Marriage Builders
Anyone else disgusted by John Edwards's alleged affair?

Guard Confirms Late-Night Hotel Encounter Between Ex-Sen. John Edwards, Tabloid Reporters
Anyone else disgusted by John Edwards's alleged affair?

Apparently not. Must all be Democrats. smile

And I think "alleged" gives him more wiggle room than he deserves. He's a TRIAL LAWYER, for Pete's sake. He's become a millionaire by suing people. The Enquirer may be a tabloid, but they're not insane--which is what they'd have to be to libel a famous, successful, wealthy civil attorney.
Originally Posted by thndrnltng
The Enquirer may be a tabloid, but they're not insane--which is what they'd have to be to libel a famous, successful, wealthy civil attorney.

He is what is considered as a public figure. In order to win a suit for libel or defamation, he must prove by clear and convincing evidence (note, higher standard than normal civil suit) that the statements were false and that the defendant (Enquirer) knew the statements were false or acted with reckless disregards of its truth or falsity.

Based on the facts and circumstances these alleged pictures were taken and how and where this event occured and witnessed, overcoming this burden of proof on his part, will not be an easy task.

Really, it would be quite easy for him to prove that he is innocent. He just needs to insist on a paternity test.

I mean, give me a break, there have been rumors since August 07. The OW claimed at one time that he was the father, now it is supposedly a close friend of his.

Call me cynical, but meeting the OW and child at a hotel booked in someone else's name, by coming up the elevator through the back door at later than 2:00AM, staying a couple of hours, and hiding in the bathroom from the press sounds suspicious to me.

His wife has been his life partner and supporter and the OW is certainly a downgrade.

The whole thing disgusts me.
She even LOOKS skanky!
Originally Posted by believer
Really, it would be quite easy for him to prove that he is innocent. He just needs to insist on a paternity test.

If you're talking about winning a civil lawsuit for dafamation or libel, it would not be easy.

He is what is considered as a public figure. In order to win a suit for libel or defamation, he must prove by clear and convincing evidence that 1)the statements were false and 2)that the defendant (Enquirer) knew the statements were false or acted with reckless disregards of its truth or falsity.

Part 1 might be easy, but part 2 not so much based on the circumstances he was witnessed.
I'm not talking about going to court, I'm talking about giving his wife some peace of mind. And backing up his protestations that he is completely innocent.

Trying to think of an alternate explanation for meeting a woman at a hotel, taking the back exit, having the room in someone else's name, and all at 2:00AM.

So far, his wife is silent, but I'm sure that she will be issuing a stand by her man statement soon,
Originally Posted by believer
I'm not talking about going to court, I'm talking about giving his wife some peace of mind. And backing up his protestations that he is completely innocent.

Trying to think of an alternate explanation for meeting a woman at a hotel, taking the back exit, having the room in someone else's name, and all at 2:00AM.

So far, his wife is silent, but I'm sure that she will be issuing a stand by her man statement soon,

Even if he is later proved not to be the biological father of this child, there are still questions as to whether he believed that he was the father, if so, it will be an implied admission to his infidelity, not to mention as you have stated above, a logical explaination as to why he was meeting a woman at a hotel, taking the back exit, hiding in the bathroom, etc.

As to her issuing a stand by her man statement, I think it might not happen because he is no longer running and I am sure due to this incident, he has been crossed out off the VP short list.

Edwards made a living selling bogus "Medical" proof to ignorant juries. He thus is one of those helping to increase the cost of medical care in this country. My wife, the Nurse, has to spend a great deal of time with extra (not needed) documentation just to CYA in case of a lawsuit.

I trust the man NOT.

Larry
I trust the man NOT.

His wife doubtless joins you.
Originally posted by thndrnltng:
And I think "alleged" gives him more wiggle room than he deserves. He's a TRIAL LAWYER, for Pete's sake. He's become a millionaire by suing people. The Enquirer may be a tabloid, but they're not insane--which is what they'd have to be to libel a famous, successful, wealthy civil attorney.

Originally posted by _Larry_:
Edwards made a living selling bogus "Medical" proof to ignorant juries. He thus is one of those helping to increase the cost of medical care in this country. My wife, the Nurse, has to spend a great deal of time with extra (not needed) documentation just to CYA in case of a lawsuit.

Now I have a headache.

Funny how CIVIL TRIAL ATTORNEYS have such a bad name...until the naysayers NEED ONE.

I'd love to know just exactly what "extra (not needed) documentation" is in a medical chart. Many I've seen are sketchy enough as it is.

Do you want to try a lawless society? Just leave lynch mobs? Or what. Our society is BASED on laws. There are crooked cops, greedy attorneys, bribable judges and juries, knife-happy doctors, negligent nurses. On and on. Yeah, let's just do away with the possibility of lawsuits altogether. MUCH less paperwork, what a relief.
What to say to someone who so completely missed the point of both posts? Read it again, maybe?

There was no general condemnation of trial lawyers in those posts. I have a civil attorney right now trying to get me back the $80-100,000 a dishonest contractor cost me. I'm very grateful to have him, too. But not all trial lawyers are created equal. Larry's wife is a nurse. So am I. We have REAMS of extra work to do in order to cover ourselves legally, time used for paperwork (or computer) which could otherwise be spent with actual patients doing real, physical patient care. Mostly to protect us from the sorts suits by which John Edwards made himself a wealthy man. Not everyone who wins a medical malpractice suit had a legitimate case. Sometimes they have emotional juries and shyster lawyers, a bad combo for any medical personnel involved. And I have done chart review in my specialty for a malpractice attorney. Some of the stuff I saw was unbelievable, and in at least two cases, I exonerated the physician being sued and explained why he was not at fault. Maybe that's why I don't review charts for him any more.

You need to read about John Edwards' most famous cases. Many people have become skeptical of him PERSONALLY because of them. But the point wasn't even whether he was a shyster or not. It was that he was successful. He is not an ignorant, inexperienced Joe Schmoe who could be intimidated into not fighting back if the law were on his side. He knows his ground and the Enquirer always knew he would fight FIERCELY to punish them if they presented falsehood about him as fact.

To translate this specific opinion about one attorney into a general call for anarchy seems either disingenuous or deliberately obtuse. Anarchy--bad. John Edwards--not so hot either!
http://www.independent.co.uk/news/w...-mistress-claims-hit-edwards-878277.html

look at how the main stream media ignored this story. Think there is not a liberal bias in this country?
What to say to someone who so completely missed the point of both posts?

