Marriage Builders
Posted By: princessmeggy "What Rielle Hunter Told Me" - 08/12/08 06:53 PM

This is an article by Jonathan Darman, another Newsweek reporter who developed a semi-relationship with her during her affair with Edwards. Check out Rielle's "idea" for a new TV show. She's certifiably a kook.

puke More words of wisdom from Rielle

Posted By: jewelldy Re: "What Rielle Hunter Told Me" - 08/12/08 06:58 PM
Yes,and she also bad mouthed Elizabeth. She won't let them test her baby's DNA. I think she KNOWS it isn't his. She just wants it to be known it MAY be his hence no DNA testing. What a b****.
Posted By: Krazy71 Re: "What Rielle Hunter Told Me" - 08/12/08 07:01 PM
I hope that she and Cindy McCain share a room in hell.
Posted By: MelodyLane Re: "What Rielle Hunter Told Me" - 08/12/08 07:04 PM
She was fiercely devoted to astrology and New Age spirituality. She'd been a New York party girl, she'd been married and divorced, she'd been a seeker and a teacher and was a firm believer in the power of truth.

yep, she's a kook. sick
Posted By: Resilient Re: "What Rielle Hunter Told Me" - 08/12/08 07:07 PM
Quoting the article about Rielle:
She said, as an actress and as a spiritual adviser. She was fiercely devoted to astrology and New Age spirituality. She'd been a New York party girl, she'd been married and divorced, she'd been a seeker and a teacher and was a firm believer in the power of truth

Please excuse me while I go hurl a chunk of hypocrital mas. puke

Posted By: jewelldy Re: "What Rielle Hunter Told Me" - 08/12/08 07:51 PM
She wouldn't know truth if it bit her in the.....butt.
Posted By: wildhorses74 Re: "What Rielle Hunter Told Me" - 08/12/08 07:54 PM
At lunch at the Soho House in late spring of '07, Rielle told me that she and novelist Jay McInerney were working on a "genius" idea for a television show about women who help men get out of failing marriages by having affairs with them.

What a piece of work.

Fox
Posted By: princessmeggy Re: "What Rielle Hunter Told Me" - 08/12/08 07:56 PM
Originally Posted by wildhorses74
At lunch at the Soho House in late spring of '07, Rielle told me that she and novelist Jay McInerney were working on a "genius" idea for a television show about women who help men get out of failing marriages by having affairs with them.

What a piece of work.

Fox

"Genius". Yep. :RollieEyes:
Posted By: Dealan-de Re: "What Rielle Hunter Told Me" - 08/12/08 07:57 PM
"Work" is not the word I'd use for what she is a piece of.

Elizabeth has more class in a hangnail that this tart.
Posted By: Krazy71 Re: "What Rielle Hunter Told Me" - 08/12/08 07:58 PM
Originally Posted by wildhorses74

What a piece of work.

Fox

laugh

The show might've been more interesting if it was about a hot young blond who has all the money she'll ever need, and hooks up with a local up-and-coming politician in an attempt to acquire the power to match all that money.

Heck, the season finale could even end with her nearly reaching the White House.
Posted By: Dealan-de Re: "What Rielle Hunter Told Me" - 08/12/08 07:59 PM
OMGosh.

What a fruitloop.
Posted By: Krazy71 Re: "What Rielle Hunter Told Me" - 08/12/08 08:23 PM
I haven't seen a cheater yet that wasn't stupid, immature, or both.
Posted By: medc Re: "What Rielle Hunter Told Me" - 08/12/08 08:35 PM
Originally Posted by Krazy71
I haven't seen a cheater yet that wasn't stupid, immature, or both.

cool

Agreed.
Posted By: MelodyLane Re: "What Rielle Hunter Told Me" - 08/12/08 08:45 PM
listen, you old coots, she cannot help who she "lurves!" flirt
Posted By: Dealan-de Re: "What Rielle Hunter Told Me" - 08/12/08 09:14 PM
Who you callin' old?
Posted By: Dealan-de Re: "What Rielle Hunter Told Me" - 08/12/08 09:16 PM
And I've got her "lurve" right here...

