I am not the<BR>man you want nor as good as the lover that you had .<P>give it time let the hurt heal <P>Peace <BR>Q<P>
Thanks for the reply Q. I could not have said it better. It has been over a year since I discovered his affair. I hope that something changes here soon. I don't know what to do anymore.<P>Acacia
© Marriage BuildersĀ® Forums