****edit****
Posted By: NMDreams Re: Hip Hop Voting - 11/03/08 02:39 PM
Originally Posted by protecttheunborn
Originally Posted by mimi_here
And what is YOUR POINT?

****edit****

Who said that?
Posted By: medc Re: Hip Hop Voting - 11/03/08 02:40 PM
it has been said NUMEROUS times by that poster.
Posted By: NMDreams Re: Hip Hop Voting - 11/03/08 02:42 PM
it has been said NUMEROUS times by that poster.

****edit****
Posted By: medc Re: Hip Hop Voting - 11/03/08 02:46 PM
****edit****

ENOUGH!!
Posted By: NMDreams Re: Hip Hop Voting - 11/03/08 02:56 PM
****edit****
Posted By: medc Re: Hip Hop Voting - 11/03/08 03:00 PM
****edit****
Posted By: NMDreams Re: Hip Hop Voting - 11/03/08 03:07 PM
****edit****

So in other words, the answer to my question is that nobody said it.
Posted By: JustUss Re: Hip Hop Voting - 11/03/08 03:13 PM
STOPPPPPPPPPPPPP!!!!!!
Posted By: JoJo422 Re: Hip Hop Voting - 11/03/08 03:33 PM
Originally Posted by NMDreams
****edit****

So in other words, the answer to my question is that nobody said it. [/quote]

Come on guys....cut the crap before you get this locked down grumble
Posted By: JoJo422 Re: Hip Hop Voting - 11/03/08 03:37 PM
I think the point was, and it's been hinted at by numerous posters, numberous times, that if you don't support Obama or have anything to say against him, then you must be racist.

I know that I have been accused of being a racist because I DO NOT SUPPORT OBAMA.

And that is far from the TRUTH.
Posted By: NMDreams Re: Hip Hop Voting - 11/03/08 03:50 PM
****edit****

Please contact the mods if you have questions about an edit.
Posted By: ForeverHers Re: Hip Hop Voting - 11/03/08 03:58 PM
And what is YOUR POINT?

Mimi, I thought my "point" was both obvious and stated...an interesting viewpoint.

With 90+% of Blacks voting for Obama, it seemed appropriate to hear from one of the 10-% who actually DID deal with the ISSUES and RACE was not an issue.

So are you trying to imply something more?

If not, what, as an Obama supporter, would you say in rebuttal to the young man's points?

Posted By: ForeverHers Re: Hip Hop Voting - 11/03/08 04:03 PM
****edit****

Enough!

Why don't we let Mimi respond to my response to her question to me?

I have no interest in whether or not anyone considers me a racist or a saint. This is about the election and the VIEWS of the candidates and political parties.

Just as I don't care what anyone thinks about me because I think the Abortion issue transcends race and politics and is WRONG according to God's Standards concering life.

So let's keep on "point" as Mimi was suggesting, eh?

Posted By: JoJo422 Re: Hip Hop Voting - 11/03/08 04:22 PM
I liked this guy....thought he had some very valid points.
Posted By: mimi_here Re: Hip Hop Voting - 11/03/08 08:16 PM
I think the point was, and it's been hinted at by numerous posters, numberous times, that if you don't support Obama or have anything to say against him, then you must be racist.

I don't think ALL of those that do not support Obama are racists!! I never said this to you, JoJo.

Posted By: mimi_here Re: Hip Hop Voting - 11/03/08 08:19 PM
Obama will not win just on the basis of the support of most African-Americans.

Actually, I didn't listen to the clip.

I admit to being judgmental.

I found his looks to be objectionable and knew right away that I wouldn't listen to anything that he had to say.
Posted By: princessmeggy Re: Hip Hop Voting - 11/03/08 08:33 PM
Thank you FH. I loved this video, although it's not my style I KNOW that my daughter and her friends will relate to it. I can't wait to show it to her. Thanks again.
Posted By: Pepperband Re: Hip Hop Voting - 11/03/08 09:18 PM
I found his looks to be objectionable and knew right away that I wouldn't listen to anything that he had to say.

Actually - I've communicated with him briefly.
He's a devout Christian man.
Posted By: ForeverHers Re: Hip Hop Voting - 11/04/08 12:57 AM
Obama will not win just on the basis of the support of most African-Americans.

Actually, I didn't listen to the clip.

I admit to being judgmental.

That's an interesting observation, Mimi.

What, exactly did you find "objectionable" about "his looks" that caused you to not hear what he had to say?

Understand, you CAN be "judgmental," as we are all to some point, but I really am curious as to why you dismissed this young man without hearing anything he had to say?

That doesn't seem so much "judgmental" as it does perhaps an uwillingness to potentially hear any arguments for a position you might not agree with.

I understand, though, as I do much the same with some folks like Chris Matthews (Mr. "tingle up my leg") and Susan Saranden and the bloated Michael Moore and Al Franken. But I HAVE heard them and formed that judgment after hearing them a few times.

Posted By: ForeverHers Re: Hip Hop Voting - 11/04/08 01:01 AM

I don't think ALL of those that do not support Obama are racists!! I never said this to you, JoJo.

Just out of curiousity, then Mimi, if not ALL, is it fair to assume "most?"

Posted By: mimi_here Re: Hip Hop Voting - 11/04/08 01:17 AM
Nope..not even MOST..

NOT a FAIR ASSUMPTION AT ALL...

That is not MY BELIEF..never has been...

I am NOT a simplistic thinker...

I don't think you're going to GET ME, FH...

It's like we speak two different languages although I post to you in English and we live in the same world..come from the same generation..probably live in the same part of the country...

We've been through this before and I don't think our differences can be resolved..

My thinking about these matters is way too complicated and multifaceted...and a far cry from your presumptions...

Posted By: mimi_here Re: Hip Hop Voting - 11/04/08 01:31 AM
FH:

In fact, to ME, it would be RIDICULOUS to think that MOST people who don't vote for Obama are RACIST.

Do you think that BLACK people who vote for Obama ARE racist? AND/OR BLACK people who DON'T VOTE for McCAIN are racist?

You might(?) since you think MOST BLACK PEOPLE are RACIST.

Do you still feel that way?????

BTW..I didn't know that fellow disagrees with my point of view. I told you I didn't listen to it. I don't like for young black men to dress or come across in that manner. Those are my own personal standards which I could... but don't have to explain.

I'm for FABULOSITY..for both males and females...black or white or red or green or whatever...
Posted By: ForeverHers Re: Hip Hop Voting - 11/04/08 01:21 PM
Nope..not even MOST..

NOT a FAIR ASSUMPTION AT ALL...

That is not MY BELIEF..never has been...

I am NOT a simplistic thinker...

Ahhh…and by implication (or contrast with you), I "must be" a "simplistic thinker," right?

Seems to be a bit of another "judgment" on your part, doesn't it?

Mimi, you SAID "not ALL," emphasizing the "ALL." Anytime anyone does that they ARE saying that "almost everyone, but NOT ALL persons," IS what they they are associating their argument with. In this case you associated NOT voting for and supporting Barack Obama as BEING a "racist position," because "NOT ALL" of the supporters ARE, must be some number that falls "a little short of ALL."

And as we'll see later, THAT is precisely the "reasoning" you have used, and apparently still do use, to "judge" ME a racist by YOUR opinion.

I don't think you're going to GET ME, FH...

It's like we speak two different languages although I post to you in English and we live in the same world..come from the same generation..probably live in the same part of the country...

Yes, it is possible that we "speak two different languages." I am "second generation" American. I and my family had NO part in any slavery or "racism" that are a part of American history. You, on the other hand, may have such connections in your family history.

My "history" with racism began in College. That's the first place I ever ran into it. The private college I went to did NOT allow any fraternities or sororities on campus, but they DID allow the "Black Students Association," with admission restricted to ONLY Black students. I, and many other "white" students had a Black friend who was "not racist" in that race was not an issue, the character of the person was. Before the school year was out, other Black students made his life miserable and "forced" him to leave school because he had "too many white friends" and didn't "keep with his own kind."

Now, if THAT was NOT racism, what would YOU call it?

NOW you want me to believe that over 90% of Blacks voting for Obama is "Not Racist" is that the "color of his skin" is NOT the "motivating factor" in their voting?

I'm sorry Mimi, but I "see" that in the light of my "experience" from college. The "majority" didn't like "one of their own" having white friends. HE didn't see color, he say friends and similar value systems.

SOME of those voting for Obama ARE doing so because they share his "value system," but if you want me to believe that 90% of ANY group is voting because of a shared value system and NOT because Obama is a "Black candidate," then you must be, as you say, "speaking a different language."

We've been through this before and I don't think our differences can be resolved..

My thinking about these matters is way too complicated and multifaceted...and a far cry from your presumptions...

Here we go again with how much more "complex" your thinking is and how much more "simplistic" my thinking is.

And, in fact, my thinking is rather "simplistic" with respect to which candidate should be supported based upon THE defining issue of the sanctity of life. You see, I am a Christian and I do believe that God, not us, is the "giver and taker" of life. There is no way that I would give my support (vote) for someone who is a proven and ardent supporter of "Abortion on Demand" for any reason that any woman may want to choose.

That "for any reason" is precisely the same sort of thing that Jesus addressed with the Pharisees regarding divorce. At the time of Jesus, the "law" of the Israelites was that a man could divorce his wife "for any reason" that he wanted to. All he had to do was to give her a certificate of divorce and he was "free of her," despite his previous CHOICE to engage in marriage. That is precisely what is happening with MOST abortion today, and it is just as much an "abomination" and in opposition to God's Will as it was with divorce in Jesus' day. PEOPLE want to think it's "okay" in order to do whatever they want to do, NOT because God gave His "blessing" on NOT following Him and His Will in the matter.