Oh...

Wait...

Nope...

Sorry...

Stepped in bull poo...

(shrugs)

Same dif...
Posted By: Krazy71 Re: "What Rielle Hunter Told Me" - 08/12/08 09:22 PM
Her and Cindy McCain both look like Barbie Dolls that someone tossed into a microwave.
Posted By: MelodyLane Re: "What Rielle Hunter Told Me" - 08/12/08 09:26 PM
Originally Posted by Dealan-de

Oh...

Wait...

Nope...

Sorry...

Stepped in bull poo...

(shrugs)

Same dif...

Kimmy, ya never know, they could be SOUL-MATES!!! DUH!! sigh

Don't hurt yourself with all that tap dancin', Krazy grin
Posted By: Krazy71 Re: "What Rielle Hunter Told Me" - 08/12/08 09:34 PM
Originally Posted by MelodyLane

Edwards deserves whatever punishment he receives, which hopefully will be substantial, including "early retirement" and divorce.

I just want McCain to go through the same wringer. His relationship with his "wife" is no more admirable or appropriate than Edwards' relationship.

Both women (excuse me, OW) look like the Cryptkeeper in drag.
Posted By: MelodyLane Re: "What Rielle Hunter Told Me" - 08/12/08 09:37 PM
whistle whistle whistle
Posted By: iam Re: "What Rielle Hunter Told Me" - 08/12/08 09:48 PM
We all agree with you, but you're beating the Rep. vs. Dem thing to death. :RollieEyes:

This ain't TV and equal time, it's the story of the day.
Posted By: Krazy71 Re: "What Rielle Hunter Told Me" - 08/12/08 10:01 PM
Originally Posted by iam
We all agree with you, but you're beating the Rep. vs. Dem thing to death. :RollieEyes:

This ain't TV and equal time, it's the story of the day.

Noooo...

the people shouting for Edwards' head the loudest are....you guessed it....conservatives. It's not that he cheated, it's that he's a Democrat who cheated.

Since McCain conducts his affair in full view of everyone, every day, he should be scrutinized as well.

It's not my fault that the DNC has dropped the ball on this one.
Posted By: MelodyLane Re: "What Rielle Hunter Told Me" - 08/12/08 10:07 PM
Krazy is trying so hard to divert attention frm the Breck Girl that he is going to hurt himself! grin

If you want to talk about John McCain, go start a thread, this thread is about Edwards. Quit playing two wrongs make a right. :RollieEyes:
Posted By: MelodyLane Re: "What Rielle Hunter Told Me" - 08/12/08 10:09 PM
krazy, you get a little carried away with the political partisanship, my friend. This has nothing to do with politics. Just settle down, good grief. crazy
Posted By: 2long Re: "What Rielle Hunter Told Me" - 08/12/08 10:34 PM
A seminal book for her had been Eckhart Tolle's "The Power of Now."

I've read that book. Clearly, she was nuts before she opened it. Of course, anybody can get just about anything they want out of a book these days.

And astrology and past lives? Don't get me started! rotflmao

and:

The biggest 'problem' for the world at large is that I bet she (and millions like her) believes this 2 be well and good behavior. Some sort of past-life @$$holemates or some such nonsense.

Apparently, she didn't learn anything from her "experience" this go round, did she?

-ol' 2long
Posted By: graycloud Re: "What Rielle Hunter Told Me" - 08/13/08 07:32 AM
The person who posted the following:

krazy, you get a little carried away with the political partisanship, my friend. This has nothing to do with politics. Just settle down, good grief.

also posted the following:

Krazy is trying so hard to divert attention frm the Breck Girl that he is going to hurt himself!

Now if one searches for the origins of the "Breck Girl" slur, one finds it to be a typical, textbook wingnut smear of a Democrat as effeminate, unmanly, etc. The term is an invention of the Right. It was fed to a member of the so-called liberal media (specifically to a New York Times reporter) by an anonymous source from within the Bush administration sometime in 2003. That reporter (Adam Nagourney) repeated it, and the slur was then repeated in the media echo chambers of the Right until it became familiar. I don't know if Nagourney was the only person who repeated the slur originally. There is no way to know.

