Marriage Builders
Posted By: Mitzi HUGE update!!! - 02/04/02 09:26 PM
Hi everyone,<p>Ok, so I don't post much at all anymore. But I do still read and have a lot of friends who post here.<p>Major things have been happening here. I started dating an incredible man in November. Things have moved along quite quickly but it's all been great!<p>So...on March 8th, he and I are getting married!! Some of you may think that it's too quick and that's ok. I realize that also. But this is something that I'm very sure of. It doesn't matter to me how long we've been together. I dated my ex for 3 1/2 years and it turned out to be the marriage from hell. <p>I'm not nervous about this at all and I haven't had a hard time trusting him. We talk all of the time and he knows all about my ex and how he treated me and my children. He is nothing like my ex. He is good to me and my kids. And ya know what? He doesn't mind that I have 3 sons that he will become the primary father figure for. And his 2 sons get along with me and my children well. <p>After 2 years of being on my own and finding out who I really am and what I want, I finally found happiness. <p>Love,
Mitzi [img]images/icons/smile.gif" border="0[/img]
Posted By: new_beginning Re: HUGE update!!! - 02/04/02 09:30 PM
OH MITZI, <p>Your new H is one lucky man!!! [img]images/icons/grin.gif" border="0[/img] <p>BIG CONGRATS, and (((((Mitzi)))))<p>Love, Sheryl
Posted By: sing Re: HUGE update!!! - 02/04/02 09:39 PM
How wonderful!<p>Good Luck, Best of Wishes!<p>don't forget all the good MB stuff you have learned
Posted By: Resilient Re: HUGE update!!! - 02/04/02 09:49 PM
I am so happy for you!!!<p>Talking about quick ....<p>You deserve the best, honey! This is wonderful news. And we all know that because you are an MB Vet, that you have all the tools necessary to make a happy successful marriage.<p>Love to you, Mitz. Keep us updated.<p>Congrats!
Jo
Posted By: Mitzi Re: HUGE update!!! - 02/05/02 12:39 AM
Sheryl,<p>(((((HUGS))))) to you too! <p>I'll keep reminding Terry how lucky he really is! [img]images/icons/grin.gif" border="0[/img] <p>Sing,<p>Believe me, I won't forget a thing I've learned at MB! I'm still learning too. Thanks!<p>Jo,<p>Thanks for the kind words, Daisy Jo! [img]images/icons/grin.gif" border="0[/img] It's wonderful being in love with someone who appreciates and respects me! I'll definately keep you posted! [img]images/icons/smile.gif" border="0[/img] <p>BTW, the we're going to VEGAS!! YIPPEE!!! [img]images/icons/grin.gif" border="0[/img] <p>Love,
Posted By: Roll Me Away Re: HUGE update!!! - 02/05/02 01:44 AM
Mitzi,<p>You take care. I share your happiness, but also tell you that it is OK to go a bit slower, too.<p>Wishing you the happiness you deserve, Desiree
Posted By: Mitzi Re: HUGE update!!! - 02/05/02 02:07 AM
Desiree,<p>Thanks for the well wishes and also for the concern. I know that it would be ok to go a bit slower. You know how you get those gut feelings when you just know that something is right? This is one of those times for me. I'm happier than I've been in years.<p>Love,
Posted By: RWD Re: HUGE update!!! - 02/05/02 02:41 AM
Mitzi,
I too want to wish you all the best. I was going to respond on the other network but just hadn't been able to get to it. So all my best wishes!!!<p>God Bless,<p>Bob
Posted By: bonnet Re: HUGE update!!! - 02/05/02 03:45 AM
Hi Mitzi,<p>I'm so so happy for you. This is wonderful news. <p>Like the others, I say 'slow' is ok, but you're right about one thing. Our gut feelings. I think after all that we have been through, we are more in tune with ourselves than ever before. And nobody knows better than you how YOU feel.<p>So, if you're happy, I'm happy.<p>All my very best wishes girl, and you remind Terry that if he ever does wrong by you, you have people in EVERY corner of the globe that will hunt him down!!!!!!!!!!!!!!<p>But then again, after all we have learnt at MB, you've already got that sussed and that last comment of mine was not needed was it!!??<p>Wow, this is so good. When you said Vegas, is that where you're getting married.?<p>It's quite trendy here at the moment to 'pop' over to Vegas to get married. And no, I don't mean Bris-Vegas!!!<p>Keep us posted<p>lots of love and hugs to you both<p>Jo<p>ps What color frock would you like me to wear....