FH:

In fact, to ME, it would be RIDICULOUS to think that MOST people who don't vote for Obama are RACIST.

Do you think that BLACK people who vote for Obama ARE racist? AND/OR BLACK people who DON'T VOTE for McCAIN are racist?

You might(?) since you think MOST BLACK PEOPLE are RACIST.

Do you still feel that way?????

When it comes to voting for Obama, Mimi, you'd have to be a "dreamer" to think that 90+% of the Black population is voting for him based on anything "more important" than the fact that he is Black. Undoubtedly there are a lot of voters, Black and White, Red and Yellow, and of any "ethnic group," who will vote for Obama because they are also very liberal, but it's NOT 90+% of any of those other "groups." To vote FOR someone based solely on the "color of their skin" IS Racist, Mimi. You can choose to "not think so" if it makes you feel good, but that is the plain fact. 90+% IS "most," by virtually anyone's definition of "not ALL."

"I want 90+% of all your money" IS MOST of your money as just one analogous example.

IF 90+% of White voters were voting for McCain simply because he IS White, then I'm sure you would think that they were being "Racist," or at least that "most" were, in their voting, and you'd probably be right.

BTW..I didn't know that fellow disagrees with my point of view. I told you I didn't listen to it. I don't like for young black men to dress or come across in that manner. Those are my own personal standards which I could... but don't have to explain.

I'm for FABULOSITY..for both males and females...black or white or red or green or whatever...

No, you don't have to "explain" anything, Mimi. You CAN simply choose to discriminate and be judgmental. That IS your right if you so choose.

However, from a "Christian" standpoint, we are told by God to NOT "look down upon someone" simply because of how they "dress."

But please, if you ARE going to use an "explanation" such as "Fabulosity," a term you may be familiar with but that others may not know or understand the way you do or as you use the term, PLEASE include a definition of what "Fabulosity" means to YOU so we will have an understanding of what you mean and how you apply that term to your judgment of who is worthy of you listening to, even if you might not agree with what they have to say.

Posted By: medc Re: Hip Hop Voting - 11/04/08 01:42 PM
FH, don't forget BET (Black Entertainment Television), Black Movie Awards, NAACP Awards, etc, etc.

I don't like for young black men to dress or come across in that manner.

Only blacks???

oh...okay.

Polling places in inner city Philadelphia are VERY busy this morning. For a part of town that doesn't start hopping till around 11am this is pretty impressive. It's not often that people get to vote for their handouts.
Posted By: mimi_here Re: Hip Hop Voting - 11/04/08 02:21 PM
I'm not going to try anymore with you, FH.

Like I said, you just don't GET me...

You are blessed that your "history" with racism began in college. I mean that with all sincerity whether you choose to believe it or not.

I WILL tell you this about me before we part...

My VERY, VERY BEST FRIEND... since age 15...which for me is almost 40 YEARS.. closer to me than my own blood sister is WHITE..we talk intimately about RACE..she is WHITE to me and I am BLACK to her...We LOVE, LOVE, LOVE each other for who we are..all parts of ourselves...she grew up and lives in Montgomery, Alabama..

MY GREATEST ENEMY is also WHITE..my H's (former)OW is WHITE..but I still came HERE and sought help, not considering for once at all, the COLOR of the posters on this forum..I've never even brought it up until now about the race of the OW...

I strive to the depths of my soul...NOT TO BE A RACIST...

I ABHOR RACISM...

Have a great life!
Posted By: MrWondering Re: Hip Hop Voting - 11/04/08 02:22 PM
Obama is half black and half white.

Maybe the blacks are voting for the white part. grin

Really though...

I think the difference comes down to motivations.

Consider the definition of "racism"

rac·ism –noun
1. a belief or doctrine that inherent differences among the various human races determine cultural or individual achievement, usually involving the idea that one's own race is superior and has the right to rule others.
2. a policy, system of government, etc., based upon or fostering such a doctrine; discrimination.
3. hatred or intolerance of another race or other races.

Voting FOR someone you identify with (and it's the FIRST time you've been even been given that option) is not truly racism.

Blacks aren't voting for Obama in overwhelming numbers because they think a black man is SUPERIOR to a white man. They don't think that because Obama is black he'll be able to do a better job than a white man. There is no superiority or intolerance.

Whereas, voting AGAINST someone based upon the color of his skin is racism.

IMO, black America is voting FOR Obama much moreso than against McCain.

The Catholics supported JFK, the first Catholic President, in overwhelming numbers. There is always going to be bump when the 1st time happens. Later, when Kerry ran as the second Catholic Candidate...not so much.

Republicans had ever opportunity to be the first to nominate a black candidate for president or vice president and try to benefit from this bump. Sounds more like sour grapes to me.

Mr. Wondering

p.s.- I also don't think you are a racist. However, I do see a motivation to WIN this election and that Republican talking points include intentionally and harmfully pointing out time and time again that "90% of blacks are voting for Obama" in hopes of instilling FEAR in the white population. To promote an "us versus them" mentality in order to acquire and motivate an offsetting and actually racist vote. IMO, due to demographics there are FAR more white (and other) racists that will vote AGAINST Obama than blacks voting FOR him. The 90% black vote will merely trim away much of such racist vote. In the end, the white population will, in fact, actually decide this election and it's looking strongly like an Obama victory. Fear isn't working this time. The country has had enough.

Posted By: mimi_here Re: Hip Hop Voting - 11/04/08 02:26 PM
The white population will, in fact, actually decide this election

Exactly..I have not understood this focus on the "BLACK" vote.
Posted By: ForeverHers Re: Hip Hop Voting - 11/04/08 02:36 PM
I'm not going to try anymore with you, FH.

Like I said, you just don't GET me...

Have a great life!

I hope you have a great life too.

And here's the thing, Mimi, I DO "get you."

Your statements and judgments have made it clear.

But as with many Wayward Spouses, they also don't "see" what others "get" about their choices. And then you get things like "God must have wanted me to have an affair, or this opinion, because He 'allowed' me to make my own choices despite what He had already said WAS His position regarding what I had before me to CHOOSE," you the same sort of reaction that you are saying here, "Like I said, you just don't GET me..."

I get you, Mimi, despite your unwillingness or inability to see that.

"Choose ye this day whom you will serve, but as for me and my house, we will serve the Lord."

Choices are always before us, Mimi.

And that is precisely what that young man in the video was addressing too.

YOU think I'm a racist. Fortunately, I don't depend upon your opinion for who I am, "Fabulosity" notwithstanding.

I've also listened to the Rev. Wright, and I have a pretty good idea of just what the "message" in Black Liberation Theology IS, and it IS racist and exclusive of all but Black and everyone not "Black" IS, by their definition, racist. They can't, or don't want to, see that THEY are being exclusionist and racist toward anyone NOT Black or who IS White but NOT willing to call anyone "White" a racist(like the shining example of Priesthood, Father Flager).

Posted By: mimi_here Re: Hip Hop Voting - 11/04/08 02:40 PM
Read the edit to my post.

Let it be said that I do not embrace BLACK LIBERATION THEOLOGY.

Never will..never have...
Posted By: MrsWondering Re: Hip Hop Voting - 11/04/08 02:40 PM
Originally Posted by PTU/MEDC
FH, don't forget BET (Black Entertainment Television), Black Movie Awards, NAACP Awards, etc, etc.

Oh good grief! Surely you aren't implying that this is racism??? faint Just because the "other" stations or award shows weren't called "white" doesn't mean that isn't what they have been for YEARS and YEARS...There was no need to call a station "White Entertainment Television" or an award show "White Movie Awards" etc...They already WERE that...Whites have been the dominant race in this country forever...

This stuff is making my stomach churn... sick

Mrs. W
Posted By: MrWondering Re: Hip Hop Voting - 11/04/08 02:41 PM
The white population will, in fact, actually decide this election

Mimi...it has little to do with you. It is an attempt to use fear to motivate others to their side. If Republicans can tap into the underlying racists fears of the constituency, they can garner votes for their candidate of choice. They aren't trying to persuade your vote or the black population vote on why they should vote for McCain. The black vote is a lost cause this election cycle...so they attempt to use the "90% black vote argument" as an example of reverse racism in order to motivate the white vote AGAINST the black vote.

If they had even a moderately inspiring candidate it mighta worked too. The problem they are facing is that in combination with the message "vote against the black man" you have to have a message of why to "vote for the white man" so the moderate racist voter won't feel guilty. They've been unable to deliver that message. McCain is anything but inspiring.

I don't have to tell you that racism is still alive and prevalent in this country. I wonder how your treatment would have been different here had you maintained your racial aninimity (I didn't know you were black for about 2 years and it obviously makes no difference to me).

Mr. Wondering
Posted By: ForeverHers Re: Hip Hop Voting - 11/04/08 02:45 PM

You don't?

Then perhaps if you look up the history of "Uncle Tomism" you might gain a little historical perspective.

Mr. Wondering IS right. A LOT of Black voters ARE voting for "now it's OUR time" for power.

And we've seen the "attitude" toward many Conservative Blacks..."not good enough" because they have "abandoned their people," whatever that means. It certainly implies that "their people" are Black and that "Black Issues" or "Black Power" IS the motivating factor.

