Marriage Builders
Posted By: quakermom321 O.K. here's the plan... - 06/06/01 02:43 AM
I've been thinking about the advice I've gotten and even printed a copy of CD's list of what I'm really trying to say. I don't think I'm ready to drop the whole bucket yet but I'm prepared when we go into the counselor's tommorrow when asked what do I want my answer will be, "I'd like to know why we are here really?" That leaves me the opportunity to say, "Is this just to make husband feel more comfortable?" or "Are we trying to reconsile?" At that point I hopefully will get an idea on how to proceed. <P>I'm not there just to make life easier on my husband. But is his agreement to attend counseling part of the fog lifting? Tonight he called just to talk to the children - something I had asked him to do but he hasn't. He didn't ask to speak to me but I asked to talk to him and asked him to accompany our youngest child on a field trip Monday which he agreed. <P>Well, we'll see tommorrow PM. Wish me luck!!<BR> Kris
Posted By: gemini1 Re: O.K. here's the plan... - 06/06/01 10:54 AM
Good job QM. Yes I think the fog is beginning to lift.<BR>He realizes how much he loves and misses all of you.<P>Good luck in counseling!<P>Love<BR>Debi<P>------------------<BR>Imagine....
Posted By: broken_wings Re: O.K. here's the plan... - 06/06/01 03:58 PM
Sending prayers your way...<BR>Love<BR>bw
Posted By: quakermom321 Re: O.K. here's the plan... - 06/06/01 09:03 PM
Just a quick update - saw my own counselor this afternoon and hashed some things out. Still sticking with the plan but will try to have some patience with the counseling. I guess we need to rebuild the whole dynamic and that takes time. On the other hand you can't just stick your toe in the water. Another tactic she suggested was to try to think about it as basically helping my children which I will try to do. So again, wish me luck and I'll update later.<BR> Kris
© Marriage BuildersĀ® Forums