Marriage Builders
Posted By: imsowitty I think to much and now I feel selfish - 11/30/05 03:36 PM
So My WW Cheated a over year ago, I just found this out a few weeks ago we found out she pregnant (we were trying and I'm over joyed). We're both Work at home now and we're pretty much together all the time so there's no doubt the baby is mine thats not the problem. My First reaction when I found out was to leave but then I thought about the baby so we just argued instead. It took me a couple days to love her again and I know I did the right thing by staying, Truth be told I would have come back, It's just that I was thinking about this last night and now I feel a little on the selfish side. I guess it not really question just a thought. Man I really wish I could just stop thinking about all these stupid little things.
Posted By: Carolyn73 Re: I think to much and now I feel selfish - 11/30/05 04:54 PM
why do you feel selfish? you just found out that your wife cheated on you. you are perfectly entitled to feel however you do feel, be it angry, sad or bone numbing agony. it is not selfish, it is normal.

Just because she is pregnant doesnt mean she gets off the hook for dealing with how her actions have affected you.

realistically it is going to take more than a few days for your relationship to heal from this. i sense you want to move on as quickly as possible and enjoy life with your newly forming family. I hope you are able to do that. But it wont happen if you try and supress your emotions and dont deal with the issues properly. maybe i got the wrong jist from your post, if so, i am sorry.

in any event, you are in the right place to rebuild your relationship. THis site has LOADS of really good stuff to help you on your way.

And we are always here if you need to vent, or need a shoulder.

Cheers

Carolyn
Posted By: imsowitty Re: I think to much and now I feel selfish - 12/01/05 12:31 PM
Thanks Carolyn, It seems I need shoulders and venting alot lately. you should see some of the posts I typed all out and didn't post because they were just venting (some of them weren't even in english). I'm just glad I found this site it's helped us more than I could have imagined.
Mike
© Marriage BuildersĀ® Forums