Actually, the point of the THREAD was a discussion of a man's alleged infidelity. A man who happens to be a trial attorney and threw his hat in for the primaries. I believe the paths of discussion took off from there into what definitely appears to be a generalization of trial attorneys (more so from the other post than yours, but that comment about "alleged" giving him more "wiggle than he deserves," oh come on). I don't know why you are assuming I missed the point of both posts, unless it's just to support your position. Which is fine, albeit an incorrect assumption. Carry on.
Think there is not a liberal bias in this country?
Ummm, my OWN city newspaper refuses to report this because it is so left you can see the building lean. These rumors have circulated since the primaries.

BTW, I am extremely thankful for a trial atty that got my son his medical malpractice settlement, but lawyers like Edwards give me the creeps. There are bad doctors and there are bad lawyers.
disingenuous or deliberately obtuse

At least now I know where to cast my vote crazy

The point I was making is if someone is entitled enough to use bogus information to win a lawsuit, they would also not be the kind of person to be trusted in a marriage, imho. Oddly enough, we did one good thing in Texas and that was tort reform. By all means, sue a Doctor and a hospital and if you win, collect.

What you will NOT find is over the top settlements and jury awards that exceeds all common sense. This is why we have a surplus of doctors in Texas. Matter of fact, there are so many doctors applying in Texas that credentials are taking a while to get.

As thnd has said, nurses spend a great deal of their time with documentation in case of a lawsuit. This is both a good thing and a bad thing. On the one hand, good documentation is exactly that, good. On the other hand, time spent with unneeded documentation takes the nurse away from patient care. See, unlike Gray's Anatomy and other popular fiction on TV, nurses are the workhorses that really do most of the stuff shown as doctors doing it.

A typical doctor sees a patient maybe a total of 6 minutes in any given day, long enough to take a cursory look, read the chart and ask how things are going. Doctors depend on nurses to both do the work needed and to tell them if there are problems that need to be addressed either with a phone call or in person during rounds.

Because of the way hospitals get paid, and I don't want to go into that tangle here, staffing is an issue. How many patients can one nurse take care of? After a 12 hours shift taking care of 7 or 8 patients with no time to eat or go to the bathroom, how much more than the 30 to 45 minute extra turnover time should be devoted to documentation? Just how tired do you want your nurse to be when she gets back to work or drives home?

My wife has saved the life of two infants because she elected to do the docs later. She still had to do the docs. She arrives home totally exhausted and her schedule allows 7 hours of sleep before she has to get up and do it all over again. This is NORMAL for nurses.

Most doctors and nurses work hard at what they do. And most are dedicated to the care of people who need them. Now comes along thugs like Edwards, who use bogus science to extract large sums of money and you find that those good docs and nurses are forced to spend even more time covering their [censored] instead of patient care. That hurts all of us through less patient care and raises the cost of what we get for what we pay.

That someone like that would also cheat on their wife, who is sick with cancer, comes as no surprise at all. Fortunately, most of the electorate is not as gullible as the trial juries Edwards sold to get his multi-million dollar settlements that made him rich.

Larry
Originally Posted by _Larry_
The point I was making is if someone is entitled enough to use bogus information to win a lawsuit....

...Now comes along thugs like Edwards, who use bogus science to extract large sums of money....

...Fortunately, most of the electorate is not as gullible as the trial juries Edwards sold to get his multi-million dollar settlements that made him rich.

Larry - Are you basing this information on Peter Huber's book?
So, no one thinks the sorcerer K.R. might be behind this story? I mean, really, after all....'tis the season!!
Originally Posted by Dancing_Machine
So, no one thinks the sorcerer K.R. might be behind this story? I mean, really, after all....'tis the season!!

Charlotte,

I don't think I've ever posted to you, but we obviously share the same suspicions about the veracity of this story.

The timing just SMACKS of dirty politics. I've always thought JE would make a great VP running mate for Obama ... possibly the R's see him as a threat also???
well, considering his own staffer came out with a "I'm not surprised" bet on the story being true. JE will be shown to have been there, fathering the child, etc. I would bet the house on it.

If KR had anything to do with it, he would have waited until Edwards was picked as the VP candidate and then sprung it loose.

That's why all of Obama's dirty laundry has yet to be given a full media push.
Now I KNOW we're not going to do another "slash and burn" thread on dems/reps/lawyers/etc....

The issue here is the judgment of elected, or potentially-elected public officials. In the interests of avoiding hypocrisy, how 'bout looking at John McCain's self-acknowledged affairage to current wife? The issue here is about character.

I'm a military officer and his behavior sickens me...
I'm a military officer and his behavior sickens me...

me too.

The ONLY mitigating factor that comes into play for me is I cannot begin to imagine how years in captivity impacted him. His ex wife also supports him.

The issue here is the judgment of elected, or potentially-elected public officials.

actually I thought the issue HERE was dicussing the news story that this thread was predicated on.
Gee, L2F, there you are!

Here we are, silly us, bumping your thread, trying to catch your attention...we just weren't waving in the correct direction.

smile

Hiya!

LA
Originally Posted by MyRevelation

Charlotte,

I don't think I've ever posted to you, but we obviously share the same suspicions about the veracity of this story.

The timing just SMACKS of dirty politics. I've always thought JE would make a great VP running mate for Obama ... possibly the R's see him as a threat also???

Stunning. Believe a completely unsubstantiated irrational conspiracy theory over investigation collaborated by independent sources.
While I understand and agree with your point, I think you mean "corroborated." The use of "collaborate" here would support a conspiracy theory which I think is contrary to your point.
Holy moly! Even though Karl Rove is responsible for all Republican dirty tricks in the whole of America--or so the "evil mastermind" has been accused--but who knew he controlled John Edwards' zipper, too? crazy Such power. I am in awe...
The ONLY mitigating factor that comes into play for me is I cannot begin to imagine how years in captivity impacted him. His ex wife also supports him.

Yeah...but no. His ex wife refers more to his wanting to be 25 when he was 40. She moved on and is happier for it...it's a stretch to say she "supports" him.

I've been in the culture of Naval Aviation for over 20 years, and had ample opportunity to sow my oats while married. I didn't because it wasn't part of MY character to do so, even though plenty of my squadronmates made a different choice.

When I was a CO I was amazed at how smart, funny and attractive I became to those serving under me (rolling eyes icon). A different man would have taken full advantage of such an opportunity.

When JM was a RAG CO (after never having had an operational command), he demonstrated a serious lack of judgment in his social decisions. It's apparent that he's one of those guys whose response to being in power was guided by a "what CAN I do", rather than "what SHOULD I do"...