In any case, using the "Breck Girl" smear on Edwards is a partisan activity, ML, and you go ahead and say "settle down" and claim it's just fun and funny, but in reality it is a right-wing political tactic. You can't call Edwards the "Breck Girl" and claim your comments are not partisan. It's a lie.

I'm not defending Edwards. I don't care about him. He's a liar and a cheat.

But I think it's dishonest and annoying when a partisan waggles her finger at other people for being partisan. I call BS.

GC
Posted By: bigkahuna Re: "What Rielle Hunter Told Me" - 08/13/08 08:03 AM
The show might've been more interesting if it was about a hot young blond who has all the money she'll ever need, and hooks up with a local up-and-coming politician in an attempt to acquire the power to match all that money.

Heck, the season finale could even end with her nearly reaching the White House.

C'mon guys - THIS is hilarious and y'all missed it!!!
Posted By: Dealan-de Re: "What Rielle Hunter Told Me" - 08/13/08 12:44 PM
Originally Posted by Dealan-de

Oh...

Wait...

Nope...

Sorry...

Stepped in bull poo...

(shrugs)

Same dif...

Kimmy, ya never know, they could be SOUL-MATES!!! DUH!! sigh

Don't you mean STOLE MEATS?
Posted By: Marshmallow Re: "What Rielle Hunter Told Me" - 08/13/08 12:46 PM
What difference does it make where it came from?

It sure as heck fits!

It's not just those on the right who call him that either. I've heard friends from both sides of the isle refer to him as that.

And Maureen Dowd just referred to him as the Breck Girl the other day. You gonna call her a partisan right winger too?

This is silly.

Krazy has no idea whether anyone who has spoken out against the Edward's affair will vote for McCain this Nov.

He ASSUMES everyone is as partisan as he is. crazy
Posted By: MelodyLane Re: "What Rielle Hunter Told Me" - 08/13/08 12:56 PM
Originally Posted by graycloud
In any case, using the "Breck Girl" smear on Edwards is a partisan activity, ML, and you go ahead and say "settle down" and claim it's just fun and funny, but in reality it is a right-wing political tactic. You can't call Edwards the "Breck Girl" and claim your comments are not partisan. It's a lie.

oh no, another "vast right wing conspiracy!" HalliburtonHalliburtonHalliburton! Polly want a KarlRoveKarlRoveKarlRove!!! stickout

And last I checked BRECK was a shampoo, not a political party. grin
Posted By: thndrnltng Re: "What Rielle Hunter Told Me" - 08/13/08 12:58 PM
Go to youtube and enter "john edwards combing hair." When you watch the video, you should be able to see that calling him the "Breck (an old glamor shampoo, in case some of you are too young to remember it) Girl" COULD be claimed to be just truth-in-advertising. I'm waiting to see one of the anti-McCain, studiously-neutral, "non-partisans" on this site come up with an identical, or even similar, incident with John McCain!! rotflmao

Posted By: MelodyLane Re: "What Rielle Hunter Told Me" - 08/13/08 01:12 PM
You can't call Edwards the "Breck Girl" and claim your comments are not partisan. It's a lie.

shhhhhh, don't tell anyone but NY Times has joined the Vast Right Wing Conspiracy, it will drive them Krazy grin:

Keeping It Rielle
By MAUREEN DOWD
August 9, 2008 NYT

John Edwards’s confession was a little bit breathtaking.

Not the sex stuff. That happens here all the time.

And certainly not covering up the sex stuff. That happens here all the time, too. First people uncover; then they cover up.

Nobody’s ever had sex with that woman until, suddenly, they have.

The stunning admission Edwards made to ABC’s Bob Woodruff, and in a written statement from Chapel Hill on Friday afternoon, was that he’s a narcissist.

He admitted that wallowing in “self-focus” out on the trail and thinking you’re “special” can result in a solipsism that “leads you to believe you can do whatever you want, you’re invincible and there’ll be no consequences.”

