Marriage Builders
Posted By: NMDreams Now that Ted Stevens has been convicted - 10/28/08 04:33 PM
Does anyone have any opinions on whether he will be reelected?

Originally Posted by NMDreams
Does anyone have any opinions on whether he will be reelected?
rotflmao

Posted By: NMDreams Re: Now that Ted Stevens has been convicted - 10/28/08 04:51 PM
I take it that's a "no".

Matthew Lyon of Vermont was re-elected to Congress in 1798 while serving time for sedition after criticizing President John Adams. James Michael Curley was elected to the Boston Board of Alderman in 1904 while serving time for fraud. He later became mayor of the city. It's not entirely impossible that Stevens could be reelected.
Posted By: medc Re: Now that Ted Stevens has been convicted - 10/28/08 04:53 PM
It's not entirely impossible that Stevens could be reelected.

Very true...but let's hope not.

Marion Barry anyone???
Posted By: AGoodGuy Re: Now that Ted Stevens has been convicted - 10/28/08 05:03 PM
He was already in a nailbiter of a race, and I don't know if this will be the final straw or not. I do believe that if he were leading strongly before this, he would have maintained most of his lead.

AGG
Posted By: NMDreams Re: Now that Ted Stevens has been convicted - 10/28/08 05:22 PM
As to the nailbiter of an election, I read somewhere (Politico?) that Stevens was gaining slightly before the verdict.

Keep in mind that if Democrat Mark Begich wins this race, it will put the Democrats that much closer to a filibuster proof Senate. Okay, it will if you can imagine 60 Democrats agreeing on anything, which would probably be one more sign that the Apocalypse is at hand. Still, I can imagine some Republicans in Alaska voting for Stevens with the idea that Stevens would then either resign, be recalled, or be expelled from the Senate (which would take 75 Senate votes, but could happen) and they could get a shot at voting for another Republican in a special election.
Interesting that two weeks before Colin Powell endorsed Obama, he vouched for the character of Ted Stevens.

Colin Powell: Stevens reputation 'sterling'

Posted By: smidgen Re: Now that Ted Stevens has been convicted - 10/28/08 11:51 PM
Sen. McCain and Gov. Palin are calling for him to drop out

link
Now that Ted Stevens is a convicted felon he can't vote for himself! (totally cool! cool) but if he gets elected, his votes are supposed to represent his constituency.. go firgure (not one bit totally cool crazy).

Go a step further and say he gets elected then has to step down(to go to the pokey). It will be up to the Governor of Alaska to decide who will take his place until a special election can be put together. She could appoint herself!!!

YIKES!!!!!

Scary thoughts this close to Halloween
sick

Evidently Stevens did a good job of hiding his criminal activities. Probably much like Palin has done cuz if you believe that Todd Palin and his buddies built that 3,450 sq ft house without special "favors" your crazy.

Did Sports Complex Contractors Build Palin's House for Free?

I sure do find it strange that none of Todd Palin's buddies have come foward to say they helped work on the house. Hmmmmmm????

Want2Stay

Posted By: Dufresne Re: Now that Ted Stevens has been convicted - 10/29/08 09:34 AM
Off Topic. Thanks for Playin'
© Marriage BuildersĀ® Forums