Marriage Builders
Posted By: rrunrr A farse or comedy of errors... - 02/02/01 10:24 PM
Has to be the best way to discribe all that is happening!<P>To make a short story long...<P>one hour ago I said "yes" to the assistant to the attorney to go ahead and file.<P>I stopped coming here since being "served" papers by a deputy back in mid-December. I didn't feel anything was being gained by staying here.<P>Sorry.<P>Anyway, I went down to see my W to talk about what would, or should, happen as my response to her filing. An attorney had given me a week to decide if I wanted him to handle it. Since, I feel, we should do this in mediation, I wanted to give her a chance to say we would.<BR> She refused to let me get together with her, even for a half hour. I didn't care what happened to me after that so I headed west and drove north along the coast. [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com] (That took out a lot of anger because all the little towns I drove through were all lit up with Christmas lights.) I told her later I felt that she had not given me any other option BUT to file.<P>Well, after getting family backing for the retainer, I felt I had to hire him. Sure, it was a chunk that I will not completely get refunded, but the sense of relief lasted for a week. Her reaction to his response letter was not too surprising. I worried what her reaction would be. It was as I and the attorney thought it may be. (She told me to tell him to back off in response.) [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com] Then she seemed to change her interpretation of that night, saying I was the one that was making the rules by not coming to town during her work hours. I told her I would make it just as she was getting out. After all, she has a business to run.<P>So, a week ago the attorney sent me a copy of a letter from that county's court. It seems that I had not been served in time and the papers I received had been canceled!! <BR>BACK TO SQUARE ONE!! [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com]<BR>I don't see an ending soon, but this may get her to start negotiations.<P>Here is the real kicker. She filed four months BEFORE I was finally served! She never gave any indication to me what she was intending to do. Oh well.<P>rrunrr<P>(ps. The kitten is doing great, adores the old one.)<BR><p>[This message has been edited by rrunrr (edited February 02, 2001).]
Posted By: rrunrr Re: A farse or comedy of errors... - 02/03/01 01:28 AM
Just remembered one vital bit. It's the last paragraph.
© Marriage BuildersĀ® Forums