Marriage Builders
Posted By: Mitzi Something from Dear Abby - 06/23/01 03:25 PM
<BR>A few years ago, before my ex left, my mom gave this to me:<P>Dear Abby,<BR>After spending yet another night alone while my husband was out having a few beers with his friends, I decided to write him the following thank you note:<P>Thank you for the countless times you've gone out with your friends and left me home alone; it's made me realize I'm pretty good company.<P>Thank you for withholding your affection; you taught me I can live without it.<P>Thank you for refusing to do anything around the house; it's made me realize I can do just about anything myself.<P>Thank you for finding reasons not to spend time with me; it's made me learn to appreciate spending time alone.<P>Thank you for never sitting down to talk to me; the quiet time has allowed me to re-evaluate my life.<P>But most of all, and I mean this sincerely, thank you for giving me nine lonely years to realize with conviction that I can walk away from you and survive!<P>Your "in name only" wife.<P><BR>I think I had been married about 8 or 9 years when she gave this to me. She must have known a lot more about my marriage than I thought!<P>Mitzi [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com]
Posted By: Raskal Re: Something from Dear Abby - 06/24/01 03:54 PM
Wow! I guess your mom did know quite a lot... Thank you for sharing, Mitzi.
© Marriage BuildersĀ® Forums