Marriage Builders
Posted By: americajin OC fathered by WH living with WH & BW - 11/28/11 08:52 PM
I am curious, has there ever been any poster(s) where the WH got an OW pregnant and the WH & BW were awarded custody and raised the OC?
Posted By: bitbucket Re: OC fathered by WH living with WH & BW - 11/28/11 08:56 PM
Yeah there was a couple in San Antonio I think. I forget the BW's account name...I don't think the WH ever posted but she always called him the wookie. Haven't seen her around.

OW was a piece of work, drugs, in and out of jail. It took a lot of legal wrangling but they eventually got full custody.

ETA: delan-de or something like that was the BW.
Posted By: MelodyLane Re: OC fathered by WH living with WH & BW - 11/28/11 09:23 PM
Originally Posted by bitbucket
ETA: delan-de or something like that was the BW.

She is a facebook friend of mine and is doing very well!
Posted By: pops Re: OC fathered by WH living with WH & BW - 11/28/11 10:15 PM
her user name is dealan-de and her h actually had 2 oc's from ow
Posted By: Migs Re: OC fathered by WH living with WH & BW - 11/28/11 10:36 PM
Love me some Dealan-de. SHE. IS. THE. BEST.

There's also another, but I don't think she posts much. I think her username is something like Stacia or something like that.
Posted By: americajin Re: OC fathered by WH living with WH & BW - 11/30/11 05:03 PM
Mel the reason I asked is that I wonder is the decision process the same as it is for a woman to raise an OC in her family as it is for a guy? Would most women be willing to do so? Is the advice that a woman in this situation receives the same as a guy? I would imagine not just based on the others I have read where husbands have fathered OCs. I'm going to try to find her posts here and read what she wrote.

I would think that most women would be concerned that the time, effort and especially finances would detract from her own children, and if the couple were previously childless she would react much as a lot of men would when their firstborn would be an OC.

Not trying to PO anyone, I'm just trying to understand the differences in how the situations would be perceived from both the male and female viewpoint given who is raising the OC in their home.
Posted By: pops Re: OC fathered by WH living with WH & BW - 12/10/11 06:50 AM
america

if you are talking about an OC being raised full time in the home of a BS (BW or BH) the question is the same

whether the BS can see past the circumstances of the OC's origin and love the child for the child
Posted By: americajin Re: OC fathered by WH living with WH & BW - 12/15/11 01:31 PM
Pops, thanks for answering, I understand what you are saying. I'm kind of disappointed that not so many women answered, I was kinda curious as to the mindset of women who were in the reverse situation of some of the guys, like yourself, that we have seen here. And wanted to see the differences in how advice to them would differ. I read the thread Melody Lane pointed me to, and really got what she put in her sig line about the Kobayashi Maru test, although I'm not sure if non-Star trek fans would understand.
Posted By: Dealan-de Re: OC fathered by WH living with WH & BW - 12/17/11 11:03 PM
Holy schmo. I go live my life and check in to find a DD lovefest!!!!!!!!!!!

<3

AJ, my story in at the link @ the bottom of this thread.

I think my Star Trek tag line says a lot about the process.
Posted By: Dealan-de Re: OC fathered by WH living with WH & BW - 12/17/11 11:05 PM
Oh. And StaciaLee is AWESOME!
© Marriage BuildersĀ® Forums