Marriage Builders
Posted By: cobol_girl Am I over-reacting? - 02/28/11 03:55 PM
It has been 2 yrs and 7 months since I found out about my FWH's A. We have been rebuilding quite nicely for the last year. I will admit that I was a crazy woman for a while but I settled down and we have been closer than ever. On Friday I found the following email on my DH's blackberry from an old gf from 25 years ago. She wrote: > It was so nice to talk to you after all those years.> I even felt the time went back and I can feel that we are there still in Khartoum Sudan.> Ooooh it was such a fabilious time.> You now have my cell phone and this is my e-mail address, so please keep in touch""

I flipped out and made my DH send her a NC email. He swears that she just happened to be at his friend's house when my DH called as his friend is M to her sister. My DH said he had prayed and asked God to help him tell me and he also prayed and asked God to not be tempted. He said that he would never contact her again and if she contacted him he would let me know. She sent him an apology telling him that she didn't think her email was inappropriate and there is nothing wrong with old friend checking in on each other.

Do you think I over-reacted?

Posted By: Lookin4Serenity Re: Am I over-reacting? - 02/28/11 04:00 PM
Absolutely not!
Posted By: Lady_Clueless Re: Am I over-reacting? - 02/28/11 04:12 PM
Nope, you didn't over-react.

The email WAS inappropriate, because it looks to me as if she was tryig to rekindle romantic memories.
Posted By: Scotland Re: Am I over-reacting? - 02/28/11 04:14 PM
Nope, you definitely didn't overreact.
Posted By: SusieQ Re: Am I over-reacting? - 02/28/11 04:39 PM
No, you didn't overreact. Sounds like a good opportunity to revisit EPs.

Does your H have written ones? If not, he needs to and it needs to cover conversation with women/opposite sex friendships...
Posted By: MarriedForever Re: Am I over-reacting? - 02/28/11 05:09 PM
Trust yourself a little more, you did not overreact at all.

After his A your H is still not following EPs. He should have let you know about this loooong before he got a TM from an ex-GF.

I agree with Susie about the EPs.
© Marriage BuildersĀ® Forums