Not racism?

Substitute J.C. Watts for Barack Obama and see how much "support" he gets or how "attacked" he gets for "abandoning the Black issues." We've already heard from Rev. Wright and what he preaches and teaches about certain Conservative Blacks in Government. And that IS the teaching that Obama sat under for 20 years....but somehow "missed?"

Posted By: JoJo422 Re: Hip Hop Voting - 11/04/08 02:50 PM
Mimi...I wasn't referring to you but others. Not just on this board but others too.

You and me are straight.... stickout
Posted By: mimi_here Re: Hip Hop Voting - 11/04/08 02:53 PM
I didn't know you were black for about 2 years and it obviously makes no difference to me).

Mr. W:

And yours makes no difference to me either...

As I said in my previous post, I didn't even think to bring it up...not sure how and why I did..

I betcha my FOCUS was on other things...

smile
Posted By: mimi_here Re: Hip Hop Voting - 11/04/08 02:57 PM
You and me are straight

GREAT, JoJo..Thanks for responding...
Posted By: JoJo422 Re: Hip Hop Voting - 11/04/08 03:09 PM
Sorry it took me so long.....even though this 'debate' is captivating.....we had tickets to Monday Night Football last night at FedEX Field in Washington, DC so I was outta here at 2pm yesterday.

GOOOOOOO Steelers.... hurray
Posted By: Want2Stay Re: Hip Hop Voting - 11/04/08 03:13 PM
So what margin of victory does Obama have to win by so we don't have to hear this ridiculous rhetoric for the next 4 years that the only reason Obama won was because of his race?

I personally know 3 people that refused to even listen to Obama's message based simply on the color of his skin. In the end, I do believe that the flip side of the coin will cancel each other out and it will be the remaining majority of our population that will decide this election. Not because of Obama's race, but because he was the better candidate for this time in our country's future.

I believe he will win because he ran the better campaign. He stayed on message and showed a true understanding of all the issues that this country faces. He was open and honest even about his plans that may be unpopular like the coal industry. Where McCain was vague in is plans and hide behind smear and fear politics. Fortunately for America, those kind of campaign tactics are no longer going to guarantee an easy victory.

Want2Stay

Posted By: medc Re: Hip Hop Voting - 11/04/08 03:18 PM
Originally Posted by MrsWondering

Oh good grief! Surely you aren't implying that this is racism??? faint Just because the "other" stations or award shows weren't called "white" doesn't mean that isn't what they have been for YEARS and YEARS...There was no need to call a station "White Entertainment Television" or an award show "White Movie Awards" etc...They already WERE that...Whites have been the dominant race in this country forever...

Mrs. W

If it is okay to have a station, award show or anything else called Black...it SHOULD be okay t have one that is called the same for whites. How do you think that would go over????? Seriously, how do you think WET would be received tomorrow??? How about the WHITE Movie Awards?

Whites have been the dominant race in this country...yes. A group that has but 12% of the population should NOT be dominant. Many whites have mistreated blacks...and just as many blacks have mistreated whites.*** That does not excuse open or hidden racism or hypocrisy.

*** 2002 DOJ Statistics (remember when looking at this that blacks represent only 12% of the population).

1,916,380 black on white crimes
362,784 white on black crimes
Posted By: Want2Stay Re: Hip Hop Voting - 11/04/08 03:18 PM
Originally Posted by JoJo422

Pissburgh Sucks! rotflmao

Boy does this explain a lot.

Want2Stay

P.S. Just teasing a little. Diehard Cleveland sports fan. One of these days we will win a championship. sigh

Posted By: medc Re: Hip Hop Voting - 11/04/08 03:22 PM
Originally Posted by Want2Stay
So what margin of victory does Obama have to win by so we don't have to hear this ridiculous rhetoric for the next 4 years that the only reason Obama won was because of his race?

I personally know 3 people that refused to even listen to Obama's message based simply on the color of his skin. In the end, I do believe that the flip side of the coin will cancel each other out and it will be the remaining majority of our population that will decide this election. Not because of Obama's race, but because he was the better candidate for this time in our country's future.

I believe he will win because he ran the better campaign. He stayed on message and showed a true understanding of all the issues that this country faces. He was open and honest even about his plans that may be unpopular like the coal industry. Where McCain was vague in is plans and hide behind smear and fear politics. Fortunately for America, those kind of campaign tactics are no longer going to guarantee an easy victory.

Want2Stay

Obama has run a MUCH better campaign. He CAN'T win solely because of race.

Due to his extreme positions, his victory today will not assure him even one day in office. History has shown that extreme positions on either side basically points a bulleye on ones back. We saw it with Lincoln, Kennedy and Reagan.
Posted By: MrWondering Re: Hip Hop Voting - 11/04/08 03:23 PM
Originally Posted by ForeverHers
Mr. Wondering IS right. A LOT of Black voters ARE voting for "now it's OUR time" for power.

That's a mistatement. A LOT of American voters ARE voting for "now it's OUR time" for power.

No more Bush.

Power for the PEOPLE (white, black, red, yellow, etc.) instead of for the corporations.

And we've seen the "attitude" toward many Conservative Blacks..."not good enough" because they have "abandoned their people," whatever that means.

That's easy..."conservatism" whether it be the democratic party of the 1800's through 1960 or the current republican party, has failed & oppressed the black community. The last 8 years of Bushism has decimated our inner cities and black communities (many white and mixed communities as well but disproportionately, the black communities). The "conservative" push for "states rights" instills fear amongst the black community as they know all to well how many particular states would choose to treat their minorities were they to completely lose the protection of the federal government (all 3 branches). The "conservative" allegiances to big corporations scares many blacks as there are significant glass ceilings precluding advancement for blacks (unless, of course, they act a certain way and take on a white demeanor...then they can skyrocket to the, near, top).

I'm paraphrasing. There's a lot more to it but I thought I'd give a few reasons since you didn't seem to understand at all. Hope this helps.

Mr. Wondering

Posted By: ForeverHers Re: Hip Hop Voting - 11/04/08 03:26 PM

Originally Posted by MrsWondering

Mrs. W

Mrs. Wondering, yes, because many were founded by White people to provide entertainment to the masses, beginning in many cases when there was still rampant racism in the country. But that has changed.

In much the same way that "Affirmative Action" sought to include Blacks in the educational system, even though it meant some White students would be affected by the reverse discrimination. (And I was one of those who was affected by Affirmative Action, so I have personal experience with it). One of the "problems" with that system has become evident over the years, in that "more qualified" students were denied admission. Barack is for reforming education, then reform based on achievement and merit would seem to be good place to start, but he is against that and FOR the Chicago Teachers Union, despite the pleas from Black students that they get more schooling and not the short (shortchanging the students) school days and short school year.

Yes, even Baseball WAS segregated, but no longer is it and if you look at MOST sports, like Basketball, Football, Baseball, there are a LOT of Black players, sometimes almost exclusively Black (as in Basketball).

But let's be honest here, the continued presence of this "racial distinction" in things IS a perpetuation of racism and divisiveness.

There is, as just one example, the Miss America pageant. It is OPEN to all women, regardless of race or ethnicity.

Then there is the Miss Black America pageant. Guess which one DOES discriminate based SOLELY upon Race?

This sort of thing is perpetuated NOT by the "White Establishment," but by Blacks who WANT to keep dividing the country along racial lines.

Now I suppose one could argue that there are 90+ percent of Black voters who are "died-in-the-wool liberals" and who are voting for a liberal agenda and only <10% of Black voters who are "conservative" and would vote for a conservative candidate, but if the "White" population is indicative of the "split among voters" along "liberal and conservative" lines, it is doubtful that you'd get anywhere 90% in either group.

Therefore, it is reasonable to assume that there is MORE than just "political ideology or philosophy" is going on here.

Posted By: Pariah Re: Hip Hop Voting - 11/04/08 03:29 PM
I'm going to quit my job now.

Cause he's gonna pay my bills. laugh
Posted By: medc Re: Hip Hop Voting - 11/04/08 03:34 PM
This sort of thing is perpetuated NOT by the "White Establishment," but by Blacks who WANT to keep dividing the country along racial lines.

Exactly.
Posted By: ForeverHers Re: Hip Hop Voting - 11/04/08 03:37 PM
Originally Posted by Pariah

hmmmm...I may have to consider joining you.

I'm sick of paying taxes to support things I don't believe in.

Maybe we could even get a new politcal party started....

The SitOnYourDuffAndLiveOffOthers Party.

Or maybe the COVET party...I want what is yours so I'll take it.

Time out. I have to go VOTE. Sorry y'all who want to take from those who have worked for their money and give it to those who haven't. "From each according to his ability to each according to his need." (who gets to determine who "each" is?)

Posted By: mimi_here Re: Hip Hop Voting - 11/04/08 03:38 PM
I believe in focusing on the POSITIVE in ALL PEOPLE regardless of COLOR..

It's SAD that we are focusing on the NEGATIVE...
Posted By: HURTandSHOCKED Re: Hip Hop Voting - 11/04/08 03:39 PM
me 2. I can't believe how much faith you guys have in the president. the real power is the senate and congress. the president does very little. how many presidents have you seen writing legislation? plus they are both politicians saying what the need to get elected. i can't wait to see how much 'change' really occur.
Posted By: mimi_here Re: Hip Hop Voting - 11/04/08 03:40 PM
I have FAITH and HOPE for the FUTURE...

