Marriage Builders
Posted By: daybreak What is your best... - 01/20/02 06:25 AM
Aspect? What is the best thing that you brought to the marriage and why?<p>How can you use that aspect to re-gain your marriage, if you can?<p>Have thought of this for a few days and am not sure what mine is, so hoping to jog myself a little with others replies.<p>Dawn
Posted By: Conqueror Re: What is your best... - 01/20/02 05:52 PM
I think for my H it was my goodness ("good to the bone" he said) and my track record of being faithful for 17 years to my previous H.<p>I don't think these qualities will rebuild the M because I think it is these very qualities that he has used to give himself to permission to do as he pleases because he thinks I'll stand by him no matter what. I think it's why he takes me for granted and treats me the way he does.<p>Plan B is for people just like him, so we'll see what happens then.
Posted By: jdmac1 Re: What is your best... - 01/20/02 08:24 PM
I will be interested in seeing the differences in what the guys write versus what the ladies write.<p> What qualities? See this is a hard question for the humble person to answer. I fear anything I say might me interpreted as pride or self back patting. Ok, I'll try.<p>1. Loyalty
2. Supportive of her desires
3. Family Man(If it wasn't done as a family it wasn't done)(perhaps this was really a fault)
4. Spoiled her so bad(if she wanted it, she got it)
5. Honest
6. Romantic(though less in the last few years)
7. Quality SF(Her fullfillment always meant the world to me.)<p> I think this would have been easier to answer if you would have asked for faults in ourselves. It's so much easier to be critical of oneself. <p> jd<p>[ January 20, 2002: Message edited by: jdmac1 ]<p>[ January 20, 2002: Message edited by: jdmac1 ]</p>
Posted By: worthatry Re: What is your best... - 01/20/02 09:07 PM
Hi Dawn - I'm not sure how to reply to this because our good qualities are sorta like LBs - the spouse determines what is and what isn't. So I have no idea what my W would say. The onlt thing I recall her saying to others is that she admired my honesty. How appropriate. [img]images/icons/rolleyes.gif" border="0[/img] <p>From my own perspective, I'll just say that I'm reliable and faithful and leave it at that. Oh yea, I also cut the grass. [img]images/icons/smile.gif" border="0[/img] <p>WAT
Posted By: daybreak Re: What is your best... - 01/21/02 06:20 AM
Maybe it should be assest...not aspect!<p>I believe mine is loving, caring and strong....funny how those are the things that WH says he appreciates, but....<p>Staying the course is how I will use them to re-gain my marriage, there would still need to be alot of talking and counseling.<p>Dawn
Posted By: chick's Re: What is your best... - 01/22/02 01:53 AM
I found this one and I think it's great, some would say even inspirational. We DO need to focus on what's good with ourselves and what we can bring to others!<p>Ok, my list.....
1. I love him very much, no one could love him and forgive him his faults as much as I do! LOL
2. I am loyal, ( much the same as being worthy!)
3. I put our lives together with our family in the front burner (unlike OW, she couldn't understand that concept!)
4. I am ORGANIZED, as well as being the great organizer of his life, I keep his p's & q's
5. I am a great friend
6. I am an even better lover.
7. I am a great Mom to our children.
8. I am patient.
9. I am the most giving of people.
10. I am a great wife!<p>God Bless Us All!
© Marriage BuildersĀ® Forums