As for the news story...it's pretty disquieting. JE always seemed a little to "slick" for my tastes...time will tell.
Holy moly! Even though Karl Rove is responsible for all Republican dirty tricks in the whole of America--or so the "evil mastermind" has been accused--but who knew he controlled John Edwards' zipper, too? crazy Such power. I am in awe...

I have been on the fringe of politics and politicians for a very long time. I can tell you for a fact that fast zippers amongst that bunch is a very high proportional number. The number of women willing to drop their drawers for those in power is far greater than you normally find except in similar circumstance, like old style corporate offices. Take a look at Clinton and Monica as prime examples. Nothing unusual about the attitude of either one of those two. Or of the now replaced NJ Governor or heck the list goes on and on and on and includes both parties.

And medc is right, KR would have waited until the time was ripe for maximum impact. Which is not to say that the Dems don't have their own stealth bombers. It goes with the territory. If you look, you will find the tabloids have extremely good stringers and reporters, and they make a ton of money exposing the dirt on people of all strips, the more public the better.

One major factor in political infidelity is that the number of those with entitlement complex seems higher than amongst the general population, again, no surprise. This brings me back to the purpose of this thread. Edwards is no accident. He has a very large ego and no scruples from what I can see. I have read several books on him and various articles. Cheaters come in many stripes and being a member of any given political party does not make them immune, nor should said membership provide someone with reason to blame KR, the tabloids or the great XXXX conspiracy for what the cretins dream up as their right to ego satisfaction all by their lonesome.

Larry

LA, Hiya back!

Here we are, silly us, bumping your thread, trying to catch your attention...we just weren't waving in the correct direction.

oops, sorry... been busy and spending more time on the divorcing forum lately. It's all good.

Will resurrect my thread w/ details.

Thanks for waving!!

L2F

End of T/J
It's not just politicians, either. What's always bugged me, in addition to the stupid women who drool over "powerful" males, is the incredibly stupid men who seem to think that they personally are the big attraction to the groupies that surround them. Does anybody think Keith Richards or Mick Jagger would be able to mess around with young girls if they were normal working class blokes? And poor? Donald Trump's wives married him for his charm, his winsome personality, his hair?
It's not just politicians, either. What's always bugged me, in addition to the stupid women who drool over "powerful" males, is the incredibly stupid men who seem to think that they personally are the big attraction to the groupies that surround them. Does anybody think Keith Richards or Mick Jagger would be able to mess around with young girls if they were normal working class blokes? And poor? Donald Trump's wives married him for his charm, his winsome personality, his hair?

Ahhhhhhh come on, as a Nurse, you KNOW you can't fix stupid.

Larry
I have trouble understanding the logic in how Edwards alleged bad behavior is justified by another’s bad behavior. I observe conservatives holding Republicans that misbehave accountable and feel many Liberals, while not concerned with deviant behavior, object to the hypocrisy of Republicans promoting one standard while practicing another. The result is both conservatives and liberals condemn the Republican indiscretion, even if for different reasons, while mainly conservatives object to Democrat indiscretions. My opinion is based on generalizations and I understand there are exceptions on both sides of the aisle.
Medc, you caught me! Mr. Rove will not be pleased with me.
you KNOW you can't fix stupid.

Not from the end of the body in which I specialize, anyway. laugh

Ahh ... but you forget what KR did to John McCain in the 2000 presidential primaries in South Carolina ... same MO here.
Myrev...I think you are wrong. McCain was in the primaries already. Rove would most assuredly wait till Edwards was in to launch this. Do you really doubt that this is a true story?? If so, where are JE and his wife hiding out??? Has he come out this past week to denounce this story??? Nope..he was there at 2:30 am visiting a woman....and most likely his kid.

BTW...JE would not be the first potential VP candidate to go after...would he??? Aren't there bigger, more likely VP choices that would be a target?

LOL

I don't think KR or anyone else in the GOP thinks JE is much of a threat.

I think it is more likely that someone in his own party might have have wanted to knock him off Obama's short list.

Of course, I think it's even more likely that the NE wanted to prove that their original story was true...oh, and the idea they'd make a few bucks from this story probably didn't hurt either. wink
Originally Posted by medc
Do you really doubt that this is a true story??

Personally, I have a hard time taking the National Inquirer or Fox News seriously on basically any story, but if you are asking if I doubt whether ANY politican could be unfaithful ... not hardly.

Nope, that's not what i was asking. I asked you if you had any doubt that THIS story is correct. See, I can't think of any reason why he would be there at 2:30 am and then run from reporters. Common sense dictates that he was up to no good.
Originally Posted by Learning2Fly
I've been in the culture of Naval Aviation for over 20 years, and had ample opportunity to sow my oats while married. I didn't because it wasn't part of MY character to do so, even though plenty of my squadron mates made a different choice."
Ah, tell me about navy pilots. Wife's VLTA OM was a Navy fighter pilot. And his current BW is the OW from his first M. He also had several mistresses distributed among various foreign countries at the same time as the VLTA with my W.

A good friend of mine played football for the NA. He told me he intended to meet OM some night after work and relearn him the code of conduct. Don't known if he did, though OM did run far away soon after I confronted him.

Originally Posted by Learning2Fly
When JM was a RAG CO (after never having had an operational command), he demonstrated a serious lack of judgment in his social decisions. It's apparent that he's one of those guys whose response to being in power was guided by a "what CAN I do", rather than "what SHOULD I do"
I think JM could probably be a good pres. But I will not vote for him because he was an adulterer.
Nope, that's not what i was asking. I asked you if you had any doubt that THIS story is correct. See, I can't think of any reason why he would be there at 2:30 am and then run from reporters. Common sense dictates that he was up to no good.

I wouldn't believe ANY story with the only source(s) coming from the National Inquirer and/or Fox News, but that's just me ... feel free to believe what you wish.

Like I said before, I don't "doubt" that it could be true, but I don't "believe" it based on the sources.
so, do you only choose to believe the left leaning "news" organizations? I get the issue with the NE...but Fox is as accurate as any other news station. They just come at things from a conservative perspective.
MyRev, did you have a problem trusting what the NE had to say about Rush's drug addiction?

I know the MSM didn't.

so, do you only choose to believe the left leaning "news" organizations? I get the issue with the NE...but Fox is as accurate as any other news station. They just come at things from a conservative perspective.

What is reported in what passes for "News" in this country is only as accurate as those doing the reporting. Now it happens that Fox has a mantra they push called "We report, you decide," and that doesn't sit well with a bunch of loonies on the left like moveon.org and that ilk. Without question, most major news organizations in this country are left leaning. That may be because they are sometimes well educated and that they see a lot and it may be that their culture breeds their thought processes, take your pick. Or it might be that it is easier to cater to management bias and more job secure. You can pick that if you like as well. I think the latter applies to the NYT, for example.

