Marriage Builders
Posted By: kjb23 Spousal support in California? - 07/09/05 02:01 AM
Okay, I am dealing with a noncompliant STBX WH. I have struggled in many ways this past year and am trying to move forward with my life by getting this divorce finalized. Besides being manipulated/threatened into giving WH more than 1/2 my business money, he is now looking for more...literally going after my business. The funny thing is that he currently makes about 25k more than I do as my income potential dropped over 40% this past year secondary to giving up a book deal/guaranteed income to tend to my emotional/physical wellbeing. I cannot magically get this back and now am finding my entire income going towards bills that were things I never anticipated having to front on my own (WH left me with a lease among other daily living bills). I am not sure what to do. To top it off, he is cohabiting with OW with the money I gave him and OW's GI scholarship covers room and board so I am pretty sure he is not even paying rent. As WH becomes more and more uncooperative and this is forced to court, do I have a fighting chance to get spousal support even though we don't have kids together and we were only married for 3 years???? WH is also fighting known significant assets of ours. I am so flustered and it is embarrassing to think I may have to seek financial help from my parents after losing so much money to WH, the IRS, and emotional distress/lost income capacity. If this drags out in court, I am afraid I will run completely dry.

Any input would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks,

Muels
Posted By: T00MuchCoffeeMan Re: Spousal support in California? - 07/09/05 05:15 PM
What does your divorce attorney say about your situation?

TMCM
Posted By: kjb23 Re: Spousal support in California? - 07/09/05 09:04 PM
My lawyer is surprised how resilient STBX WH is being. We are seeking spousal support and 50% assets which is pretty standard here in Cali.
© Marriage BuildersĀ® Forums