Posted By: MrWondering Re: Hip Hop Voting - 11/04/08 03:40 PM
Whites have been the dominant race in this country...yes. A group that has but 12% of the population should NOT be dominant. Many whites have mistreated blacks...and just as many blacks have mistreated whites. That does not excuse open or hidden racism or hypocrisy.

"just as many blacks have mistreated whites"????

mmmmmm, no.

W

p.s. - it's statements like these which help me and others completely understand reverse racism (which really is a misnomer as it's not generally motivated by intolerance nor supremacy but fear and suspicion). I'm surprised my black friends and neighbors even speak to me.

p.p.s. - Just because television shows and programming wasn't called "white" doesn't mean they weren't.
Posted By: medc Re: Hip Hop Voting - 11/04/08 03:43 PM

Hey, if I am going to get free healthcare and government handouts, I think I will quit as well. Obama will put gas in my tank and pay for my mortgage.

puke
Posted By: mimi_here Re: Hip Hop Voting - 11/04/08 03:44 PM
Why can't there be COMPASSION for Peggy Joseph? Surely we all know that the President will not pay her mortgage...

But what's wrong with her having A DAY IN THE SUN?

I'm HAPPY for HER having such a great day!!
Posted By: HURTandSHOCKED Re: Hip Hop Voting - 11/04/08 03:45 PM
I have FAITH and HOPE for the FUTURE...

me too but i don't have any faith in either candidate nor the rest of the political a holes in washington. until the people stop putting up witht their B$ nothing will change.

In fact, both have been in the senate for quite some time and what have they done. obama has been there 4 years and mccain for a he77 of a lot longer. but they the dems have had control the last 4 years and everyone blames bush for everything b/c they are trying to get elected and things have went bad. i sure as he77 don't remebmer in 2005 or 2006 when people where buying houses they could not afford anyone wanting 'change' (like denying the loan). that would make too much sense.
Posted By: mimi_here Re: Hip Hop Voting - 11/04/08 03:47 PM
Those like the woman on the video will benefit from Obama's win but will not be the CAUSE for it.
Posted By: JoJo422 Re: Hip Hop Voting - 11/04/08 03:54 PM
Originally Posted by JoJo422

Pissburgh Sucks! rotflmao

Boy does this explain a lot.

Want2Stay

P.S. Just teasing a little. Diehard Cleveland sports fan. One of these days we will win a championship. sigh

That explains your comment. My husband hates Cleveland.... grin

MEN and their sports....there is life away from sports guys
Posted By: Want2Stay Re: Hip Hop Voting - 11/04/08 03:55 PM

Thanks for stoking the fear. Posting a 26 second video clip and insinuating that the lady depicted is a lazy-do-nothing just furthers the cause of those that see right through this type of attact.

Like the rest of America wasn't struggling to put gas in their car or pay their mortgage. You got it right, 10% of the population is dragging down the entire economy. :RollieEyes:

Want2Stay

Posted By: ForeverHers Re: Hip Hop Voting - 11/04/08 03:59 PM

Oh come on Mimi!

You wouldn't even watch the young man's video because he didn't dress the way you "like" to see people dressed.

So please don't start with this whining about "negatives."

Posted By: medc Re: Hip Hop Voting - 11/04/08 04:00 PM
Originally Posted by ForeverHers

Oh come on Mimi!

You wouldn't even watch the young man's video because he didn't dress the way you "like" to see people dressed.

So please don't start with this whining about "negatives."

LMAO.
Posted By: ForeverHers Re: Hip Hop Voting - 11/04/08 04:05 PM

Thanks for stoking the fear. Posting a 26 second video clip and insinuating that the lady depicted is a lazy-do-nothing just furthers the cause of those that see right through this type of attact.

Like the rest of America wasn't struggling to put gas in their car or pay their mortgage. You got it right, 10% of the population is dragging down the entire economy. :RollieEyes:

Want2Stay

Uh huh.

And I wonder how many members of Congress are themselves IN that "ugly 10%" that has been dragging down the entire economy?

Tell you what, let me keep my taxes that the government confiscates, and maybe I COULD pay my mortgage AND put gas in my tank since they have not allowed any drilling or refineries or anything else for that matter that might have led to independence instead of dependence upon countries who don't like us very much to DICTATE the cost of oil.

You want an "economic plan" that just MIGHT help all the middle class who DO pay taxes?

STOP ALL foreign aid for 1 to 5 years and return the money to the people who have paid taxes. START with "charity begins at home," and let the people decide for themselves who to help.
Posted By: medc Re: Hip Hop Voting - 11/04/08 04:08 PM
STOP ALL foreign aid for 1 to 5 years and return the money to the people who have paid taxes. START with "charity begins at home," and let the people decide for themselves who to help.

BINGO!
Posted By: Pariah Re: Hip Hop Voting - 11/04/08 04:11 PM
Obama's already calling for the destruction of the power industry, calling for Goose Stepping Jackbooted Brown Shirts to patrol the streets under the guise of "security", going to take people's hard EARNED money and buy the freeloaders' votes.

"The Kreignacht is coming again." That's an exact quote from the owner's mother here who survived Nazi Germany as a little girl.
Posted By: mimi_here Re: Hip Hop Voting - 11/04/08 04:24 PM
I don't think I'm the one that's gonna be whining today!!

rotflmao
Posted By: JoJo422 Re: Hip Hop Voting - 11/04/08 04:32 PM

WOOOOOHOOOOOO....nobody told me that I'm not going to have to worry about paying my mortgage or putting gas in my car......

I'm turning in my 2 weeks notice tomorrow since Obama is going to SAVE US ALL. faint
Posted By: JoJo422 Re: Hip Hop Voting - 11/04/08 04:42 PM

Want2Stay

I do not believe that this clip insinuated that she was a"lazy-do-nothing".

What I got from this clip was that there are people that think that Obama is GOING TO SAVE US ALL....well maybe not all of us, just those that make under a certain amount
Posted By: NMDreams Re: Hip Hop Voting - 11/04/08 04:54 PM
Obama's already calling for the destruction of the power industry, calling for Goose Stepping Jackbooted Brown Shirts to patrol the streets under the guise of "security", going to take people's hard EARNED money and buy the freeloaders' votes.

"The Kreignacht is coming again." That's an exact quote from the owner's mother here who survived Nazi Germany as a little girl.

So you're saying Obama has the skinhead vote all sewn up, then.
Posted By: Pariah Re: Hip Hop Voting - 11/04/08 04:59 PM
So you're saying Obama has the skinhead vote all sewn up, then.

No skinheads were around in NG. :RollieEyes:

But people wanting CHANGE and listening to promises of BLAMING those who were better off than his supporters for their ills.
Posted By: ForeverHers Re: Hip Hop Voting - 11/04/08 05:42 PM

rotflmao

Mimi - I'm sorry you think that the future of our country and the lives our our unborn babies is so funny.

But I DO "get you."

I simply disagee with you.

Posted By: Enlightened_Ex Re: Hip Hop Voting - 11/04/08 05:50 PM
Why can't there be COMPASSION for Peggy Joseph? Surely we all know that the President will not pay her mortgage...

But what's wrong with her having A DAY IN THE SUN?

I'm HAPPY for HER having such a great day!!

I'm sad if she really thinks Obama will take these worries away. The compassion is because she really believes that Obama will make those concerns go away.

If that's what she really believes, that she won't have to worry about gas or her mortgage, then she is deluded.

Why would anyone in their right mind just want to be be happy with her?

It's like saying to someone who believes Santa Claus is going to bring the #1 toy, when we know that "Santa" can't afford to buy the toy that has been sold out for years, that we should just be happy for them.

Why should I be happy that someone is likely going to be disappointed, or has unrealistic expectations.

Life is not just about emotions. Just because she feels happy and is having a great day doesn't mean that day or those feelings are built on a solid foundation.

Here at this website, we see the aftermath of emotional lead decisions based on fantasy feelings.

How is what she saying any different from fog babble of a wayward spouse? Both believe the bad can not happen to them. That this OM/OW/Candidate is different from the others. That they'll meet all of my needs, take my worries etc.

Sorry, I see her thinking in this interview to be little different from the wayward spouse who is agog about her affair and how fun and full of hope it is.

We all know the future will bring reality, and the reality will be far more painful than the false euphoria that happens during the affair.

If we really cared for folks, would we allow them to build up such a euphoric state based on false hope?

To be clear, I'm not for either McCain, nor Obama. I think they both offer false hope. So I'm anti BOTH of them.

My compassion for her is that I feel sorry that she will likely be just like the affair partner who thinks the OM/OW will meet all their emotional needs and the euphoria of the affair/campaign will be the way day to day life goes.

In neither case will that euphoria translate to day to day life.
Posted By: Pariah Re: Hip Hop Voting - 11/04/08 06:05 PM
PWN3D
Posted By: medc Re: Hip Hop Voting - 11/04/08 06:22 PM
welcome to Philadelphia.

How much of a FRONT page story would it be if the KKK was out there.

This is confirmed through police in the area (I personally talked to my old partner). This is happening in many black areas.

THIS IS TYPICAL.
Posted By: medc Re: Hip Hop Voting - 11/04/08 06:25 PM
BTW...a black democratic mayor(and Obama supporter) in Philly decides where the officers are stationed.
Posted By: mimi_here Re: Hip Hop Voting - 11/04/08 06:26 PM
Obama REALLY can offer her HOPE and INSPIRATION for a NEW UNITED STATES of AMERICA!!