Having participated in a few events that made the news, I can tell you from my experience, that what was reported bore some resemblance to what happened but lacked details that would have "Made" sense out of the chaos. It is dirt easy to "Spin" the news as anyone watching Chris Matthews can attest. For the record, the only way you can see what really happened is by watching CSPAN, and then you don't get the back room stuff.

We have an adversarial form of government. The dems against the repubs and the bureaucrats against the elected bunch. Right now two people in power are holding up a vote on an energy plan that even some of the more credible left leaning have bought most of, for example. And those in the news gathering business are like snakes, they will turn on you in a heart beat if and when they decide their personal interests lean that way.

The real problem we have is that all this infighting and bickering has stopped us from dealing with our self interest in effective ways. Well, if you interpret self interest as the greatest common good. If you just go with self interest, to heck with the rest of humanity, then you get the hard cases both on the left and on the right. And those of us in the middle get the shaft.

This bears a great deal of resemblance to the attitude of waywards in which self interest and emotions trump the good of the family.

Larry

Charlotte,

I think it's very much possible. Even probable. Dare I go further than just sticking my toe in and jump the rest of the way in and say that it's very likely? Well, yeah. I just did.

LOL!! I knew that was going to create a big stink but I couldn't help it!! I just HAD to say it!! It's one of the first things I thought of. Me, and some other people I know. And now you as well.

Charlotte
I'll take this one!!

Does anybody think Keith Richards or Mick Jagger would be able to mess around with young girls if they were normal working class blokes?

YES!!! But the pickin's would be a lot slimmer!! wink

Charlotte
My favorite joke about Mick Jagger says, "His mouth is so big he could French kiss Wyoming." Absent his money and his fame, he probably would've had trouble picking up chicks when he was YOUNG. grin

Well, let's see how many apologies the Republicans get when this turns out to be a true story, uncovered by a magazine which is run by Clinton supporters. I'll hold my breath. I'm SURE it will be soon.
"His mouth is so big he could French kiss Wyoming."

Ewwwwwwwwwwww! You take that back! That is so disgusting!
I don't want him anywhere near me...maybe you could pick another state, like, um, Texas! Yeah Texas. Or Florida. Or New York.

P.S. T&L--Check Fem Hyg thread, I have a question for ya!
blush I forgot. Maybe you can be on vacation at the time!
My favorite joke about Mick Jagger says, "His mouth is so big he could French kiss Wyoming." Absent his money and his fame, he probably would've had trouble picking up chicks when he was YOUNG.

I hear THAT!!! LOL!!

I never could figure out his appeal. Sure isn't any for me!! LOL! I guess he's an "acquired taste?" wink

Eeeeeeeewwwwwwwwwwwwwww!!!!!!!!!
Ewwwwwwwwwwww! You take that back! That is so disgusting!
I don't want him anywhere near me...maybe you could pick another state, like, um, Texas! Yeah Texas. Or Florida. Or New York.

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!

NOT Texas!!!!

Alaska.

laugh
If he picked Alaska wouldn't he look silly with his tongue stuck to the whole state? laugh
LMAO!! Yeah, like the kid in, "A Christmas Story!"
Birth certificate for Rielle Hunter's child lists no father even though former aide to John Edwards had claimed paternity in December.

LINK

Looks like the NE and FOX news had it right.

Edwards Admits Sexual Affair

Is it news, yet?
Looks like he is admitting to adultery, but denying paternity.

It's interesting he makes a point of declaring he did NOT love the OW, and his wife's cancer was in remission at the time. Oh I'm sure that makes Mrs. Edwards feel soooo much better. :RollieEyes:
"Edwards denied paying any money to Hunter to keep her from going public but said it was possible some of his friends or supporters may have made payments without telling him. "

I sure am glad we got Mr. Rolleyes back in time for this one! :RollieEyes:
Yeah.

I'm sure he's telling the truth now. :RollieEyes:

Oh well. Another cheating politician. *YAWN*

They all do it...just ask McCain.

I hope they all end up fishing dinner out of dumpsters.
DANG that wascally Wepubwican, Karl Wove, for forcing this poor, innocent, victimized politician to confess to something he didn't do...a manufactured tale by the tabloid National Enquirer, your always-unreliable news source. And welcome to Nightline, the new tabloid source for prevaricating confabulation. Poor Ted Koppel. He must be SO embarrassed at the depths to which prestigious show has sunk. :RollieEyes:
DANG that wascally Wepubwican, Karl Wove, for forcing this poor, innocent, victimized politician to confess to something he didn't do...a manufactured tale by the tabloid National Enquirer, your always-unreliable news source. And welcome to Nightline, the new tabloid source for prevaricating confabulation. Poor Ted Koppel. He must be SO embarrassed at the depths to which prestigious show has sunk. :RollieEyes:

This isn't a partisan issue...there's no way to make it one. There are so many cheaters on both sides of the aisle that they are the norm, not the exception.

The Elmer Fudd dialect was funny...it made me think of [censored] Cheney shooting his friend in the face.

I wonder if the bill of his cap spun all the way around?
'

everybody does it, I tell ya!! everybody does it, I tell ya!! everybody does it, I tell ya!! everybody does it, I tell ya!! everybody does it, I tell ya!! polly want a cwacker! polly want a cwacker! polly want a cwacker! polly want a cwacker! laugh
LOL thndrnltng!

He's got some tough questions to answer.

If his A ended in 2006, why was he sneaking around in a hotel last month?

If his W found out about the A in 2006 why would he keep OW "under contract" through Dec. 2006?

[sarcasm] Well, at least he can count himself lucky enough to have some friends who must love him so much that they would pay off his OW on his behalf w/o even telling him about it! [/sarcasm]

Originally Posted by MelodyLane
'

everybody does it, I tell ya!! everybody does it, I tell ya!! everybody does it, I tell ya!! everybody does it, I tell ya!! everybody does it, I tell ya!! polly want a cwacker! polly want a cwacker! polly want a cwacker! polly want a cwacker! laugh

So, you gonna vote for McCain?

Do I hear a retraction? Going once. Going twice...

Quite a leap from John Edward's roaming penis to [censored] Cheney's bad aim. I'm impressed, Krazy. Are you, by any chance, a gymnast?
ok, here are some talking points I dredged up for us:

This is a vast, right winged conspiracy out to get Clinton Edwards!

This is a partisan investigation!