Auto-psychoanalysis by the perp. That’s really rich. When Bill Clinton acknowledged an affair, after equally adamant denials, he simply went into an old-fashioned spiral of penitence, his allegedly long, dark night of his alleged soul.

Even in confessing to preening, Edwards was preening. His diagnosis of narcissism was weirdly narcissistic, or was it self-narcissistic? Given his diagnosis, I’m sure his H.M.O. would pay.

The creepiest part of his creepy confession was when he stressed to Woodruff that he cheated on Elizabeth in 2006 when her cancer was in remission. His infidelity was oncologically correct.

So narcissist walks into a New York bar and meets a legendarily wacky former Gotham party girl — whose ’80s exploits were chronicled in a novel by her former boyfriend Jay McInerney because the behavior of her and her friends “intrigued and appalled me.” When you appall Jay McInerney, you know you’re in trouble.

The president manqué gives Rielle Hunter, formerly Lisa Druck, more than $114,000 to shoot vain little videos for his Web site (even though she’s a neophyte), one of which is scored with the song “True Reflections” about the Narcissus pool, which goes: “When you look into a mirror, do you like what’s looking at you? Now that you’ve seen your true reflections, what on earth are you gonna do?”

He has an affair with Hunter, while he’s honing his speech on the imperative to “live in a moral, honest, just America.” A married former aide says he’s the father when she gets pregnant, even though she’s telling people Edwards is the dad. And one of his campaign donors pays off Hunter to get her resettled with the baby out of North Carolina.

But the Breck Girl wants a gold star for the fact that he sent his marriage into remission when his wife was in remission. That’s special.

In his statement, he bleats: “You cannot beat me up more than I have already beaten up myself. I have been stripped bare.” Isn’t stripping bare how he got into this mess?

continued at: click
Posted By: thndrnltng Re: "What Rielle Hunter Told Me" - 08/13/08 01:13 PM
And ML, did the appellation "Breck Girl" really come from Maureen Dowd, that well-known wingnut columnist of the lunatic right fringe rag, the New York Times? When did Karl Rove replace ol' Pinch as editor? What with turning Maureen Dowd into a certified member of the lunatic conservative right, and manufacturing lying hits on innocent Democrats like JE, how DOES that man ever get any free time?

Posted By: MelodyLane Re: "What Rielle Hunter Told Me" - 08/13/08 01:17 PM
thass right, t&l, it could be a KarlRoveHalliburtonRWVC dirty twick... :MrEEk:
Posted By: Krazy71 Re: "What Rielle Hunter Told Me" - 08/13/08 01:30 PM
I've said repeatedly that Edwards deserves whatever punishment he receives, including political exile and divorce.

If you're going to be partisan, at least have the guts to admit it.
Posted By: princessmeggy Re: "What Rielle Hunter Told Me" - 08/13/08 01:32 PM
And here's the YouTube video to prove Edwards... Rielle is the "Breck Girl".

Edwards as the Breck Girl
Posted By: graycloud Re: "What Rielle Hunter Told Me" - 08/13/08 01:35 PM
People who have no argument say "who cares" or resort to mockery. If you're losing the debate, then you dumb it down. Classic.

And Maureen Dowd just referred to him as the Breck Girl the other day. You gonna call her a partisan right winger too?

Dowd's archives are overflowing with references to Democratic candidates as insufficiently manly (or, if female, insufficiently feminine). Dowd once described Al Gore as "lactating". I think she's referred to Obama as "Obambi" and called him a "starlet".

You don't have to be a right winger to repeat their talking points or feed their narratives. Just ask Cokie Roberts.

oh no, another "vast right wing conspiracy!" HalliburtonHalliburtonHalliburton! Polly want a KarlRoveKarlRoveKarlRove!!!

That hurts, ML. I'm insulted. Good argument though. Like fighting by flailing your arms.

This Hunter person sounds like a mental patient.

I reckon this thread is going to the ghetto shortly.