I see her as being, like me, if we dare to use MBers' analogies for a woman at a campaign rally, a BS... who did not give HOPE for her marriage because I BELIEVED in A PLAN.

You can't gather from that brief snippet what that woman is REALLY basing her HOPE upon...she is obviously caught up in the MOMENT..

I'm happy that she is HOPEFUL..no telling how downtrodden her life has been...

She may not be able to ELOQUENTLY communicate all that she heard...

She listened to an ENTIRE SPEECH...and was only interviewed briefly...
Posted By: Enlightened_Ex Re: Hip Hop Voting - 11/04/08 06:32 PM
Obama REALLY can offer her HOPE and INSPIRATION for a NEW UNITED STATES of AMERICA!!

I see her as being, like me, if we dare to use MBers' analogies for a woman at a campaign rally, a BS... who did not give HOPE for her marriage because I BELIEVED in A PLAN.

You can't gather from that brief snippet what that woman is REALLY basing her HOPE upon...she is obviously caught up in the MOMENT..

I'm happy that she is HOPEFUL..no telling how downtrodden her life has been...

She may not be able to ELOQUENTLY communicate all that she heard...

She listened to an ENTIRE SPEECH...and was only interviewed briefly...

She attended an Obama rally, heard his speech and says, "...I won't have to worry about putting gas in my car, I won't have to worry about paying my mortgage..."

Those things will still be issues on January 20th, 2009, regardless who is elected.

I predict she will still have to worry about those issues on January 20th, 2013 as well.

No candidate, Obama, McCain, Bob Barr, Ralph Nader, or even me can take those worries away.

PS: Most folks DON'T recover their marriage. So while there may be hope in MB, I think that hope is for a relative few people.

Most end up NOT having a recovered marriage. Most end up divorced.

Like MB, I think this woman will be like most and still struggle to put gas in her car and pay her mortgage, regardless who is elected. If she is struggling today, like she seems to be saying, she'll likely be struggling in the future as well.
Posted By: pietas_husband Re: Hip Hop Voting - 11/04/08 06:44 PM
OMG!

Obama's Black?

Why didn't someone tell me this before?

I thought he was Italian or something. He's a little darker than McCain's but, man who isn't!
Posted By: mimi_here Re: Hip Hop Voting - 11/04/08 06:47 PM
I think that hope is for a relative few people.

WOW...I don't have that mindset.

I recommend the book "Man's Search for Meaning" by Viktor Frankl, one of my favorite books..how he survived in a concentration camp...HOPE..and I quote..

The prisoner who has lost his faith in the future-his future-was doomed. With his loss of belief in the future; he also lost his spiritual hold; he let himself decline and become subject to mental and physical decay
Posted By: Enlightened_Ex Re: Hip Hop Voting - 11/04/08 06:50 PM

I recommend the book "Man's Search for Meaning" by Viktor Frankl, one of my favorite books..how he survived in a concentration camp...HOPE..and I quote..

The prisoner who has lost his faith in the future-his future-was doomed. With his loss of belief in the future; he also lost his spiritual hold; he let himself decline and become subject to mental and physical decay

Oh, I have hope for the future, just not based on any elected official.

If one's hope or hopelessness is based on elected officials, it's false hope, period. That's true if you are for Obama, McCain, Barr, Nader or any other candidate for any elected office.

I'm not without hope. I simply don't believe hope can be elected.
Posted By: mimi_here Re: Hip Hop Voting - 11/04/08 06:52 PM
If she is struggling today, like she seems to be saying, she'll likely be struggling in the future as well.

Yes..she will continue to STRUGGLE...Life is about struggle...but she still can have HOPE...
Posted By: mimi_here Re: Hip Hop Voting - 11/04/08 06:54 PM
I hear you, Enlightened...

But the SPIRIT of the NATION is important in these times...

That's my opinion...

It seems that there are others in agreement with me...
Posted By: Enlightened_Ex Re: Hip Hop Voting - 11/04/08 06:55 PM
Nothing wrong with having hope.

But to say Obama (or any elected official) is the source of hope is naive to say the least.

It's little different than having hope in Santa, the Easter Bunny or the Great Pumpkin.

At least two of them have parents working for them. I'd put Obama or any other elected official in the Great Pumpkin category. Some may believe and have hope, but the Great Pumpkin will not appear and the blessing of believing will not be realized.

It's OK to have hope. Just make sure one has home in something or someone who can actually deliver.

I don't believe elected officials can or will actually deliver, so any hope based on them is false hope. It's like hoping a wayward spouse will be honest.
Posted By: mimi_here Re: Hip Hop Voting - 11/04/08 06:57 PM
I don't believe elected officials can or will actually deliver, so any hope based on them is false hope. It's like hoping a wayward spouse will be honest.

I hear you...I get what you are saying...
Posted By: Enlightened_Ex Re: Hip Hop Voting - 11/04/08 06:59 PM
I hear you, Enlightened...

But the SPIRIT of the NATION is important in these times...

That's my opinion...

It seems that there are others in agreement with me...

Spirit is important. Yet for LONG LASTING spirit, it needs to be built on a solid foundation.

Building such spirit on any political person is building a foundation in shifting sands.

It's a fruitless and perhaps ultimately destructive action.

I'd rather have some real pain today, if followed by everlasting, real and sustainable change, than have some false hope today followed by even more painful choices in the future.

I don't see anyone proposing any real changes. I see a lot of pushing problems to the future, where the solutions will be more costly and more painful.

More taxes, more bailouts, more credit, more spending are all false hopes in the near term which will be greater pain in the future.

Both major candidates are offering this. There is no real change, no real hope from either Obama or McCain.

I'd rather have real and lasting hope, than false hope based on false promises.
Posted By: Pariah Re: Hip Hop Voting - 11/04/08 07:03 PM
Originally Posted by Enlightened_Ex
Like MB, I think this woman will be like most and still struggle to put gas in her car and pay her mortgage, regardless who is elected. If she is struggling today, like she seems to be saying, she'll likely be struggling in the future as well.

She should have CHOSEN to get a better education. Everything was in place for her to receive outstanding training for employment.

It looks like she CHOSE to squirt out children out of wedlock for us to support.

Opportunity is there for everyone, you just have to get up, get motivated and take it.

I know this for a fact as NOTHING was ever given to me, I had to earn every little bit through hard work.

Recently I've had to start completely over with nothing and now I'm doing just fine.

No handouts, no welfare, no nothing, just determination.
Posted By: mimi_here Re: Hip Hop Voting - 11/04/08 07:05 PM
MY FAITH is in GOD..that's the permanent, strong FOUNDATION...

This would be TRUE for ME regardless of who won the election...

I agree that we can't put our true FAITH in a political candidate...

I'm talking about the kinda SPIRIT that brings a TEAM to VICTORY...you know, being glad that this is your alma mater...KWIM???

You don't want the stands to be boring at the championship game, do ya?
Posted By: mimi_here Re: Hip Hop Voting - 11/04/08 07:06 PM
She should have CHOSEN to get a better education. Everything was in place for her to receive outstanding training for employment.

It looks like she CHOSE to squirt out children out of wedlock for us to support.

I missed this information from the video. How do we know her educational level?
Posted By: Pariah Re: Hip Hop Voting - 11/04/08 07:08 PM
I missed this information from the video. How do we know her educational level?

She has zero grasp that Obama ain't gonna pay her bills cause she's voting for him.

She's either rediculously ignorant or seriously delusional.

You pick.
Posted By: mimi_here Re: Hip Hop Voting - 11/04/08 07:09 PM
I went back to make sure..nothing about her educational level, marital status or number of children...
Posted By: mimi_here Re: Hip Hop Voting - 11/04/08 07:11 PM
She has zero grasp that Obama ain't gonna pay her bills cause she's voting for him.

She's either rediculously ignorant or seriously delusional.

You pick.

Probably caught up in the moment...or any number of options BETWEEN ignorant or delusional...
Posted By: Pariah Re: Hip Hop Voting - 11/04/08 07:13 PM
Wayward spouses are caught up in the moment too.
Posted By: Enlightened_Ex Re: Hip Hop Voting - 11/04/08 07:16 PM
Wayward spouses are caught up in the moment too.

Exactly, emotionalism is a poor way to choose who will be the POTUS
Posted By: Pariah Re: Hip Hop Voting - 11/04/08 07:18 PM
Exactly, emotionalism is a poor way to choose who will be the POTUS

Or color.
Posted By: mimi_here Re: Hip Hop Voting - 11/04/08 07:21 PM
I hear y'all..REALLY...

We might want to check the WS analogy though with this..

Again...verrry complicated to pursue..

My H was caught up for more than TWO YEARS...

In this case, I was SIMPLY speaking about what can happen when you interview someone for a minute or so at a campaign rally...

Later on in the evening, that lady may have answered differently...
Posted By: ForeverHers Re: Hip Hop Voting - 11/04/08 07:32 PM

A very good quotation, Mimi.

Let me offer up another one too.

Originally Posted by the Apostle Paul in 1 Timothy 4:9-1
This is a trustworthy saying that deserves full acceptance (and for this we labor and strive), that we have put our hope in the living God, who is the Savior of all men, and especially of those who believe.

