Marriage Builders
Posted By: catamount82 Rick37, where r u? - 11/02/01 06:22 AM
Hope you're OK. Haven't heard from you here for a while. Check in, you are a real inspiration to MANkind.<p>Jay
Posted By: Rick37 Re: Rick37, where r u? - 11/03/01 09:40 PM
Thanks for asking. This is some kind of coincidence, because I haven't logged on in awhile.<p>There really hasn't been much to update for me, in the grand scheme of things. I think I can safely say that I don't aspire to be with my wife again. My Plan B drifted back to communication where necessary. She appears content to move on, still denies relationship with OM, yet did tell me that I'd have to "accept things". She refused to elaborate on what "things" were.<p>I'd want to rebuild given that chance, for the kids sake, but I have no desire to be with her, so therefore, even if she asked, I believe I would not be able to do it. Too many lies, too much deception, and too much of it seems to be part of a life long pattern. I've learned alot over the past year and a half.<p>I'm a content person. I don't like how things went, and it makes me very sad that my kids won't grow up with their Mom and Dad together. But I can't change that. I did what I could.<p>I figure I've done all I can to save my marriage. Like many others have said, Plan A was good for me. I've still got a way to go, because I don't have a busy social life. I spend alot of time either working or with the kids, and there is always cleaning, washing, and regular house chores to do. But I enjoy what I do, and have good friends around me.<p>I expect D will be brought up soon. It can be done now. We'll see what happens.<p>I'll try and check in more often. Thanks again.
Posted By: sing Re: Rick37, where r u? - 11/03/01 11:14 PM
<blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by Rick37:
<strong>
I'll try and check in more often. Thanks again.</strong><hr></blockquote><p>See that you do. Glad that you are doing well, but I always knew you would.
Posted By: cleopatra Re: Rick37, where r u? - 11/04/01 12:27 AM
Hey Rick!<p>Glad to "see" you. I am happy to see that you are doing well.<p>take care,
cleo
Posted By: Topie25 Re: Rick37, where r u? - 11/04/01 03:34 AM
Good to see that you still lurk around here every now and then... [img]images/icons/smile.gif" border="0[/img] <p>I've been wondering... how is that neighbour friend of yours holding up? (the one who lost his wife suddenly, after just having a new baby). Have you brought him a casserole lately? (grin.. I know... it's a little bit past that stage... but then again, maybe not.).<p>Karen
Posted By: Rick37 Re: Rick37, where r u? - 11/04/01 03:49 PM
He is doing OK. Has his hands full with 4 children, but he is a great person, and the kids are lucky for that. No casserole, but I did bake him a dessert two weeks ago.<p>Hope you are doing well.
Posted By: Alberta Re: Rick37, where r u? - 11/04/01 04:56 PM
Just glad to hear what's happening with you Rick! It sounds like you are doing great. Even though things haven't gone the way you had hoped, isn't it great to know you really did all you could. You at least really tried! You have lucky kids! [img]images/icons/smile.gif" border="0[/img]
Posted By: catamount82 Re: Rick37, where r u? - 11/05/01 06:37 AM
You quote:<p>"Too many lies, too much deception, and too much of it seems to be part of a life long pattern. I've learned alot over the past year and a half."<p>Mega Dittos friend! I always knew my XW was capable of doing what she did, a life long pattern , yes indeedy. Keep on learning and being the great Dad (and Mom) you are. I feel like the Dad and the Mom all too often, although I only see my daughter every other weekend.<p>All my prayers and best to you!!
[ November 04, 2001: Message edited by: catamount82 ]<p>[ November 04, 2001: Message edited by: catamount82 ]</p>
Posted By: Orchid Re: Rick37, where r u? - 11/05/01 06:41 AM
Hiya Rick, <p>Good to hear from you. Baked a dessert? What a guy!!! [img]images/icons/grin.gif" border="0[/img] <p>I am glad to hear you are doing ok. Despite the odds you are surviving and an encouragement to us all. <p>Take Care,
L.
© Marriage BuildersĀ® Forums