GC
Posted By: MelodyLane Re: "What Rielle Hunter Told Me" - 08/13/08 01:43 PM
Sorry, graycloud, but it is hiliarious to see all the tap dancing going on on this thread in an attempt to change the subject and shut people up. It deserves nothing more than mockery. There really is no "debate" just alot of liberal tap dancing. And its very funny! laugh
Posted By: medc Re: "What Rielle Hunter Told Me" - 08/13/08 01:44 PM
I reckon this thread is going to the ghetto shortly.

why have you now thrown an abvious racial slur into this?
Posted By: Krazy71 Re: "What Rielle Hunter Told Me" - 08/13/08 01:52 PM
Like fighting by flailing your arms.

It's more like a 3-year-old putting her hands over her ears and yelling, "La la la!" to block out something they don't want to hear.
Posted By: graycloud Re: "What Rielle Hunter Told Me" - 08/13/08 02:15 PM
There really is no "debate" just alot of liberal tap dancing.

On changing the subject I plead innocence. I just called foul in somebody else's fight.

Whenever partisans see one of their guys getting attacked they think the other guys don't get equal treatment.

I admit it, despite having little interest in defending Edwards, one of my first thoughts when I saw the Edwards story was imagining how members of the media who run interference for Saint McCain (with sprinkles!) might feel a slight pang of worry over McCain's own sexual history and whether they would have to acknowledge it. I'm sure they won't.

How can they go there? Heck, Newsweek has a column called "On Faith" co-authored by a woman (a Village elder and social queen bee called Sally Quinn) who walks before her own wake of marital wreckage.

And it wouldn't actually be fair, right? I mean, Edwards isn't even a candidate for anything, anymore. He's just a rich former Senator who was insane to think he could run for President.

Personally, why would I defend him? It's the opposite. He would have taken my party down with him if he'd gotten the nomination.

GC
Posted By: MelodyLane Re: "What Rielle Hunter Told Me" - 08/13/08 02:24 PM
Whenever partisans see one of their guys getting attacked they think the other guys don't get equal treatment.GC

Yep, that is what I see too, hence all the tap dancing. It is like the 5 year old who gets caught stealing cookies and instead of taking the blame, points to EVERYONE ELSE as if that is a justification. Sort of like you just did here with your interjection of McCain. wink

Unfortunately, that doesn't work for most 5 year olds and I don't see much success with that tactic here. Two wrongs still don't make a right. laugh
Posted By: Krazy71 Re: "What Rielle Hunter Told Me" - 08/13/08 02:28 PM
Unfortunately, that doesn't work for most 5 year olds and I don't see much success with that tactic here. Two wrongs don't still don't make a right. laugh

I doubt you even see it as two wrongs.
Posted By: MelodyLane Re: "What Rielle Hunter Told Me" - 08/13/08 02:30 PM

I rest my case! lol grin
Posted By: Krazy71 Re: "What Rielle Hunter Told Me" - 08/13/08 02:35 PM

I rest my case! lol grin

And I rest mine.

It's about time to get your daily feeding from Rush!

[/sheep]baaaaa! baaaaa![sheep]
Posted By: thndrnltng Re: "What Rielle Hunter Told Me" - 08/13/08 02:44 PM

Maybe Rush should take audience-building lessons from Al Franken, who had a grand total of ONE person attend a recent campaign rally. :RollieEyes:
Posted By: MelodyLane Re: "What Rielle Hunter Told Me" - 08/13/08 02:47 PM
Originally Posted by thndrnltng
Maybe Rush should take audience-building lessons from Al Franken, who had a grand total of ONE person attend a recent campaign rally. :RollieEyes:

Krazy, was dat you, buddy? grin
Posted By: Krazy71 Re: "What Rielle Hunter Told Me" - 08/13/08 02:52 PM

No, I think Rush is a master of audience-building.

Simply target the lowest common denominator...the god, guns, nascar, and country music crowd, and "wow" them with his mediocre intelligence.

Then laugh at them off-air while you devour little blue pills like Pac-man with a tapeworm.

