Marriage Builders
Posted By: fadedshadow criminal court/divorce - 10/27/04 12:52 PM
Are there any military wives out there who know how I can find out about my estranged husband's case?

My ex and I seperated 2 years ago, but divorce isnt final. Recently, though, I found out he was being invesitgated for a felony charge, and I was interviewed (willingly) by a special invesitgations detatchment.

Is there a way for me to find out where
his investigation stands? Or if he is in jail right now? Anything? I am still legally his wife, but we are legally seperated.

Probably wrong board but thought I'd ask---thanks!
Posted By: john3479 Re: criminal court/divorce - 10/28/04 11:51 PM
EpiphOny,

Have you tried contacting the Provost Marshal? I dont know if they will give you any info, but its worth a try
Posted By: David A Re: criminal court/divorce - 10/31/04 12:04 AM
In military matters the correct place to always start is with the unit or base commanders office. It they are unsure of how to handle your request in a legal matter involving your spouse they will refer you to the JAG Judge Advocate Generals office. In other words the base legal office..........

Good Luck and follow the chain of command and you have good results. If you start at the top you might get stone walled............

David A
Posted By: David A Re: criminal court/divorce - 10/31/04 12:07 AM
Oh if you can't get any answers using the correct method give your State Rep a call. They love to harrass the military.....

David A
© Marriage BuildersĀ® Forums