I don't want to clash with the Bride...........
Posted By: peppermint Re: HUGE update!!! - 02/05/02 02:53 PM
Oh Mitzi!<p>Congratulations!!! I hope this marriage turns out to be everything you have ever dreamed of! There really ARE happy endings!<p>Best wishes for a lifetime of happiness!<p>Peppermint
Posted By: 711 Re: HUGE update!!! - 02/05/02 04:51 PM
Congratulations Mitzi! <p>BTW, my parents have been married 40 years (second marriage for both) and they knew it was right after only two weeks together. They still, to this day, look at each other with love and affection in their eyes! I wish the same for you!! And me one day!<p>Jen
Posted By: Mitzi Re: HUGE update!!! - 02/05/02 10:12 PM
Bob,<p>Thanks! I'm so glad that everyone here has been happy about this. Honestly, I kinda worried about posting this because I know that this type of news isn't always the easiest for some to read or respond to. <p>God bless you too!<p>Bonnet Jo!<p>YES! I'm getting married in Las Vegas! [img]images/icons/smile.gif" border="0[/img] I keep telling Terry that I'm going to get an Elvis impersonator to perform the ceremony or sing! LOL Plus while we're in that section of the states, we're going to go to the Grand Canyon! I'm extremely excited but also nervous about flying! YIKES!! I've never been on a plane! LOL LOL<p>THanks so much Jo!<p>
Peppermint,<p>Thanks a bunch! I honestly think that I will be happier than I've ever been. So far, I have been and it just keeps getting better! [img]images/icons/smile.gif" border="0[/img] <p>Jen,<p>Thanks! It's funny you mentioned that about your parents. Terry and I had only been dating for about 3 weeks and he told me that he was going to marry me one day. And I felt the same way. He's perfect marriage material! [img]images/icons/grin.gif" border="0[/img] <p>I also wish the same happiness for you and everyone else here! <p>Love you all!
Posted By: MyCatsMom Re: HUGE update!!! - 02/05/02 10:48 PM
Congratulations, Mitzi! I'm so happy for you, but sad because another good one's been snatched away. :-)<p>Really, God bless you both! <p>Aloha,
Ms.O<p>PS Did I miss it, or what's his name? What's he like? How did you meet? Inquiring minds want to know.....
Posted By: Mitzi Re: HUGE update!!! - 02/05/02 11:02 PM
Ms. O,<p>Enquiring minds, huh? LOL LOL<p>My STBH's name is Terry. We were introduced by mutual friends. He had asked me for my phone # because one of my friends told him I was single. I told him that I wasn't going to give it to him because the last time I gave my phone # to a guy, he turned out to be a loser! LOL So, he asked my friend and she gave it to him. Now I'm glad she did! [img]images/icons/smile.gif" border="0[/img] <p>He's 28, the father of 2 of the cutest little red-haired boys, he spent some time in the marines, and is now a guard for the Maryland Department of Corrections.(UNIFORM!! [img]images/icons/smile.gif" border="0[/img] ) He is also very honest, talkative and he makes me laugh. Plus he's very affectionate and that's great for me! <p>AND he's pretty easy on the eyes too! [img]images/icons/smile.gif" border="0[/img] He's 6'3" and about 220 lbs. with dark hair and brown eyes. <p>He's perfect!<p>Thanks for asking! [img]images/icons/grin.gif" border="0[/img] <p>Mitzi [img]images/icons/smile.gif" border="0[/img]
Posted By: Orchid Re: HUGE update!!! - 02/06/02 01:50 AM
Hi, <p>I am soooo happy for U!!!! [img]images/icons/smile.gif" border="0[/img] <p>Congratulations!!<p>L.
Posted By: OvrCs Re: HUGE update!!! - 02/06/02 02:18 AM
Wow, Mitzi...<p>He sounds like a dream! Have you been pinched lately to see if this is real?!<p>Seriously though, I wish for you all the best and as some have already stated, given what you've been thru (what we've all been thru) we know what is in our gut and I pray that you find the peace, joy and happiness in these next years!<p>It's so nice to hear of a successful story with a happy ending!<p>Blessings,
Nicole
Posted By: justthewife Re: HUGE update!!! - 02/06/02 02:30 AM
ahhhhhhh... uniform......