Genius.
Posted By: thndrnltng Re: "What Rielle Hunter Told Me" - 08/13/08 02:57 PM
So Al Franken got the one-person audience because he's too smart, and aiming for the highest common denominator? I have been elucidated and clarified.
Posted By: Krazy71 Re: "What Rielle Hunter Told Me" - 08/13/08 03:23 PM
I don't keep up with the goings-on of Al Franken.
Posted By: graycloud Re: "What Rielle Hunter Told Me" - 08/13/08 03:23 PM
country music crowd

Hey, quit it. I'm a liberal Democrat and I love country music.

Although the "overproduced truck commercial pablum" that currently passes for it on most FM country stations is not my thing.

As for Franken, he's an excellent person and I wish he were doing better, since Coleman is more rubber stamp than Senator, but it's beyond a stretch to call the disappointing St. Cloud event (the one the wingnuts are having so much fun with) a "rally".

When Coleman was St. Paul mayor he and I were neighbors. I never met him but we crossed paths now and then. I won't repeat the gossip my barber used to pass along about him.
Posted By: thndrnltng Re: "What Rielle Hunter Told Me" - 08/13/08 03:26 PM
but it's beyond a stretch to call the disappointing St. Cloud event (the one the wingnuts are having so much fun with) a "rally"

I wouldn't call it a "rally" either. So we agree.
Posted By: graycloud Re: "What Rielle Hunter Told Me" - 08/13/08 03:33 PM
I wouldn't call it a "rally" either. So we agree.

Haw haw. It was meant to be a small event. It was in a cafe.

Though I'm sure if the place had been unexpectedly mobbed they'd have been happy seeing that reported, so fair play.
Posted By: thndrnltng Re: "What Rielle Hunter Told Me" - 08/13/08 03:48 PM
It was meant to be a small event.

And it WAS! grin How often in life do we get what we want? I haven't been much lately. I'm going to have to take lessons from someone who's a success at it. How much does it cost to move from California to Minnesota?
Posted By: Aphelion Re: "What Rielle Hunter Told Me" - 08/13/08 06:15 PM
And it WAS! grin How often in life do we get what we want? I haven't been much lately. I'm going to have to take lessons from someone who's a success at it. How much does it cost to move from California to Minnesota?
Speaking of small events, if you are going to move to MN you need to check this out:

Sticky Finger Food

Ready for the alarming array of foods on a stick at the Minnesota State Fair next week (Aug. 21 through Labor Day)?

One blogger’s list from last year:

1. Alligator sausage on-a-stick
2. Bacon-wrapped turkey tenderloin on-a-stick
3. Beef kabobs on-a-stick
4. Beer-battered brats on-a-stick
5. Bomb pops on-a-stick
6. Butterscotch cake on-a-stick
Frozen Key lime Pie dipped in white chocolate on a stick
7. Candy apples on-a-stick
8. Candy bars (deep fried) on-a-stick
9. Caramel apples on-a-stick
10. Cheese on-a-stick
11. Chicken on-a-stick
12. Chocolate chip cookies on-a-stick
13. Chocolate-covered bananas on-a-stick
14. Chocolate-covered cheese cake on-a-stick
15. Chocolate-dipped nut roll on-a-stick
16. Coffee (frozen) on-a-stick
17. Corndogs on-a-stick
18. Corned beef and cabbage on-a-stick
19. Cotton candy on-a-stick
20. Dessert dumplings on-a-stick
21. Espresso (frozen) on-a-stick
22. Fried fruit on-a-stick
23. Fried jalapeño pepper cheese on-a-stick
24. Fried swiss cheese on-a-stick
25. Fudge puppies on-a-stick
26. Hot dish on-a-stick
27. Hot dogs on-a-stick
28. Key Lime pie dipped in chocolate (frozen) on-a-stick
29. Kiddi Kabobs on-a-stick
30. Macaroni and cheese on-a-stick
31. Marshmallows (chocolate-dipped) on-a-stick
32. Meatballs on-a-stick
33. MinneKabobs on-a-stick
34. Pickles on-a-stick
35. Pickles (deep fried) on-a-stick
36. Pickles (Kool-Aid) on-a-stick
37. Pizza on-a-stick
38. Poncho Dogs on-a-stick
39. Pork chops on-a-stick
40. Pronto pups on-a-stick
41. Reuben dog on-a-stick
42. Salmon on-a-stick
43. Sausage on-a-stick
44. Scallops on-a-stick
45. Scones on-a-stick
46. Scotch eggs on-a-stick
47. Shrimp on-a-stick
48. Sloppy Joes on-a-stick
49. S’mores on-a-stick
50. Spaghetti and meatballs on-a-stick
51. Spudsters on-a-stick
52. Super dog on-a-stick
53. Taffy pops on-a-stick
54. Vegetable kabobs on-a-stick
55. Wild rice corndog on-a-stick
56. Walleye on-a-stick