This investigation was brought on by partisan opponents of the presidency Edwards!!

Those republicans planted all that evidence!

Monica Lewinsky Rielle was sent in by the republicans to seduce and bring down Clinton Edwards!

Everybody does it!!

grin

Sadly, we're not exactly overrun with moral choices. I don't see anyone on the ticket whom I approve of. Quite a quandary!
ok, here are some talking points I dredged up for us:

This is a vast, right winged conspiracy out to get Clinton Edwards!

This is a partisan investigation!

This investigation was brought on by partisan opponents of the presidency Edwards!!

Those republicans planted all that evidence!

Monica Lewinsky Rielle was sent in by the republicans to seduce and bring down Clinton Edwards!

Everybody does it!!

grin

Not to T/J too badly, but any theories why these men do this crap when they KNOW all eyes are on them??

I mean, I get that waywards are somewhat foggy, but would a typical WS chase after adultery partners if they knew the press was following them 24/7?? What kind of entitlement crap is that?? It takes foggy to a whole new level!

Do I hear a retraction? Going once. Going twice...

Quite a leap from John Edward's roaming penis to [censored] Cheney's bad aim. I'm impressed, Krazy. Are you, by any chance, a gymnast?

I'm not defending Edwards at all. I have no doubt he's guilty. The kid's probably his, too.

Fortunately, it shouldn't have any effect on the presidential election.

I'm always amused at the glee displayed by some when the "other side" screws up.
Since the National Enquirer broke the story am I now forced to believe......

Elvis WAS in the Wal-Mart in Spokane last month?

Liz Taylor has an 8 lb tumor on her face?

Brangela's twins were fathered by aliens?

Oprah had Gary Coleman's love child?

I'm always amused at the glee displayed by some when the "other side" screws up.

I completely agree. And am amazed at the defensiveness shown by "some" when "their" side does the same. Odd, isn't it?
Oh, and did I mention? [censored] Cheney shot someone in the face.
You could also have used Newt Gingrich, John McCain, Bob Livingston, Larry Craig, or Mark Foley.

Or is "everybody does it" only funny when it's the "other guys"?
halliburton!halliburton!halliburton!everybodydoesit!everybodydoesit!halliburton!halliburton!halliburton!halliburton!
halliburton!halliburton!halliburton!everybodydoesit!everybodydoesit!halliburton!halliburton!halliburton!halliburton!

Someone's been to the Ann Coulter School of Issue Avoidance. laugh
Originally Posted by Krazy71

Krazy, what in the world are you doing defending the indefensible? Why would you do all this spinning for a lying cheater, friend? Since when you do you defend adulterers?

Charlotte,

Seems your 'Spidey Sense' was off. grin

Krazy, what in the world are you doing defending the indefensible? Why would you do all this spinning for a lying cheater, friend? Since when you do you defend adulterers?

I'm not defending Edwards at all. I have no doubt he's guilty. The kid's probably his, too.

Fortunately, it shouldn't have any effect on the presidential election.

The "outrage" on this thread isn't because he cheated. It's because he's a *gasp* Democrat who cheated.
The "outrage" on this thread isn't because he cheated. It's because he's a *gasp* Democrat who cheated.

The GLEE comes from watching liars and blameshifters getting their just desserts. Thats what one gets when they do silly things like lie and blame KarlRove, etc. :RollieEyes: They brought it all on themselves.

Don't squander your credibility defending losers like Edwards, Krazy, he is not worth it.
Don't squander your credibility defending losers like Edwards, Krazy, he is not worth it.

I guess you didn't see my last post...the one where I said I wasn't defending Edwards.

Oh, and I saw a tabloid recently that claimed Laura Bush is going to divorce Dubya shortly after he leaves office.

The primary reason? You guessed it.

I guess you didn't see my last post...the one where I said I wasn't defending Edwards.

Yes, I did see your last post. And I laughed.
What was funny?
John Edwards 2007 Father of the Year Award Ceremony

Now THAT'S funny. laugh

I get that same chuckle when someone refers to McCain as a "hero".
This reminds me of my cousin, Joe Don. When we were young teens, my grandpa took us out to the farm. My cousin Joe Don went into a shed and came out a while later.

He came out with a GAS RING around his nose and mouth from a gas can. Apparently, he had been "huffing" gas in the shed.

We never told him. grin Everyone except Joe Don knew what a fool he looked like that day. grin
This isn't a partisan issue...there's no way to make it one.

I get that same chuckle when someone refers to McCain as a "hero".

And yet you're the one who keeps dragging Edwards' political opponents into this latest convo. Repeatedly. And you have yet to explain how Mccain's lack of hero-ness or [censored] Cheney's hunting mishap...or Newt Gingrich, Mark Foley, Bob Livinston, etc...make a hair's worth of difference to this situation. How does the fact that someone else--ANYONE else--screwed around make John Edwards any less of a liar and a cheat? Your posts contradict themselves, since I see no reason for you to bring these people's sins into the dialogue except to attempt to make political points.

When Neak was a baby, and I was plotting with an inmate of the Washington State Penitentiary to kill her father for his insurance money, or later when I tried to sell my soul to the devil in exchange for his death, nobody else's bad behavior exonerated ME for what I tried to do. And there was certainly plenty of bad behavior going around in the early 70s, too. What I did wasn't mitigated by the fact that I was a child of missionaries, either. If anything, my previous life style and protestations of belief made what I did worse. As a former pious fraud, I can still recognize one when I see one...and I don't care what his political persuasion is.
His statement -

In 2006, I made a serious error in judgment and conducted myself in a way that was disloyal to my family and to my core beliefs. I recognized my mistake and I told my wife that I had a liaison with another woman, and I asked for her forgiveness. Although I was honest in every painful detail with my family, I did not tell the public. When a supermarket tabloid told a version of the story, I used the fact that the story contained many falsities to deny it. But being 99% honest is no longer enough.
I was and am ashamed of my conduct and choices, and I had hoped that it would never become public. With my family, I took responsibility for my actions in 2006 and today I take full responsibility publicly. But that misconduct took place for a short period in 2006. It ended then. I am and have been willing to take any test necessary to establish the fact that I am not the father of any baby, and I am truly hopeful that a test will be done so this fact can be definitively established. I only know that the apparent father has said publicly that he is the father of the baby. I also have not been engaged in any activity of any description that requested, agreed to or supported payments of any kind to the woman or to the apparent father of the baby.

