Marriage Builders
Posted By: n_alabama Seven Years... Wasted? - 11/12/02 03:05 AM
Yesterday was, without a doubt, the worst day of my life. Well, maybe today is. It all started late the night before last while I was at work. You see, my partner for seven years had worked that day and was not scheduled to be off until I had left to go to work myself. That in itself is not unusual. Our work schedules often leave us without time to see one another. The thing that was unusual was that she did not answer the phone when I called nor did she ever call me at work. At first I thought that she was probably sleeping because she had had quite a strenuous work schedule the past couple of days; however, I soon began to think that maybe she had got into an accident or some other type of trouble after calling and calling and calling and still no answer.

After pulling my hair out wondering what was going on I called one of my best friends and asked him if he would ride by the house and see if she was there. When he got there she was not there, but her little brother was instead. My friend asked the brother if he had seen her since she got off of work and he said that he had. He told my friend that she had left to go out a couple of hours before. When I was informed of her whereabouts my heart began to sink. The reason being is that a couple of weeks before some guy had called the house and left a message at a time when she was expecting me not to be there. When I had asked her about the phone call she said that he was a co-worker whom she was friends with and that he was calling as "a friends" and just wanted to go out as "a friend". Yeah right! At the time I told her that if she wanted to go out with someone then she could go out with some girlfriends, but she didn't need to be going out with just some guy. Regardless of her intentions I knew what his were. She said that she would tell him that I was very displeased with his calling her and that he should not call again. I believed her. She would never lie to me like that. She loves me and is too much of a "good girl" to ever do something so underhanded.

Well, I'm tring to get to the point here because the more I type the more it hurts. Long story short... I left work early and went to ever hotel and club I could think of and never found her. I went to my friends house and killed time until it was about the normal time I would get home from work. I went home. She was there sleeping. She woke up and acted the way she normally acted. I tricked her into telling me that she had come home very tired and went to sleep. Man oh man was I pissed. I brought it all out and asked her where she was all night. She told me that she had gone out with a girl from work and had gotten too drunk to drive. Did I mention that I had checked the caller ID on one phone to see if there was an unusual number? Well, there wasn't... on that phone. I checked the other and there it was. She though she was being slick, but I guess she wasn't slick enough. She still insisted that she had went out with this girlfriend and that she had deleted this guy's number only because she knew that I would get upset. She said that he had called to ask her to go out, but she told him that she was going out with her friend. After some time of listening to what to me was some bull****
Posted By: Orchid Re: Seven Years... Wasted? - 11/15/02 05:25 AM
Hi Alabama,

Ok, so now how are you doing? Have you read the concepts section above and what direction do you think you are headed in now?

L.
© Marriage BuildersĀ® Forums