Marriage Builders
Posted By: PigletWiglet Looking for a new IM - 08/18/17 02:03 AM
Hi All,

I have been separated/divorced from my wayward for 3 years now and my very good I'M is unable to continue.

My ex lives about an hour away, but is reliable about his weekends with my 5 year old. He also does weekly skype calls with her. The AP is out of the picture, so that is not a stressor.

We have been court ordered to use that My Family Wizard software, so that is what he communicates with. From my end, the only thing I ever initiate is scheduling issues if necessary. I haven't spoken to him in 3 years and am very healed, but want to stay in plan B/no contact forever if possible.

I am 36, my daughter is 5. My IM can only continue until Sept. 1.
Posted By: Elaina7 Re: Looking for a new IM - 08/24/17 04:48 PM
Hi! Have you been able to find anyone yet?
I would do it but just don't feel like I would be able to long term with 3 kids and one being special needs....

Just wanted to say Hi as I remember you and was hoping that you were able to figure out a new person.
Posted By: nmwb77 Re: Looking for a new IM - 08/24/17 07:17 PM
I'll say hi, too, but I can't do it, either, since I'm a man. Hope you're doing great otherwise. I've been in a dark Plan B, too. Fortunately, we didn't have children, so I have no reason to be in contact with the ex at all. Haven't seen or heard from her in more than 2 years now. Plus, I've got a baby girl on the way with my wife!
Posted By: amac Re: Looking for a new IM - 09/06/17 07:07 PM
Hi Piglet,

Did you find an IM? I'm currently in Plan B and have my sister as an IM but am considering going with someone more neutral because I hate that I read into my relationship with her because of what she might know. Maybe we could be each other's IM? I have read your thread, are you living in OC still? If so maybe we could meet. It would be nice to meet a local single mom. I have a 3 year old and 9 month old.
Posted By: PigletWiglet Re: Looking for a new IM - 09/06/17 07:33 PM
Hi Guys,

Thanks for the responses. Especially hi to Elaina and nmwb77, who I remember from my active board days. Nmwb...I am glad you are so well and remarried with a kiddo on the way. How exciting. I am divorced and in a relationship now with a great guy. Overall, I am very happy.

Amac, thanks for the response. I am in OC and would love to meet if the boards connect us. I was able to find an IM, but I would be happy to hear about your situation and see if I would be the right fit for you. If you want, feel free to ask the moderators to connect us. You are in early days, so this is the best time to have a neutral IM.

Posted By: amac Re: Looking for a new IM - 09/06/17 08:46 PM
Yay Piglet, so glad you are in OC! What are the chances of that? And glad to hear you are finally divorced and happy in a new relationship. Yes I'm in the early days and struggling as I'm sure you have read from my thread. I will ask the moderators to connect us. Looking forward to getting in touch with you.
© Marriage BuildersĀ® Forums