It is inadequate to say to the people who believed in me that I am sorry, as it is inadequate to say to the people who love me that I am sorry. In the course of several campaigns, I started to believe that I was special and became increasingly egocentric and narcissistic. If you want to beat me up - feel free. You cannot beat me up more than I have already beaten up myself. I have been stripped bare and will now work with everything I have to help my family and others who need my help.

I have given a complete interview on this matter and having done so, will have nothing more to say.

"But being 99% honest is no longer enough."

HUH????????? That's word for word what my cheating ex said.

And I doubt that he told his wife in 2006. He's trying to save face. Besides, it appears that the affair has continued.

I feel sorry for his wife, especially after his claims about his wonderful marriage.

McCain is a hero due to what he did as a soldier. I may not like his choices in his personal life but I would never disparage a veteran who gave up those kind of years for his country.

It's a slap at all veterans.
Ah my favorite, a (semi) political thread, a feast of strawman arguments and sweeping generalizations. I reckon I'll provide a few of my own.

I'm reading the Edwards story and looking back over the last several years, and comparing different stories, and something seems odd:

I can't think of a Democratic politician who's had a high-profile affair who is now divorced from his BS or married to his affair partner. Except possibly a homosexual here or there.

And I can't think of a Republican politician who's had a high-profile affair who did not divorce his spouse and marry his affair partner. Except possibly a homosexual here or there.

I'm not implying anything. My own political prism and memory could be responsible for this impression. But I'm just taking inventory and that's what I'm seeing.

In any event, "they" are not "all the same".

And in some peculiar way, maybe it actually is a partisan issue.
From an AP article today, 8-8-08:

In 1999, when Edwards was a senator, he said of President Clinton and his affair with Monica Lewinsky:

"I think this president has shown a remarkable disrespect for his office, for the moral dimensions of leadership, for his friends, for his wife, for his precious daughter. It is breathtaking to me the level to which that disrespect has risen."

Breathtaking, indeed...
Even though JE has admitted his affair, I am certain that in some way...Karl Rove is responsible for his infidelity.

Wow...what a shocker.
From an AP article today, 8-8-08:

In 1999, when Edwards was a senator, he said of President Clinton and his affair with Monica Lewinsky:

"I think this president has shown a remarkable disrespect for his office, for the moral dimensions of leadership, for his friends, for his wife, for his precious daughter. It is breathtaking to me the level to which that disrespect has risen."

Breathtaking, indeed...

Ha laugh Ha

I just popped in here to quote this exact same 1999 remark that Edwards made.

This reminds me of that "pedestal" discussion that we had some while ago ....
gc:

Our mayor, Villaraigosa, is a democrat who's now divorced over his affair.

But he's an unrepentant philanderer (and a rather s2pid one at that). I'm not convinced that Edwards is.

-ol' 2long
I don't think its a virtue to stay married at any cost, so that is hardly anything to brag about. Sometimes the most virtuous thing is divorce. Nor do I think its a "family value" to stay married to a sexual predator with a long history of serial adultery, sexual harassment. I have a hard time respecting any woman who would stay married to that.

Even so, I think we would all be better off if we did a better job of choosing people to lead who have the character and integrity to do the job.
Originally Posted by 2long
But he's an unrepentant philanderer (and a rather s2pid one at that). I'm not convinced that Edwards is.

Not unrepentant? Not a philander? Not stupid? Which are you unconvinced about?

Just curious...
Let me reiterate.

I'm not implying anything.
Originally Posted by 2long

Not unrepentant? Not a philander? Not stupid? Which are you unconvinced about?

Just curious...

1st. He at least sounds repentant (though the upstanding thing 2 have done would have been 2 admit the affair publicly, not just 2 his family, particularly since he's a public figure).

I don't think he's a philanderer (multiple affairs), but he might be. I don't think he's s2pid (but he may be just proud and clever enough 2 have gotten in2 trouble).

Villaraigosa is dumber than a sheet of 11/32" CDX plywood.

-ol' 2long
From today's newspaper:

Hunter - who had no prior video or production experience - incorporated her company, Midline Groove Productions, just five days before the committee cut her first check.

Don't know who to give credit to for this masterful bit of truth-in-advertising, Rielle Hunter or Karl Rove.
He at least sounds repentant (though the upstanding thing 2 have done would have been 2 admit the affair publicly, not just 2 his family, particularly since he's a public figure).

are you kidding? He confessed this to his wife in 2006. Two months ago he was in her hotel room at 2:30 am! That sounds repentant??? Come on 2long.
Two months ago he was in her hotel room at 2:30 am! That sounds repentant???

July 21st

edit to add - he's "sorry" alright :RollieEyes: sorry he got caught last month while his wife thought the adultery stopped 2 years ago ...

the money trail is going to reveal a lot more than the Enquirer story ever did

He at least sounds repentant (though the upstanding thing 2 have done would have been 2 admit the affair publicly, not just 2 his family, particularly since he's a public figure).

are you kidding? He confessed this to his wife in 2006. Two months ago he was in her hotel room at 2:30 am! That sounds repentant??? Come on 2long.

Medc, I'm sure he was just doing what any good repentant wayward does and was saying his final goodbye ....... for four hours... in a hotel room..... in the middle of the night. laugh
classic adultery "closure"
Originally Posted by Pepperband
classic adultery "closure"

yep, yep, dats it! He was getting "closure!" grin
it actually worries me that any person could see him as repentant. It is time to raise the bar!
Haha!

Okay, I change my 2ne. I haven't read the articles, so I didn't know he'd been doing this still so recently.

On CBS Sunday morning, they mentioned a poll that said that 56% of americans don't care if a candidate has had an affair.

-ol' 2long
"Closure" of what? His zipper? :RollieEyes:
"Closure" of what? His zipper? :RollieEyes:

*thud*
I just saw on foxnews.com that Hunter is trash talking JE's wife!!

Off with her head!!
Oh how I hope that this sl**'s money well is about to dry up!
Andrew Aldridge Young is the former Edwards campaign worker and assistant who has claimed to be the father of John Edward's mistress Rielle Hunter's baby. Young has a wife and three children. Dallas attorney and John Edwards supporter Fred Baron recently confirmed that he financed Young, his family, and Hunter's move to Santa Barbara, claiming to have financed the move and living expenses without the knowledge of Edwards. Young's name does not appear on the Hunter baby's birth certificate, which has kept open questions about whether Young is actually the father.

Now public records searches reveal a history of criminal charges and convictions that paint a potentially different picture of Young than that of a typical campaign worker. The records, published on the website WebOfDeception.com, appear to list over twenty different criminal offenses and a tax lien.