Posted By: Brix Re: Hip Hop Voting - 11/04/08 08:00 PM
What I find more interesting than whether some have attached messianic qualities to Obama is the reaction to his potential election by those who appear pluralistically challenged. As if it is appalling that this nation is populated by millions of people who hold very different views from what may be considered de rigueur in their own province. It seems to me the idea of the "American experiment" mortifies some. Tocqueville commented on it well, " I cannot help fearing that men may reach a point where they look on every new theory as a danger, every innovation as a toilsome trouble, every social advance as a first step toward revolution, and that they may absolutely refuse to move at all."
Posted By: Marshmallow Re: Hip Hop Voting - 11/04/08 08:10 PM

rotflmao

I actually think McCain might pull it off today.

The pollsters haven't taken into account the PUMAs. I think they might be the ones who drag him across the finish line.
Posted By: medc Re: Hip Hop Voting - 11/04/08 08:17 PM
OMG, I can imagine the riots that would follow a McCain win. It would dwarf those that occurred after MLK.

Posted By: medc Re: Hip Hop Voting - 11/04/08 08:23 PM
I guess we should all lock our doors for the riot that will occur should Obama win. I can just see the whites rioting in the streets. It will be a mess.
Posted By: MrWondering Re: Hip Hop Voting - 11/04/08 08:27 PM
OMG, I can imagine the riots that would follow a McCain win. It would dwarf those that occurred after MLK.

I don't think you'd have to imagine it for long (if McCain wins).

I wouldn't believe such result was legitimate so I don't expect our citizens living in our inner-cities to either. Many of them don't even know a single McCain supporter.

I recall that a military force of some substantial size was recently activated and mobilized for duty within the US. It didn't receive much coverage...but I noted it as though the Republicans must know something we don't know.

Of course, the polls were tighter then so it may be just a precaution or some other reason for the mobilization.

Right now...I don't see any way for McCain to pull this out. The margin of victory will just be too big for the diabold machines to pull one off anymore and Democrats everywhere ARE going to wait and stand in line no matter what. The cheaters can only cheat so much.

Mr. Wondering
Posted By: medc Re: Hip Hop Voting - 11/04/08 08:30 PM
*** You are ignoring this user ***
Toggle the display of this post
Posted By: Pariah Re: Hip Hop Voting - 11/04/08 08:31 PM
With all of the democrat cheating going on.

They have caught hundreds here in Atlanta with dual residences voting multiple times.
Posted By: Marshmallow Re: Hip Hop Voting - 11/04/08 08:32 PM
Right now...I don't see any way for McCain to pull this out.

It's long, but it might give you some insight into how it could happen.
Posted By: medc Re: Hip Hop Voting - 11/04/08 08:33 PM
They have caught hundreds here in Atlanta with dual residences voting multiple times.

wow....shocking.
Posted By: Want2Stay Re: Hip Hop Voting - 11/04/08 08:35 PM

Strange you would want to ignore the voice of reason.

Want2Stay

Posted By: medc Re: Hip Hop Voting - 11/04/08 08:39 PM
http://www.philly.com/philly/blogs/...uarding_Fairmount_Ave_Polling_Place.html
Posted By: medc Re: Hip Hop Voting - 11/04/08 08:41 PM
welcome to the Obamanation.

Time to go out gun/ammo shopping.
Posted By: Want2Stay Re: Hip Hop Voting - 11/04/08 08:46 PM
I agree that's terrible and unfortunately a sad testament to the evil side of our country. They should be prosecuted to the full extent of the law. What are you gonna do, today's election was sure to bring out a few extremists. Hope it doesn't take away from today's historic election.

Want2Stay

Posted By: Pariah Re: Hip Hop Voting - 11/04/08 08:46 PM
The sporting goods stores here can't keep AR15's and 12 guage shotguns in stock. Haven't been able to for months.
Posted By: Pariah Re: Hip Hop Voting - 11/04/08 08:48 PM
I agree that's terrible and unfortunately a sad testament to the evil side of our country. They should be prosecuted to the full extent of the law. What are you gonna do, today's election was sure to bring out a few extremists.

Especailly the extemeist running on the democratic ticket.

After being indoctrinated in a hate cult for 20 years, he can't deny that he is an extremeist.
Posted By: medc Re: Hip Hop Voting - 11/04/08 08:50 PM
I am licensed to carry anywhere in the country...and rarely do anymore. That will change now. People can act like this is an exception...just an extremist...but in my vast experience, it is the norm.
Posted By: medc Re: Hip Hop Voting - 11/04/08 08:52 PM
I agree that's terrible and unfortunately a sad testament to the evil side of our country. They should be prosecuted to the full extent of the law. What are you gonna do, today's election was sure to bring out a few extremists. Hope it doesn't take away from today's historic election.

Want2Stay

It's NOT the extremist that is the problem. It is the black democratic mayor that is allowing this to happen in NUMEROUS places throughout the city.

It is a disgrace for the 5th largest city in America. I guarantee you that things like this are happening in NYC, LA and more than a few other inner cities.
Posted By: medc Re: Hip Hop Voting - 11/04/08 08:58 PM
http://www.philly.com/philly/hp/news_update/20081029_New_Panthers__war_on_whites.html

Welcome to the new Obamnation.

This is one of the thugs providing "security" for the polling places!

WOW.
Posted By: medc Re: Hip Hop Voting - 11/04/08 08:59 PM
Minister Najee Muhammad, national field marshal for the New Black Panther Party, and Uhuru Shakur, local chairman of the Atlanta chapter of the party, took turns reading statements from Dr. Malik Shabazz, leader of Black Lawyers for Justice and attorney for the party (yes, that Malik Shabazz)…

…”We will not allow some racists and other angry whites, who are upset over an impending Barack Obama presidential victory, to intimidate blacks at the polls,” Muhammad said. “Most certainly, we cannot allow these racist forces to slaughter our babies or commit other acts of violence against the black population, nor our black president.”

Muhammad added, “We must organize to counter and neutralize these threats using all means at our disposal. This is a great time for our people, and we must ensure that peace prevails for our people.”

Shakur said the New Black Panther Party does not hate white people, but it does not like racist white people who try to harm the black community…

…Shakur added, “We warn you, leave Barack Obama alone and leave our babies alone because black people are a spiritual people and a people who are trying to do right, and we will not hesitate to take up our legal rights of self-defense.”

Shakur said the New Black Panther Party believes the plot that was foiled in Crockett County was not an isolated incident and that the party will do what it can to protect members of the black community on Election Day.

“We will be at the polls in the cities and counties in many states to ensure that the enemy does not sabotage the black vote, which was won through the blood of the martyrs of our people,” he said.

As members of the New Black Panther Party said “Black Power,” Andrew Chirwa, an Alamo resident and native of Malawi in Southern Africa, urged everyone at the press conference to shout “Black Power” together.

http://michellemalkin.com/2008/11/04/black-panther-intimidation-at-the-polls/
Posted By: Pariah Re: Hip Hop Voting - 11/04/08 09:04 PM
Yep, no racism or radical hate there.
Posted By: Marshmallow Re: Hip Hop Voting - 11/04/08 09:08 PM
McCain’s internal polls show massive move in the battleground states.

I just talked to one of my best Team McCain sources who told me that heading into today all the key battleground polls were moving hard and fast in their direction. The source, hardly a perma-optimist, thinks it will be a long night, but that McCain is going to win.

LINK

He only has to hold onto most of the states Bush won, and win PA.

It's definitely doable.
Posted By: Marshmallow Re: Hip Hop Voting - 11/04/08 09:23 PM
More about PUMAs possible affect on this election---> LINK

Can't vouch for his numbers, but there is no doubt that the PUMAs have been ignored by the MSM.

I saw an interesting bit of simple math to explain the power of PUMAs. Assume 10 Reps and 10 dems are locked in a tight battle (50-50%). Then all of a sudden 2 dems jump ship to the GOP side to make the sides 12-8, or 60%-40%. The point being is defections hurt more than adding or subtracting independents.
Posted By: princessmeggy Re: Hip Hop Voting - 11/04/08 10:04 PM
Okay. This kind of crap makes me really angry (the guys guarding the polls and the "official" statements being made by the Black Panthers). Are we surprised that this kind of thing's going on? Has anyone really LISTENED to the music that's been going around for the last few years?

Two of my precious grandbabies are 1/2 white and 1/2 black. I will do EVERYTHING in my power to keep them from being exposed to this kind of poision. Their father has this kind of attitude... poor poor me, everybody's done me wrong... that's why I can't get a job... that's why I beat your daughter... no one will hire me because I'm black... waaah waaah waaah...

Sorry. I don't buy this garbage for one single minute. I don't think RACE has anything to do with this kind of attitude. I think it has a lot to do with the character of the person spewing it. And that goes for any white person making threats against a black person too!

I think ALL the racists in this country... black and white... are using this as an opportunity to stir things up.

This is an outrage and frankly, I'm sick of it. rant2
Posted By: rwinger Re: Hip Hop Voting - 11/04/08 10:27 PM
Strange day indeed - we live in interesting times.

On the ballot for State Rep we had a Chinese woman run against a Vietnamese woman - who would have thunk it.

Mexicans living on our street who cannot vote nevertheless have McCain signs on the lawn.

As for any slight chance of a McCain upset - i think I will pass on the DART train tmrw. I dont want to get in the middle of some angry mob.
Posted By: princessmeggy Re: Hip Hop Voting - 11/04/08 10:39 PM
As for any slight chance of a McCain upset - i think I will pass on the DART train tmrw. I dont want to get in the middle of some angry mob.

