Marriage Builders
Posted By: BioMan I am going crazy!!!! HELP!! - 04/14/03 03:18 PM
i just moved to a new state for a new job, it has been 2 yrs since my ex wife divorced me. For the past 2 yrs i lived right down the road from her. And i was thinking i was getting better, because i have made little or no contact with her.

Now that i have moved, she is all i can think about. Every store i go into, every TV show i see, music i hear, even things people say. Remind me of her, and it is hurting bad.
I dont know how to get her out of my head, it has been 2 yrs, and even living down the road from her i didnt think about her this much.
Posted By: franklymydears Re: I am going crazy!!!! HELP!! - 04/14/03 04:07 PM
I suspect you are feeling very alone in your new place. Get out and learn the area. On the weekends, take day trips to nearby points of interest. I don't know where you are but surely there are lot of nice little towns to visit. Just get in the car Saturday and see where it goes.

You have left your 'comfort zone' and security...even if you didn't see her, you knew she was there.

Join a church, volunteer at the SPCA or Red Cross, take a class, do something besides sit at home alone. Your life is only as empty as you let it be. When you get out more, you will make friends and feel more 'at home' in your new town.

Good luck. Let me know what happens.
Posted By: BioMan Re: I am going crazy!!!! HELP!! - 04/14/03 04:56 PM
The church idea is good advice, i have thought about that.
I have been out doing things, as a matter of fact i have a few friends here and we did something this weekend.
But i feel insane cause even with all the fun i was having i kept thinking about her.
© Marriage BuildersĀ® Forums