LINK

Interesting info about Rielle Hunter at that link too.
I find it unbelievable that IF the other guy is the father, why his wife would move with the OW to another state? It sounds like they all went as friends, but even if they didn't, I sure as hell wouldn't move willingly to the same town/state/planet as the OW who has my H's OC. Or did I miss something?

That is the part that makes this all still smell bad as far as John Edwards is concerned. He's not the father, but visits. Young is the father, but not listed. No paternity test will be done because it will blow this whole cover to smithereens! Stinky. My BS radar is on high alert!
Keeping It Rielle
By MAUREEN DOWD
August 9, 2008 NYT

John Edwards’s confession was a little bit breathtaking.

Not the sex stuff. That happens here all the time.

And certainly not covering up the sex stuff. That happens here all the time, too. First people uncover; then they cover up.

Nobody’s ever had sex with that woman until, suddenly, they have.

The stunning admission Edwards made to ABC’s Bob Woodruff, and in a written statement from Chapel Hill on Friday afternoon, was that he’s a narcissist.

He admitted that wallowing in “self-focus” out on the trail and thinking you’re “special” can result in a solipsism that “leads you to believe you can do whatever you want, you’re invincible and there’ll be no consequences.”

Auto-psychoanalysis by the perp. That’s really rich. When Bill Clinton acknowledged an affair, after equally adamant denials, he simply went into an old-fashioned spiral of penitence, his allegedly long, dark night of his alleged soul.

Even in confessing to preening, Edwards was preening. His diagnosis of narcissism was weirdly narcissistic, or was it self-narcissistic? Given his diagnosis, I’m sure his H.M.O. would pay.

The creepiest part of his creepy confession was when he stressed to Woodruff that he cheated on Elizabeth in 2006 when her cancer was in remission. His infidelity was oncologically correct.

So narcissist walks into a New York bar and meets a legendarily wacky former Gotham party girl — whose ’80s exploits were chronicled in a novel by her former boyfriend Jay McInerney because the behavior of her and her friends “intrigued and appalled me.” When you appall Jay McInerney, you know you’re in trouble.

The president manqué gives Rielle Hunter, formerly Lisa Druck, more than $114,000 to shoot vain little videos for his Web site (even though she’s a neophyte), one of which is scored with the song “True Reflections” about the Narcissus pool, which goes: “When you look into a mirror, do you like what’s looking at you? Now that you’ve seen your true reflections, what on earth are you gonna do?”

He has an affair with Hunter, while he’s honing his speech on the imperative to “live in a moral, honest, just America.” A married former aide says he’s the father when she gets pregnant, even though she’s telling people Edwards is the dad. And one of his campaign donors pays off Hunter to get her resettled with the baby out of North Carolina.

But the Breck Girl wants a gold star for the fact that he sent his marriage into remission when his wife was in remission. That’s special.

In his statement, he bleats: “You cannot beat me up more than I have already beaten up myself. I have been stripped bare.” Isn’t stripping bare how he got into this mess?

It isn’t like we didn’t know that the son of a millworker was a little enraptured by himself, radiating self-love from his smile and his man-in-a-hurry airs and the notorious $800 bill for a pair of haircuts and his two-minute YouTube hair primping to the tune of “I Feel Pretty.”

Certain men assume that power confers sexual privilege. And in American politics, there is an eternal disjunction between character and achievement. Sinners do good things, saints do bad things.

Still, it’s bizarre the way these pols spend millions getting their faces plastered everywhere and then think they can do something in secret. “Yeah, I didn’t think anyone would ever know about it, I didn’t,” Edwards said.

In one of the Web films Hunter directed, he actually flirts with the blonde, laughingly telling her that his address on morality is “a great speech” and complaining, “Why don’t you hear me give it live?”

For some reason, super-strivers have a need to sell what is secretly weakest about themselves, as if they yearn for unmasking. Edwards’s decency and concern for the weak in society — except for his own wife. Bill Clinton’s intellect and love of community — except for his stupidity and destructiveness about Monica. Bush the Younger’s jocular, I’m-in-charge self-confidence — except for turning over his presidency, as no president ever has, to his Veep. Eliot Spitzer’s crusade for truth, justice and the American way — except at home.

In the Hunter video titled “Plane Truths,” Edwards is relaxing on his plane, telling the out-of-frame director: “I’ve come to the personal conclusion that I actually want the country to see who I am, who I really am, but I don’t know what the result of that will be. But for me personally, I’d rather be successful or unsuccessful based on who I really am, not based on some plastic Ken doll that you put up in front of audiences.” Ken couldn’t have said it better.

Back in 2002, Edwards sent me a Ken doll dressed in bathing trunks, Rio de Janeiro Ken, with a teasing note, because he didn’t like my reference to him as a Ken doll in a column.

In retrospect, the comparison was not fair — to Ken.
Sickening. I'm glad he didn't get the nomination.

McCain is very similar. He also cheated on and ditched a critically injured wife for a younger model. He is living in an affairage, which is a definite dirty word here on the MB forums (as it should be.)

And our other choice, well don't even get me started. Seriously, are there NO moral options to run for President of the United States?
Nice article.

That this WITCH can scorn the betrayed wife, makes me see RED. If I was ever an adulteress, I would hope that I would keep my mouth shut about the wife. It's so snarky and sleazy.
Believer..it infuriates me too. I'm speechless. How in the world do you do that publicly? No class. None. His poor wife.

And our other choice, well don't even get me started. Seriously, are there NO moral options to run for President of the United States?

KIR - why not just ask Obama, he'll tell you what he thinks you want to hear.

Seriously, are there NO moral options to run for President of the United States?

Nope. We kicked God and "moral absolutes" out of the country years ago and now we have the products of that choice.

"Morality is relative" is the "new standard." Just ask the career politicians.

Like 2long said, 56% percent of the people don't see anything wrong in a candidate who has been involved in adultery. Perhaps that's "moral blindness," perhaps it's "moral relativism," or more likely it's just a way to justify in their own minds that THEY can do whatever they want to do and NO ONE has the "right" to tell them they are wrong. Of course, they DO reserve for themselves the "right" to tell YOU that you are wrong if you don't "believe as they believe." Absolutes? "Relativisim" tends to end rather quickly when someone feels like THEY are losing something to someone else's "relative moral standards."

**EDIT**
I'll hold my breath. I'm SURE it will be soon.

I don't know if anybody else is still waiting on those retractions, but I give up. I just HAVE to breathe...... Very deep sighsighsighsighsighsighsighsighsighsighsigh .
thdrnltng - "It'll be a cold day before the 'Breck Girl' Edwards tells the truth.

He was forced into an admission that he had been lying for years.

