Marriage Builders
Posted By: MelodyLane Posting problems - 04/23/10 01:31 PM
I don't know about you, but when I make a longer post, the box flicks back up to the top with every keystroke. I just found a way around that! At the far right of the tool box above the posting box are 2 little scrolly arrows, one going up, one down. You can click on that and expand the posting box. Expanding the posting box eliminates the flicking problem.
Posted By: SmilingWoman Re: Posting problems - 04/23/10 01:35 PM
Originally Posted by MelodyLane
I don't know about you, but when I make a longer post, the box flicks back up to the top with every keystroke. I just found a way around that! At the far right of the tool box above the posting box are 2 little scrolly arrows, one going up, one down. You can click on that and expand the posting box. Expanding the posting box eliminates the flicking problem.

Let me see if this works. I have the same problem and it drives me NUTS. I've even taken to typing a response out in Word and then cutting and pasting here. Hmmm....it isn't doing the flicking thing now.....I can't figure out WHEN it does it and when it ah!!!!just started...Ok---I clicked on the arrow to make text box bigger. It seems to have worked! Yea!!!!!! Thank you ML!!!!
Posted By: MaiMai Re: Posting problems - 04/23/10 01:36 PM

It still flickers if you go to far.
Posted By: SugarCane Re: Posting problems - 04/23/10 01:39 PM
I don't know about you, but when I make a longer post, the box flicks back up to the top with every keystroke.
I have a solution for that, Mel.

Never make a post longer than 3 paragraphs.
Posted By: HerPapaBear Re: Posting problems - 04/23/10 01:50 PM

Thanks Mel...... That's been driving me nuts for a long time! Although maybe crazy is my norm nowadays....
Posted By: MelodyLane Re: Posting problems - 04/23/10 02:14 PM
Originally Posted by SugarCane

Dang, she's smart!! grin
Posted By: MelodyLane Re: Posting problems - 04/23/10 02:15 PM
Originally Posted by MaiMai
[

MaiMai, I think the trick is to keep extending the box so that you have lots of space between the last quote and the bottom of the post.

Posted By: maritalbliss Re: Posting problems - 04/23/10 02:18 PM

Excellent! That was driving me crazy! crazy It only did it on my laptop - I was ready to throw it through the window!
Posted By: MelodyLane Re: Posting problems - 04/23/10 02:18 PM
Originally Posted by SmilingWoman

Let me see if this works. I have the same problem and it drives me NUTS. I've even taken to typing a response out in Word and then cutting and pasting here. Hmmm....it isn't doing the flicking thing now.....I can't figure out WHEN it does it and when it ah!!!!just started...Ok---I clicked on the arrow to make text box bigger. It seems to have worked! Yea!!!!!! Thank you ML!!!!

MaiMai, click down below your quote and THEN click on the down arrow to expand the posting space.

It works when you do that! And if you need more space, just click the down arrow again.
Posted By: SmilingWoman Re: Posting problems - 04/23/10 02:19 PM
Originally Posted by MaiMai
[

MaiMai, I think the trick is to keep extending the box so that you have lots of space between the last quote and the bottom of the post.

Oh! I see now. You can click the arrow repeatedly and give yourself as much space as you need..
Posted By: MelodyLane Re: Posting problems - 04/23/10 02:19 PM
Originally Posted by maritalbliss

Excellent! That was driving me crazy! crazy It only did it on my laptop - I was ready to throw it through the window!

It only does that flicker thing on my home laptop; it doesn't do it on my work laptop. Can't figure out why....
Posted By: MaiMai Re: Posting problems - 04/23/10 02:31 PM
Originally Posted by SmilingWoman

MaiMai, click down below your quote and THEN click on the down arrow to expand the posting space.

It works when you do that! And if you need more space, just click the down arrow again.

I must be me. Every keystroke makes the box flicker. banghead
Posted By: turtlehead Re: Posting problems - 04/23/10 02:40 PM
It only does that flicker thing on my home laptop; it doesn't do it on my work laptop. Can't figure out why....
Different browsers? I use Firefox and don't ever see that flicker thing.
Posted By: MarriedForever Re: Posting problems - 04/23/10 02:50 PM

HOLY COW, I'm so glad you told me this!!! I posted to JustUss about it along time ago and never got a response...it was making me CRAZY!

