Marriage Builders
I've shared with the board my wife's past affair with my brother-in-law. We've since worked VERY hard to restore what can be restored. Everyone knows a marriage, after an affair, will NEVER be the same as it was before.....lost trust, betrayal....etc.

Here's my situation:

We've made great progress with our relationship over the past year. I've forgiven her and have tried to rebuild what can be rebuilt.....and will continue. I am from the "old school" of ONE man and ONE woman for ONE life.

Recently, a great business opportunity came my way and if I close the deal it would mean moving BACK to where we used to live.....where all the pain occured.

Do I work to put having to see the places they were together every day out of my mind...IOW...get over it; or would moving back there only make the situation worse.

Both sides have their positives and negatives....staying here, I'm making great money, with little debt, and don't have to work many hours...AND am 2,500 miles away from "there". If we make the move, it would mean a big step up in financial security (7 figures) and the opportunity to help take care of my wife's parents (health is going down fast).

Any advice would be appreciated,

Pegasus
Ok, let me play devil's advocate here and ask if you move back to where all the pain occurred, what steps can be taken to protect your marriage and prevent it from happening again? What is your W's stance on this move?
If you have to ask, I would say that moving back is already bothering you and you may already know what you want the answer to be.
© Marriage BuildersĀ® Forums