Marriage Builders
Posted By: bigkahuna 10 Year's on........ - 06/26/15 06:59 PM
Hi everyone.

I was just thinking the other day that I really should do a drive-by and say Hi to all my friends as it's now been 10 years since the worst time of my life when my wife went briefly nuts and had an affair.

10 years is like a drop i the ocean of time now - we have been married for 33 years this year - most of it happily.

Owe it all pretty much to Marriage Builders and the wonderful friends and support we found here.

What really prompted me to post I guess is that I found out the other day that the OM and his wife have now divorced. They were in a long term affairage - 20+ years but eventually the stink prevailed and they divorced.

After all this time, I must confess it's still something I think about often and the OM is someone I think about every day. It's just always with you. I know that's a horrifying thought for many people but it just 'is' - it's not something that I want to think about and it doesn't affect me emotionally - it just 'is'

My wife and I are very happy and in love. We are empty nesters and have been for some time. Life is Good and God is great.

Love to all my dear friends.
Posted By: SugarCane Re: 10 Year's on........ - 06/26/15 08:03 PM
bigk! It's so nice to hear from you! You were an inspiration to me when I came here, so desperate, and it's so good to hear that you and your wife are happy.

Thank you for dropping by.

Posted By: BlindSighted2013 Re: 10 Year's on........ - 06/27/15 12:59 AM
Hi! I don't remember you from back then, but I do remember reading your posts on old threads. It's so great that you stopped back in, thank you!

Originally Posted by bigkahuna
but it just 'is' - it's not something that I want to think about and it doesn't affect me emotionally - it just 'is'
I never thought that I'd be able to say that I understand what you mean...but I think that I am beginning to get it.

Yes, thank God that Dr. Harley and Joyce saw fit to share their program so openly with so many people. And also a thank you to so many of the long term posters who freely share hours and hours of their time to help others.
Posted By: Nerlycrzy Re: 10 Year's on........ - 06/27/15 01:46 AM
BigK!! What a nice surprise!!

So good to hear you & your W are happy together. You certainly deserve it. Yes, those nagging little memories seem to never be completely gone but at least they no longer rule our lives.

I've thought of you often and missed your postings on the forum. Thank you very much for the update!
Posted By: thndrnltng Re: 10 Year's on........ - 06/27/15 02:54 AM
BigK--Great to hear from you, and even greater to hear that things are going well for you and your family! Best wishes from all the Neaks!

tl
Posted By: bigkahuna Re: 10 Year's on........ - 07/02/15 04:22 PM
Thanks friends. God Bless you all.
Posted By: markos Re: 10 Year's on........ - 07/02/15 07:34 PM
Good to see you around, bigk! I'm glad things are going so well. Don't be a stranger; we'd love to see you around more often!
Posted By: TheRoad Re: 10 Year's on........ - 07/27/15 01:22 AM
Good to hear from you. Though you staying away weakens the advice given here.
Posted By: Bellevue Re: 10 Year's on........ - 07/27/15 08:47 PM
Nice to hear that things are going good for you and your wife. I remember you. So happy you were able to restore your marriage and keep your family together.
© Marriage BuildersĀ® Forums