Thanks Mel!
Posted By: SugarCane Re: Posting problems - 04/23/10 04:22 PM
Originally Posted by SugarCane

Dang, she's smart!! grin
I have the brightest ideas. It's a well-known fact.
Posted By: Pepperband Re: Posting problems - 04/23/10 05:21 PM
* LINK * instructions: how to solve all our posting problems.
Posted By: JustUss Re: Posting problems - 04/23/10 05:25 PM
I posted to JustUss about it along time ago and never got a response...it was making me CRAZY!

Sorry MF!!

Three reasons---
#1 I am computer illiterate and had to ask the Techs-blush
#2 Techs never got back to me --- shocked
#3 My senility kicked in and I forgot to get back to you! cry

SORRY!!! frown
Posted By: MelodyLane Re: Posting problems - 04/23/10 05:44 PM

Justuss, she is stalking me!!! sigh
Posted By: Pepperband Re: Posting problems - 04/23/10 05:47 PM

Justuss, she is stalking me!!! sigh
kiss
Posted By: JustUss Re: Posting problems - 04/23/10 05:58 PM
MelodyLane,

#1 Please see the Conflict Resolution Procedures in the Announcement Forum for problems with other members.

#2 Use the Notify Moderator Alert

or

#3 Start another post threatening you'll leave again if she doesn't STOP!! Then she'll have TWO posts to bump!! rotflmao
Posted By: Pepperband Re: Posting problems - 04/23/10 05:59 PM
Originally Posted by JustUss
#3 Start another post threatening you'll leave again if she doesn't STOP!! Then she'll have TWO posts to bump!! rotflmao
rotflmao
Posted By: Just Learning Re: Posting problems - 04/23/10 06:10 PM
Mel,

Thanks this has been driving me nuts. I touch type but when the lines start flickering, I seem to not be able to type any more without losing words or perhaps a few letters.

JL
Posted By: SmilingWoman Re: Posting problems - 04/23/10 06:32 PM
Originally Posted by Just Learning
Mel,

Thanks this has been driving me nuts. I touch type but when the lines start flickering, I seem to not be able to type any more without losing words or perhaps a few letters.

JL

Me too! It is the strangest thing..I just can't type correctly when the screen starts rolling back after every key stroke.
Posted By: princessmeggy Re: Posting problems - 04/23/10 06:47 PM
MelodyLane,

#1 Please see the Conflict Resolution Procedures in the Announcement Forum for problems with other members.

or

rotflmao rotflmao
Posted By: MicheleG Re: Posting problems - 04/23/10 06:59 PM
MelodyLane,

or

#3 Start another post threatening you'll leave again if she doesn't STOP!! Then she'll have TWO posts to bump!!

rotflmao rotflmao rotflmao
Posted By: MarriedForever Re: Posting problems - 04/23/10 07:24 PM
I posted to JustUss about it along time ago and never got a response...it was making me CRAZY!

Sorry MF!!

Three reasons---
#1 I am computer illiterate and had to ask the Techs-blush
#2 Techs never got back to me --- shocked
#3 My senility kicked in and I forgot to get back to you! cry

SORRY!!! frown

You are forgiven. wink

MelodyLane,

or

#3 Start another post threatening you'll leave again if she doesn't STOP!! Then she'll have TWO posts to bump!!

Administrator/Moderator

rotflmao
Posted By: lildoggie Re: Posting problems - 04/23/10 09:49 PM
I only get the flicking back to the start thing if I use any of the formatting buttons or add a graelim.

Thank for the expand-a-box tip tho. Very helpful to see an entire post.
Posted By: MelodyLane Re: Posting problems - 04/23/10 09:50 PM
MelodyLane,

or

sigh
Posted By: Pepperband Re: Posting problems - 04/23/10 09:57 PM
MelodyLane,

or

sigh

"Oh ! The humanity !" dramaqueen
Posted By: faithful follower Re: Posting problems - 04/23/10 09:58 PM
MelodyLane,

or

LMAO! Best post I read all day.
Posted By: MelodyLane Re: Posting problems - 04/23/10 10:25 PM
I have reported you ALL to Justuss! so there!! uhuh
© Marriage BuildersĀ® Forums