Marriage Builders
Posted By: tabialove MY IN-LAWS ARE DEMANDING - 03/30/09 10:53 AM
My inlaws are very demanding .they want us to visit them every weekend ,they want to know everything that is happening to us(nosy i call this).They want us to get involve in every activities that they are involved in.i'm getting so tired of all these.this is the only thing that get me frustrated in the marriage,i dont want to complain too much to my husband ,so that he doesnt think i dont like his people.they are nice people though ,but this aspect is annoying.maybe it has to do with the fact that he's the first to get married in his family,besides my child is the first grandchild.

If i refuse to go to their numerous functions or pay them a visit with my husband,they say my husband dont have a say in the home.when i visit and i keep quiet to myself( as im not too comfortable with them) they say im arrogant.

Please how can i reduce the no of times i see my inlaws and how do i communicate this to my husband.
Posted By: CWMI Re: MY IN-LAWS ARE DEMANDING - 03/30/09 12:09 PM
You could try something like, "Honey, I enjoy spending time with your family, but lately it feels like just too much. I would like us to have our own traditions and pastimes, but I feel like there is no time for us to develop those things because we're always going along with what they want to do. Would it be okay with you if we set a limit on time spent with extended family?"

And then hammer out an agreement.

© Marriage BuildersĀ® Forums