Marriage Builders
Posted By: Empty Shell Nothing major, I hope - 02/19/02 04:12 AM
I go in for surgery on Wednesday. It's supposed to be routine. They are going to be repairing a deviated septum.<p>The only thing that really worries me is my scatter brained mind. With as depressed as I have been. with the constant increasing dosages of my medications, the thought of going in for surgery has me scared.<p>This is just the Readers Digest version of my concerns, but the bottom line is that I am pretty freaked out right now.
Posted By: God is in Control Re: Nothing major, I hope - 02/19/02 04:22 AM
My WH had that same surgery and it really was nothing to worry about. I also hear it's fairly common.<p>Not to belittle any fears you may have, but just hoping to put some of them at rest.<p>You should do fine. I'll be sure to send some prayers your way.<p>K
Posted By: father of 1, husband of 0 Re: Nothing major, I hope - 02/19/02 12:06 PM
On the upside...<p>With enough Vicodin, you won't give a damn about your problems. Be a nice break.<p>hehe<p>Kevin
Posted By: justthewife Re: Nothing major, I hope - 02/19/02 04:40 PM
Ahhhh, Vicodin.<p>Take all your meds in with you. That way you won't have to worry about forgetting anything. My [censored] is doing the surgery thing as we speak, and I sent him with a grocery store bag full of pill bottles. The nurse told me how smart I was to do that.... pat, pat, pat.<p>It will be fine, ask them for something to take the edge off before the surgery. A little zanax or valuim will do the trick.
Posted By: new_beginning Re: Nothing major, I hope - 02/19/02 07:30 PM
Hi ES,<p>Do ya HAVETA have this surgery RIGHT NOW? <p>Maybe you should wait until your emotional health is a bit stronger??<p>Thinking of you and sending prayers, no matter what you choose...<p>And if you do go through with the surgery, sending prayers for the surgeons hands.
Posted By: Empty Shell Re: Nothing major, I hope - 02/20/02 12:06 AM
God is in Control -- Thank You very much for the prayers. I welcome them.<p>father of 1, husband of 0 -- <blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><hr>With enough Vicodin<hr></blockquote>LMAO Is there such a thing?<p>justthewife -- <blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><hr>Take all your meds in with you. That way you won't have to worry about forgetting anything.<hr></blockquote>That is already taken care of. They called me last night and we did all the meds over the phone.<p>new_beginning -- My dear Sheryl . . <blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><hr>Do ya HAVETA have this surgery RIGHT NOW?<hr></blockquote>You know, actually I do. . .If I allow this garbage that I am going through to control me anymore than it already does, then I lose. I have to be in control enough to allow this to happen. <blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><hr>And if you do go through with the surgery, sending prayers for the surgeons hands.<hr></blockquote>Thank you very much for the prayers. I really need them sometimes.<p>[ February 19, 2002: Message edited by: Empty Shell ]</p>
Posted By: Empty Shell Re: Nothing major, I hope - 02/20/02 02:12 PM
Well, surgery is in a little over two (2) hours.<p>I will post an update after I get back home.
Posted By: cl Re: Nothing major, I hope - 02/20/02 02:25 PM
Sending prayers for you ES.
Dont sneeze post-op. Aloha, cl
Posted By: new_beginning Re: Nothing major, I hope - 02/20/02 02:29 PM
Yep, praying here...<p>See ya later... with a non-deviated septum! [img]images/icons/grin.gif" border="0[/img]
Posted By: Empty Shell Re: Nothing major, I hope - 02/23/02 06:14 AM
To update everyone who is interested. . . .<p>Wednesday was yet another example of nothing going right in my life. . . <p>My surgery was originally scheduled for 9:30 in the morning., then it was changed until 12 noon. Of course I had to be there an hour and a half early. So I get there and get checked in, They have me put on the wonderfully air conditioned gown, then set me in a chair. . . . about 12:30 I find out that one of my surgeons patients had problem and ended up being air lifted to another hospital, thus explaining why I still had not been taken into surgery. I then find out that there is one person ahead of me. . . . .yet more waiting.<p>Then they come up and tell me that there are really two people in front of me, not just one. By the time I finally got taken back into the operating room, it was almost 3:00pm . . .I had been there for 4-1/2 hours already. . . . . <p>When I came out of the anesthesia, the surgeon told me that they found some sort of growth that he wasn't expecting to find and that it was being sent in to be examined.<p>Just friggin' great.<p>I was told that I was not to be left alone for 24 hours, and as a result ended up having to stay at my mothers house the past couple of days. I went in this morning an had the packing removed . . . my big toes are still inside out from as far as the packing was inserted. . . . . My surgeon has been on on vacation since after doing my surgery, so I have to go back in on Monday to be examined and hopefully to find out what it was that he found during surgery. . . .nothing like having to worry about yet another thing in my life all weekend.<p>Well, that's all for now I guess. I will let you all know what I ind out after I see the surgeon again on Monday.
Posted By: new_beginning Re: Nothing major, I hope - 02/26/02 08:23 PM
How are you now ES? How did the tests turn out?<p>((((((((((ES))))))))))
Posted By: Empty Shell Re: Nothing major, I hope - 02/27/02 12:29 AM
so I saw the doctor yesterday. the results of the tests that had to be run turned out to not be cancer (Thank GOD) but according to the doctor could be viewed as warning signs to quit smoking.<p>I spent almost a week fearing my own death.<p>It was definitely not something that I enjoyed.<p>I'm not having a real good day, so I will cloise for now.
Posted By: Lexxxy Re: Nothing major, I hope - 02/27/02 04:32 PM
ES --
Glad you got good news -- what a relief!<p>How's everything else?
© Marriage BuildersĀ® Forums