Wow, I didn't even think about that. I may stay home myself if things go right.
Posted By: mimi_here Re: Hip Hop Voting - 11/04/08 10:49 PM
Wow, I didn't even think about that. I may stay home myself if things go right.

dontknow

This is SCARY to hear you guys speak like this.

I just don't feel the same.

I will be HAPPY tomorrow "if things go right"...FOR ME..

And if they don't, I will still be OK..and won't stay home...

MY GOODNESS...

This has been so disillusioning to me...

My BUBBLE has been broken for sure...
Posted By: pietas_husband Re: Hip Hop Voting - 11/04/08 10:49 PM
My wife, daughter and I went from Massachusetts where we live to Peterboro NH on Sunday--McCain Rally.

We did not wait in line to go in, we just hung around on the cordoned off street to watch the freak show.

Peterboro residents are to the extreme in each direction--old conservative yankees with money and artsy fartsy liberals.

It was the best free entertainment ever! Performance theater at its finest!
Posted By: rwinger Re: Hip Hop Voting - 11/04/08 10:53 PM
Sounds like fun - LOL. Must have been some angst in the atmosphere.

dont forget to make the popcorn for the loony shows tonight - ought to be fun.

Mimi - just a joke - I have a black brother in law who mentioned it to me in jest. I guess it could be taken wrong.
Posted By: JoJo422 Re: Hip Hop Voting - 11/05/08 12:26 AM
With all of the democrat cheating going on.

Nooooooo....say it isn't so!! Not the Liberal LEFT cheating after they have ACCUSED the RIGHT for 4 years of CHEATING, stealing the '04 election . think
Posted By: JoJo422 Re: Hip Hop Voting - 11/05/08 12:28 AM

Strange you would want to ignore the voice of reason.

Want2Stay

The voice of reason? faint

For the LIBERAL LEFT maybe but NOT for the REST OF US.
Posted By: JoJo422 Re: Hip Hop Voting - 11/05/08 01:35 AM
Cokey Roberts....ABC News Political Analyst, on ABC News election coverage around 8:15 EST....said:

"92% of blacks are voting for Obama."

But that's NO BECAUSE he's Black right???

That's not racism right?? faint

It APPEARS that the African American community is pinning all of their hopes on this man due solely to the color of his skin.

Posted By: mimi_here Re: Hip Hop Voting - 11/05/08 01:39 AM
Do you really understand at all about the experience about black people in this country?

I'm floored by the lack of understanding of the black experience.

And so what if a high percentage of black people have voted for Obama? He will not win because of the higher percentage of black voters. Black people only make up about 12% of the US population.

I'm getting pretty sick and tired of hearing this. Sorry.

I am floored by what I keep reading on this forum.

Who would have thought that such thinking would be so highly represented here?

Do you know that when I was a little girl that I never would have dreamed that a black man could be President?

Do you know that I believed that it was not possible?

Do you know that just 3 generations ago my ancestors were not even allowed to vote?

It's NOT about the racism of black people, JoJo.
Posted By: NMDreams Re: Hip Hop Voting - 11/05/08 01:42 AM
Originally Posted by Marshmallow
McCain’s internal polls show massive move in the battleground states.

I just talked to one of my best Team McCain sources who told me that heading into today all the key battleground polls were moving hard and fast in their direction. The source, hardly a perma-optimist, thinks it will be a long night, but that McCain is going to win.

LINK

He only has to hold onto most of the states Bush won, and win PA.

It's definitely doable.

Obama has won PA.
Posted By: mimi_here Re: Hip Hop Voting - 11/05/08 01:46 AM
It APPEARS that the African American community is pinning all of their hopes on this man due solely to the color of his skin.

I have been crying all day...so wishing my grandparents could have lived to see this day.

You may not care. It doesn't matter if you do.

But in their honor I will say these things.

I will not sit by and let such comments rest, knowing the suffering and humiliation that they had to grow through in their lives..the utter disrespect that they had to withstand SOLELY BASED ON THE COLOR OF THEIR SKIN...

And YES, they would be singing for joy, singing hallelulah, I see them all now, sitting on the edges of their couches, clapping their hands..just at the thought..just at the thought..at what would seem like a MIRACLE to them...

So what? Would you want to rob them or others of that JUBILATION? What's the matter with it?
Posted By: mimi_here Re: Hip Hop Voting - 11/05/08 01:51 AM
And MY GRANPARENTS were the kindest, most loving people you'd ever want to meet.

They were definitely NOT RACISTS...taught me NOT TO BE A RACIST.

Welcomed my WHITE FRIENDS into their homes with OPEN ARMS...

Had their own WHITE FRIENDS..from back in the day...

They wouldn't dare want a WHITE PERSON to be treated the way that they were treated.

Yes. Reading what I have read here has caused me to feel bitter..like an outsider..on this site that I had grown to love...

Who would have known..that so many people were so conservative in their thinking...

Who would have known..

Yes..this political race has been divisive..HERE...

A MAJOR LOSS FOR ME...A MAJOR LETDOWN...

I know it's my problem...

I own it..

I shouldn't have expected any differently..

Oh well..

It is what it is...
Posted By: JoJo422 Re: Hip Hop Voting - 11/05/08 01:54 AM
It's NOT about the racism of black people, JoJo.

What is it then?

If the 'white' population got out there and said "I'm voting 92%for XYZ because he's white then we would be called racist. Why is there a different standard if you are white?

Why isn't the same standards held to others of a different race in this country?? Why are they free to admit that the only reason they are voting for a someone is because of the color their skin but NO ONE is supposed to say anything about it??
Posted By: medc Re: Hip Hop Voting - 11/05/08 01:55 AM
Would you want to rob them or others of that JUBILATION?

Yes, I would.

Funny, nothing to say about the fine upstanding group serving as security for voting locations??? Nothing to say about this being allowed to happen. Welcome to the Obamnation.

And enough already about the black experience Mimi. **edit** not for all(not even close)...but for a astronomically high percentage as compared to other races in this country. It is time to stop leaning on the crutches of the past and to start acting like responsible members of society. Again, Mimi, it isn't all...but there certainly significant enough percentages to justify the generalizations.
Posted By: mimi_here Re: Hip Hop Voting - 11/05/08 01:57 AM
You cannot compare the experience of white people and black people in this country.

That is ignorant as far as I'm concerned.

Do you know anything about segregation?

Do you know that I went to segregated schools until the 9th grade?

That was in my lifetime, JoJo.

The experiences of white people and black people, well, older folks is completely different.
Posted By: medc Re: Hip Hop Voting - 11/05/08 01:57 AM
Why isn't the same standards held to others of a different race in this country?? Why are they free to admit that the only reason they are voting for a someone is because of the color their skin but NO ONE is supposed to say anything about it??

Old crutches give them license to be racist.
Posted By: StillHere2 Re: Hip Hop Voting - 11/05/08 01:59 AM
Mimi
PLEASE walk away from your computer and celebrate.
You do not need to justify anything to anyone.

Enjoy ...... this is historic!!
Posted By: mimi_here Re: Hip Hop Voting - 11/05/08 02:00 AM
I think you are being mean and cruel to continue to consider this to be about the racism of black people.

I will continue to speak out against this, a lone wolf, here, it seems...but I will continue to speak out against it.

It is NOT about the RACISM of black people.

RACISM is not a CRUTCH.

Racism most definitely did exist and undoubtedly still does.
Posted By: JoJo422 Re: Hip Hop Voting - 11/05/08 02:01 AM
Come on....did we NOT learn for the '04 election that with LESS than 1% of the vote in, it's a little early????

Posted By: medc Re: Hip Hop Voting - 11/05/08 02:07 AM
Racism most definitely did exist and undoubtedly still does.

Yes, I know. Just look at the statistics about how the races treat one another. Blacks are now horribly racist towards whites (and btw, Asians as well). Look at the crime statistics...look at the sentiments expressed by many in that community.

Yes, racism is VERY much alive. It just has a NEW address.
Posted By: mimi_here Re: Hip Hop Voting - 11/05/08 02:09 AM
I will not stop talking about the black experience. I will continue to speak about the experience of who I am and my life. I have that right just as anyone else does. I am black and will speak about my life experience.

**EDIT**

This is a HORRIBLE thing for you to say.

My grandmother was a elementary school teacher who left her house early each morning to teach way down in the country to students who had to walk miles to get to the road.

She took soap and deodorant to teach them about hygiene. She loved those children and because of her love of them many of them came to her funeral as adults, giving her credit for their academic achievements and their ability to believe in themselves.

My other grandmother was a nurse/midwife, who helped bring many children in the world at our local Army hospital. Women, white and black, would come up to her and hug her neck.

These same women couldn't even try on clothes or hats in our local department store. They didn't let me know what was happening. But they raised me to be proud and I'm speaking out for THEM today.

I could go on about my grandfather..well respected himself...

My father's funeral was well-attended by whites and blacks...like a Sunday Service...he was raised by my grandparents to become an educational administrator in our community...

Was there life about crime and handouts????

No way...nor was the lives of my entire community.....

I will continue to speak about my WONDERFUL BLACK EXPERIENCE for as along as I live...
Posted By: medc Re: Hip Hop Voting - 11/05/08 02:11 AM
This is a HORRIBLE thing for you to say.

It doesn't make it any less true.

As I said, it isn't close to everyone Mimi. Your experience is obviously different.

But, you cannot ignore the statistics of crime and handouts in this country.
Posted By: mimi_here Re: Hip Hop Voting - 11/05/08 02:12 AM
I will continue to speak out for as long as I live but I will no longer continue to do so on this forum...

