Marriage Builders
Posted By: On*My*Own An eye opening quote - 05/24/02 03:49 PM
Just came across this quote in a magazine article...it was one of those moments that you just pause and go "that's profound." Imagine how many marital arguments would instantly stall if one were to say and the other hear this:<p>"Everything I am saying may be wrong and everything you are saying may be right, but that fact is, I still feel this way, so it counts."<p>Eye opening, isn't it?<p>James Carville said it - and I'm just guessing in their house they have A LOT of debates...<p>Happy Friday [img]images/icons/smile.gif" border="0[/img] <p>Lisa
Posted By: DanaB Re: An eye opening quote - 05/24/02 04:32 PM
Lisa,<p>Thats a great quote, I collect them. Thanks [img]images/icons/smile.gif" border="0[/img] <p>Dana
Posted By: WhenIfindthetime Re: An eye opening quote - 05/24/02 08:31 PM
lets play devil's advocate:<p>since when are feelings facts?
Posted By: On*My*Own Re: An eye opening quote - 05/24/02 08:39 PM
Hey, WIFTTy!<p>Caught me for a second until I realized...using my Super English Teacher special powers [img]images/icons/grin.gif" border="0[/img] ...that the quote is saying it's a fact that he possesses those thoughts/feelings...not that the thoughts/feelings themselves are facts.<p>Ah, I should've gone to law school [img]images/icons/wink.gif" border="0[/img] <p>Lisa
© Marriage BuildersĀ® Forums