He is still lying and attempting to continue to make people think that "character doesn't count."

As for Ms. Hunter....a vivid insight into the workings of the mind of an "Other Woman." "DIE Elizabeth, DIE! Then John and I can be married and live 'happily ever after'."

"John is such a smart and GOOD man!"

Liars lie...and continue lying and parsing the truth to rationalize their lies.

puke
and now there is a federal crime of using campaign funds to pay this woman off. $14,000 from the campaign advisor to the ho...but, of course, JE knew nothing of this.

Wait and see where this goes.

And of course there will be no DNA testing....why...gee, shucks, I don't know.

Edwards last week acknowledged he had an affair with Hunter in 2006. The former Democratic presidential contender and senator from North Carolina has denied any knowledge of those payments to Hunter from Fred Baron, Edwards' national finance chairman and a wealthy Dallas-based trial attorney. Baron also has described his payments to Hunter as a private transaction.

But the $14,000 payment to Hunter is significant because its source was Edwards' OneAmerica political action committee, whose expenditures are governed by U.S. election laws. Willfully converting money from a political action committee for personal use would have been a federal criminal violation.

And WHY was he with her in July 2008???? He supposedly confessed to his wife in 2006. Gee, shucks, I don't know.
KarlRovetheDevil made him do it.
But he reallyreallyreallyreallyreallyREALLY didn't want to!!
Rielle Hunter, the mistress at the center of the political storm around Edwards, held the former North Carolina senator in high regard. However, the party girl-turned-healer-turned-videographer was apparently less generous with her former paramour's wife.

"I've only met her once," Hunter told Newsweek reporter Jonathan Darman in late 2006 during a lunch in which she mistakenly cast him as a friend. "She does not give off good energy. She didn't make eye contact with me."

Weeks later, Hunter was fired from her job documenting Edwards on the campaign trail. She called the reporter to tell him, saying Edwards did not defend her when she was relieved of her $114,000-plus job. But her scorn for Elizabeth Edwards was evident, blaming her for her misfortune.

"Someday, the truth about her is going to come out," Hunter told Newsweek.

Darman, who first met Hunter in Iowa in July 2006 while she was filming the documentary

Source Click Here

This sleazy OW [Rielle Hunter] makes my blood boil. It has really hit a nerve the way she talks bad about JE's betrayed wife.

Just a complete and utter preditor with no signs of a conscience.

Disgusting. mad

This sleazy OW [Rielle Hunter] makes my blood boil. It has really hit a nerve the way she talks bad about JE's betrayed wife.

Disgusting.

EXACTLY!! rant2
Originally Posted by mimi_here

Disgusting.

EXACTLY!! rant2

But that's a tad "judmental" of us, don't you think?

After all, who are we to say that what she feels and what she wants is "wrong?"

Or maybe it would be wrong for us, but she has the right to believe it's right for her?

think naughty faint
Originally Posted by mimi_here

Disgusting.

EXACTLY!! rant2

^5 Mimi!

hurray hurray hurray

I agree 100%.

I would say though that she is no worse (and most likely a little better) in this case as JE is ONLY one that broke wedding vows here. She is certainly low...but the WS is lower..by far.

I agree 100%.

I would say though that she is no worse (and most likely a little better) in this case as JE is ONLY one that broke wedding vows here. She is certainly low...but the WS is lower..by far.

I guess I see it differently.

I can cut some slack for those who don't know their partner is married.

However, given how public JE is and that it's pretty common knowledge that he's married, I think anyone who pairs up with a known married person is just as low as the unfaithful spouse.

MEDC, you are or were in law enforcement. There has to be some sort of respect for the badge for it to work.

So why not apply the same concept to marriage. There has to be respect for the marriage by those not in the marriage for it to work best.

Sure, there are corrupt cops like there are unfaithful spouses. However, for the system to work, there has to be respect for the badge, even if the officer is bad.

The same is true for marriage. One part in defense of marriage is for those who know the man or woman is married, is for the potential affair partner to say no to any advances by an unfaithful man or woman.

I really see an affair partner's involvement with a known married person just as bad as the married person's infidelity.

It's not a personal breaking of the vow, but it is a personal disrespect of that vow.
well, using your example. Having been a cop and taken the VOW to enforce the law and proctec others, I think my responsibility and obligion exceeds that of a person that did not. If I were to break the law, I would have expeced and deserved a hasher punishment (and judgement) based on those "vows."

One should respect the marriage. But any and every marriage would be safe if those that took the vows lived up to their promises.

Edwards is guilty of everything that she did PLUS he betrayed his wife and his vows.
I really see an affair partner's involvement with a known married person, who's wife is struggling with a life threatening illness namely cancer, just as bad as the married person's infidelity.

Hi EE,

I added what I deem an important piece (RED) to your quote above.

Having been in this very situation, and having the OW harrass me while sick, IMO the onus lies on both their shoulders, equally.

Jo
It takes both.

And sadly, there are enough on both sides of the marital fence to mess up a good system.

Just like there are enough bad apples on both sides of the badge to make things bad for the innocent.

The only difference I see, is that perhaps you can add a charge of not keeping one's own vow, be it the oath an LEO takes or the vows of the married.

So if you are counting, yes there are more infractions.

But if you look at the damage, it's the same. So being pragmatic, I see it just as bad regardless of the marital status of the affair partner.

And affair is an affair, the damage is the same, regardless of her marital status, therefore, no allowance for her will be given by me.
Originally Posted by Resilient
I really see an affair partner's involvement with a known married person, who's wife is struggling with a life threatening illness namely cancer, just as bad as the married person's infidelity.

Hi EE,

I added what I deem an impotant piece (RED) to your quote above.

Having been in this very situation, and having the OW harrass me while sick, IMO the onus lies on both their shoulders, equally.

Jo

I don't think it even requires the betrayed partner to be sick. It's bad regardless the health of the betrayed partner.

For example, I don't see Monica L. as an innocent victim. She knew Bill was married. She is just as much a low-life as Bill was, lying about what happened.

Originally Posted by Enlightened_Ex
I don't think it even requires the betrayed partner to be sick. It's bad regardless the health of the betrayed partner.

For example, I don't see Monica L. as an innocent victim. She knew Bill was married. She is just as much a low-life as Bill was, lying about what happened.

Agreed. However, the idea the OW (and WH for that matter) knows the wife is sick and fighting for her life makes their actions even that more outrageous.

Believe me, I've been here for 8 years and would NEVER consider an OW "INNOCENT" or a "VICTIM". Quite the contrary.

Jo
© Marriage Builders® Forums