Marriage Builders
Feelings are strange things. The Penn State scandal put me in mind of an old situation that had arisen with my XW (I have since remarried, moved to a different city and have a 7 year old son).

A lot of my old situation is on this thread:
http://forum.marriagebuilders.com/ubbt/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=689670&page=1

While I did not feel I exactly owed XW an apology for what I did at the time (letting the uncle who had moved to town with two small daughters know that the uncle who was already in town with XW had once tried to molest her), I felt I owed her an apology for what I knew it must have put her through.

I picked out the one Hallmark Card that talks about not knowing what to say but says that I will pray, and I wrote a few lines in it and included the text from the movie "The Grace Card" that reads "I promise to pray for you every day, ask for forgiveness, grant you the same and be your friend always."

To anyone who has hurt another or who has been hurt (and I think that pretty much includes everybody) I would just say focus on how Christ dealt with those same parts of the human condition and allow the holy spirit to guide your thoughts and actions.

I pray that what I have done does not reopen XW's old wounds, but instead reassures her that I still value her as a person and that I genuinely forgive her.
I knew one of the daughters' names but I had never Googled it. A couple of days ago I did. She's in med school at a prestigious university.
Your posts are very odd, Sisyphus. The one above this was your first in ten years, and then this minor update on that one took months to arrive. I'm not at all sure what you are trying to tell us.
© Marriage BuildersĀ® Forums