Marriage Builders
Posted By: hnjff is it too late?????? - 07/09/03 01:11 AM
my wife has filed for divorce and we both have attorneys. we have been married for 13 years and have 3 children. is it hopeless? this is something new to me, should I try to save my marrage or should I cut my losses and start to move on??? Please help
Posted By: waiting_for_her Re: is it too late?????? - 07/09/03 07:24 AM
You won't feel right if you do not 'fight' (although fight is a strong word). Your marriage matters to you a lot, and it is difficult to see your partner treat it so badly. Remember that you still respect it, however. God sees that. You should probably look elsewhere in this site for guidance. Most of the people in this forum are either where you are, or, like me, already divorced. It is not the end of the world, even if you think it is, or want it to be. I feel your pain, and I wish there was something I could do to help. I will say that your notion of 'moving on' should be examined...on to where? Are you referring to another relationship? Probably not the wisest course at this time, in my opinion. Get to know yourself first. If the marriage ends, get some independence, and try to enjoy the autonomy. You can also improve your relationship with your kids. I wish you the best.
© Marriage BuildersĀ® Forums