Best of luck to you and Terry!
Posted By: Mitzi Re: HUGE update!!! - 02/06/02 03:15 AM
Nicole,<p>I've actually pinched myself so many times in the past couple of months! [img]images/icons/smile.gif" border="0[/img] <p>I have a feeling that this marriage is going to be so much better since I know about MB.<p>justthewife,<p>Yep, a uniform! [img]images/icons/grin.gif" border="0[/img] Thanks! [img]images/icons/smile.gif" border="0[/img] <p>Orchid,<p>Thank you!! [img]images/icons/smile.gif" border="0[/img] <p>Mitzi [img]images/icons/smile.gif" border="0[/img]
Posted By: MEDIC238 Re: HUGE update!!! - 02/09/02 08:16 AM
Hey Mitzi,<p>Do you need a flower girl or a ring bearer? G and I are only 3 hours away!!!<p>Congrats, [img]images/icons/smile.gif" border="0[/img] <p>Zippy
Posted By: Faith-n-Hope Re: HUGE update!!! - 02/09/02 08:22 AM
Great News! My God bless your marriage REAL BIG!!! The bigger the better.
Lots of love and happiness!
Posted By: Mitzi Re: HUGE update!!! - 02/09/02 07:11 PM
Zippy,<p>If we weren't going to Vegas to get married, you and G would be first choice for ring bearer and flower girl! [img]images/icons/smile.gif" border="0[/img] <p>Seriously though, since you're only 3 hours away, you ought to stop by for the reception! It's gonna be March 16 after we come back. I'll send ya details! [img]images/icons/smile.gif" border="0[/img] <p>Say HI to G for me!<p>faith-n-hope,<p>Thanks for the well-wishes! <p>Mitzi [img]images/icons/smile.gif" border="0[/img]
Posted By: cinderella Re: HUGE update!!! - 02/09/02 07:11 PM
Mitzi, I pray for you and Terry to always be happy. <p>But, does this mean that you won't be able to make it if I plan another hot tub party?
Posted By: Mitzi Re: HUGE update!!! - 02/09/02 07:14 PM
Cinderella,<p>If you plan another hot tub party, it just means that you'll have an extra guest and I'll have to be on my best behavior! [img]images/icons/grin.gif" border="0[/img] <p>Mitzi [img]images/icons/smile.gif" border="0[/img]
Posted By: Lady M Re: HUGE update!!! - 02/11/02 11:58 PM
Mitzi - This is WONDERFUL NEWS!!! It does my heart good to hear your happy news. I hope the boys are doing well - they are very special, and I pray that all of you will be very happy together. If you ever have to opportunity to come to Va. Beach again, let me know - maybe we could get together.<p>Marsha<p>Hey Zippy - Glad to hear that you are Gina are doing well up in PA!!! Keep up the good work!! So when's the wedding - come on, we need details!!!
Posted By: Mitzi Re: HUGE update!!! - 02/13/02 11:21 PM
Marsha,<p>It's so good to see that you're still around! [img]images/icons/smile.gif" border="0[/img] <p>The boys are doing great! Kyle's almost a teenager! [img]images/icons/shocked.gif" border="0[/img] They all remember who you are and say "Hello!"<p>I'm sure that we'll make it to VA beach again. And I'd love to get together. You'd get to meet Terry then! [img]images/icons/smile.gif" border="0[/img] <p>Love,
Posted By: WhenIfindthetime Re: HUGE update!!! - 02/14/02 01:42 AM
Congratulations Daisey May!<p>Vegas, hmmm are you going to drive or fly??<p>best of luck, <p>tom
Posted By: Mitzi Re: HUGE update!!! - 02/14/02 02:29 AM
Hey Tom!<p>Daisey May?? Is that a crack about my accent?? [img]images/icons/grin.gif" border="0[/img] <p>We're going to fly to Vegas! [img]images/icons/shocked.gif" border="0[/img] I've never been on a plane before (ya know, the height thingy!) but I'm gonna be brave and do this. I'll get to see the Grand Canyon and some other sights while I'm there so I HAVE to fly! LOL LOL <p>Mitzi [img]images/icons/smile.gif" border="0[/img]
© Marriage BuildersĀ® Forums