Original here ...

I bet one can find democrat or republican on a shtick too.
Posted By: medc Re: "What Rielle Hunter Told Me" - 08/14/08 01:06 AM
On CBS's "Early Show" yesterday, co-host Maggie Rodriguez interviewed alleged Hunter "friend" Pigeon O'Brien. Given the obvious - you never tell secrets to someone named Pigeon - O'Brien took her 15 minutes of fame and ran with it.

According to O'Brien, Edwards and Hunter met at a bar, he lied about the time line of the affair, the baby was his because Rielle loved him and wouldn't have a baby with someone she didn't love (not exactly faultless logic), and Hunter is one step away from sainthood.

"She's a beautiful, beautiful, beautiful person in a very ugly position, and I really feel for her," O'Brien said. "I think that - I really have never known someone so insistent upon integrity and honesty and openness."

Never? Who are your friends?

Rodriguez: "But someone who has an affair with a married man you say has integrity and honesty?"

O'Brien: "I think she thought that he had quite a bit of integrity, and I think that that appealed to her about him. Sometimes we make mistakes, sometimes we pick people to fall in love with that maybe aren't the greatest choice at the time. I can't judge her in that, I can't fault her in that. . . ."

Hey, we'll fault her. He was a married man with a sick wife, and he was running for president. Unless it's your goal to become a home-wrecker or blackmailer, how can that relationship possibly work out well?

Rodriguez: "So for her this was about love . . . ?"

O'Brien: "Yes, very much so."

Rodriguez: " . . . not sex?"

O'Brien: "No! No, no, no, no, no! No, no!"

That's eight No's for those of you playing at home. Perhaps if Hunter or Edwards would have said "No" . . .

Some other highlights:

O'Brien described Hunter as "a very keenly intellectually engaged woman. She's very insistent upon rigorous dialogue . . ."

Edwards, in fact, enjoyed their rigorous dialogue: "Yes! Yes, yes, yes, yes, yes! Yes! Yes!"

O'Brien said that Hunter "digs very deeply," and that she and Edwards "connected very deeply."

Sometimes Tattle writes itself.

As for when O'Brien and Hunter fell out as friends, O'Brien said: "We lost touch in about May or June of '06, right before she began work on the webisodes. I think she was gearing up to really engage in the big piece of work that she was doing for him, so her head was in a different space . . ."

It took awhile, but now we know where her head was and what her big piece of work was.

From the Philadelphia Inquireer...and EXCEPTIONALLY liberal newspaper.
Posted By: keepitreal Re: "What Rielle Hunter Told Me" - 08/14/08 01:17 AM
Well all I can say, is the mods didn't give us the little PUKE guy a moment too soon! puke What utter rubbish! I think the years of cocaine abuse obviously screwed up Rielle and Pigeon equally.
Posted By: pasall Re: "What Rielle Hunter Told Me" - 04/08/11 08:16 AM
Originally Posted by Resilient
Quoting the article about Rielle:
She said, as an actress and as a spiritual adviser. She was fiercely devoted to astrology and New Age spirituality. She'd been a New York party girl, she'd been married and divorced, she'd been a seeker and a teacher and was a firm believer in the power of truth

Please excuse me while I go hurl a chunk of hypocrital mas. puke

That's seems to be promising.
© Marriage Builders® Forums