Marriage Builders
Posted By: embarassed1 Veneral warts? - 11/17/01 08:19 PM
H had an Ea (supposedly no PA) about a year and a half ago
in about the past 5 months hes grown what look to be genital warts on his privates about 4 different locations.
h says he got them from his XW who claimed they were hereditary they divorced in 97
i was wondering if anyone out there can help to anser a few questions about this
1) can someone contract VW and carry them with no symtoms for 4 years?
2) can you get regular warts on your gentials
3) are there ways to contract warts without intercourse
any other helpful information would be great
Posted By: Sheri2892 Re: Veneral warts? - 11/17/01 09:22 PM
here is a site i found on them. Hope it helps.<p>http://www.aomc.org/hpv.html
Posted By: kevco- Re: Veneral warts? - 11/17/01 09:39 PM
E1-<p>Just so happens that I've had some concerns about HPV myself lately. I asked my Dr about it when I got screened for STDs.<p>To answer a couple of your questions (this according to my doc).<p>Yes, you can have the virus without showing signs for some time. Some people apparantly never have breakouts. I've heard recently that there are some good treatments for HPV, but they must be taken at the onset of the "tingle" when the warts begin to break out. Otherwise, they can be burnt or frozen off.<p>Yes, you can contract HPV from contact other than intercourse. For example, it can be passed via oral sex, and then the new carrier can give it by kissing...nice huh?<p>Hope this helps a little. I'd suggest that your H get screened.<p>Kev
© Marriage BuildersĀ® Forums