**edit**

You know who I am speaking of...

Your words are accepted and supported here...

And I can no longer accept or tolerate it...
Posted By: medc Re: Hip Hop Voting - 11/05/08 02:14 AM
I will continue to speak out for as long as I live but I will no longer continue to do so on this forum...

I have heard that a few times.

I will also continue to speak the truth...even though it is not politically correct to do so.
Posted By: medc Re: Hip Hop Voting - 11/05/08 02:14 AM

**edit**

You know who I am speaking of...

Your words are accepted and supported here...

And I can no longer accept or tolerate it...
Posted By: A_pretty_face Re: Hip Hop Voting - 11/05/08 02:21 AM
I would have to say I have kept up with this thread since I got home.

I do have to share I asked to African Americans *sounds more politically correct then just Blacks* if they were going to vote. They said no they didnt want to deal with all that junk. I then asked them who they would vote for if they did go. They both answered Obama. I didnt ask for them to explain but they went on to say that it would be a historical moment in history and that they didnt want another Bush in the office *referring to McCain*.

We listened the other day to a clip of Howard Stern who went on the streets and he asked several people who they would vote for. By the voices they were of all types. White, Black, Hispanic. Howard asked a few questions on what Obama is on and then his last question was "so you dont mind Palin being vice president if Obama wins" They all said no they wouldnt mind and to vote Obama Palin...Do they really pay that little attention as to who is running with who???

As for racisim doesnt it go for everything? Yes this would be a moment in history for the black community. However if Obama doesnt win I can probally bet there will be MANY cries of Racisim from all around the US along with possible fights over it.

Obama only needs 95 more votes to win
Posted By: NMDreams Re: Hip Hop Voting - 11/05/08 02:31 AM
Ohio is being projected for Obama.
Posted By: Revera Re: Hip Hop Voting - 11/05/08 02:50 AM
Please keep it respectful! And stop the bickering or we will lock the thread! thanks.
Posted By: medc Re: Hip Hop Voting - 11/05/08 03:00 AM
I sat and talked with my son tonight. He is upset about the election results. He KNOWS what this means regarding the things that are important to us. I have felt for years that 9/11 was one of the darkest days in the history of our country. This is worse. Obama will have the ability to shape the Supreme Court for the next few decades. Millions of babies will continue to be slaughtered.

His ability to push through socialistic programs will be unrestrained with the idiots in both houses.

It is a sad, sad day for this country.
Posted By: Marshmallow Re: Hip Hop Voting - 11/05/08 03:00 AM

Yup.

Congratulations to all of his supporters.

I wish you all were doing the congratulating, but I'm glad it's finally over.

Posted By: NMDreams Re: Hip Hop Voting - 11/05/08 03:02 AM
That's a very gracious response, Marshmallow.
Posted By: Marshmallow Re: Hip Hop Voting - 11/05/08 03:05 AM

Let's hope and pray he will surprise us, MEDC.
Posted By: Want2Stay Re: Hip Hop Voting - 11/05/08 03:05 AM
I sat and talked with my son tonight. He is upset about the election results. He KNOWS what this means regarding the things that are important to us. I have felt for years that 9/11 was one of the darkest days in the history of our country. This is worse. Obama will have the ability to shape the Supreme Court for the next few decades. Millions of babies will continue to be slaughtered.

His ability to push through socialistic programs will be unrestrained with the idiots in both houses.

Sorry you feel that way Medc. There is much work to be done to get this country back on the right track. I think this could be a step in the right direction. Change isn't always bad. Only time will tell where his presidency will go.

Want2Stay

Posted By: Want2Stay Re: Hip Hop Voting - 11/05/08 03:09 AM

Yup.

Congratulations to all of his supporters.

I wish you all were doing the congratulating, but I'm glad it's finally over.

I agree with NMD. That was very gracious of you. We've had our go arounds that last few weeks and I must say I learned quit a bit. You should be optimistic about our future. Regardless of what all the claims where you can see a genuine intent in Obama to make our country a better place. Give him a chance to do that before you write off this presidency. He may just surprise everyone.

Want2Stay

Posted By: medc Re: Hip Hop Voting - 11/05/08 03:10 AM
Only time will tell where his presidency will go.

No, I think I can go by his words and past voting history to KNOW where it will go. The changes he brings are contrary to everything my family holds dear.

Sadly, my only hope is that he follows in the footsteps of another president(Harrison) and decides to go without a raincoat during a cold and rainy inauguration speech.

Posted By: medc Re: Hip Hop Voting - 11/05/08 03:12 AM
We've had our go arounds that last few weeks and I must say I learned quit a bit.

As did I. While my memory is very short for the little squabbles that happen on any forum, I have the memory of an elephant for things that truly define a person. I am grateful that this election has afforded me the opportunity to learn more about some here on this forum.
Posted By: medc Re: Hip Hop Voting - 11/05/08 03:14 AM

Let's hope and pray he will surprise us, MEDC.

Unless he becomes pro-life within the next two months Marsh, I will consider this a black day.
Posted By: NMDreams Re: Hip Hop Voting - 11/05/08 03:17 AM
I read this on another forum, don't know where the info came from, so FWIW:
SD abortion ban loses.

Colorado rejects definition of life at conception measure.
Posted By: Revera Re: Hip Hop Voting - 11/05/08 03:33 AM
Let's try and be gracious instead of inflammatory please..
Posted By: Enlightened_Ex Re: Hip Hop Voting - 11/05/08 03:40 AM

Sorry you feel that way Medc. There is much work to be done to get this country back on the right track. I think this could be a step in the right direction. Change isn't always bad. Only time will tell where his presidency will go.

Want2Stay

No, but specific changes ARE bad.

I think everyone here is for change.

The problem is, many are divided on how change should occur.

Let's have some real change.

How about the federal government getting a backbone and saying life begins at conception. I don't want a president who says the answer is above his pay grade for such a critical issue. If it's above his pay grade, then why not just say then let's err on the side of caution and say that until we know otherwise, we will work to protect all human life, born and unborn.

That would be real change.

How about a president who says that most of what the citizens want isn't the role of the federal government. Want healthcare? Great, get a job that offers health benefits or devote a portion of your cable TV/cell phone, coffee budget to insurance. It's not the job of the federal government to provide you with health coverage.

And ditto to the thousands of federal agencies that have sprung up, contrary to the constitution that says powers not expressing grated to the federal government are reserved by the states.

Real change would be for the federal government and the president as the leader of that government to go to work dismantling anything that is not constitutional and sending those responsibilities back to the states to resolve.

I'm not afraid of change. I'm afraid of more of the same. If what we've seen is so bad, why do we want more.

Both Obama and McCain is more of the same. The same has been bad, so wouldn't more of the same be just as bad?

Of course.

Change is good. Neither one of these clowns offers change. Just variations on the same theme. The current choices are Red Same or Blue Same. Both are still the same thing.
Posted By: StillHere2 Re: Hip Hop Voting - 11/05/08 04:15 AM
Sorry cannot contain myself
This is one of the most exciting moments I have ever witnesses.

Simply Amazing ...
Congratulations America ... You did the world proud!!

kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss

hurray hurray hurray hurray hurray
Posted By: NMDreams Re: Hip Hop Voting - 11/05/08 04:24 AM
Senator McCain is making a very gracious concession speech. His supporters can be proud.
Posted By: A_pretty_face Re: Hip Hop Voting - 11/05/08 04:32 AM
Yes John McCain did a wonderful speech!!

congrats to us witnessing history. May Obama do the best he can and just keep his ears open to the people.
Posted By: Lady_Clueless Re: Hip Hop Voting - 11/05/08 04:40 AM
I will constantly be praying for our country, because we will surely need prayers.
Posted By: MrsWondering Re: Hip Hop Voting - 11/05/08 04:42 AM
I too wish to congratulate the supporters of President Elect Obama...

In obedience to God, I will pray for and respect our new President...pray

"I urge, then, first of all, that requests, prayers, intercession and thanksgiving be made for everyone— for kings and all those in authority, that we may live peaceful and quiet lives in all godliness and holiness. This is good, and pleases God our Savior..." 1Timothy 2:1-3

May God Bless America...

Mrs. W
Posted By: jayne241 Re: Hip Hop Voting - 11/05/08 05:16 AM
I am very proud right now, of everyone involved. John McCain, whose speech was very gracious, and truly for the good of the country, to pull together. The voters who saw the person not the color. Barack Obama who has come so far at such a young age, and who seems to be well equipped to work for the good of the people of the United States. A country that can see a peaceful transition of power, peaceful change, as decided by the majority vote. To the people from both sides, who must now pull together, for the good of the country.

Posted By: Marshmallow Re: Hip Hop Voting - 11/05/08 05:17 AM
Senator McCain is making a very gracious concession speech. His supporters can be proud.

Yes, he did. And thank you for saying so.

Barack Obama will be my President.

I will pray for him. And respect the office he will hold.

As a great man once said, "Country first."
Posted By: MelodyLane Re: Hip Hop Voting - 11/05/08 05:24 AM
Amen, Marshmallow. May God Bless our great nation. smile
Posted By: medc Re: Hip Hop Voting - 11/05/08 05:35 AM
I will merely pray that the Lord touches this man and changes his heart.

I sincerely believe it is our duty to our country and to God to resist leadership that is contrary to God's law.

I will give the president elect an opportunity to prove himself worthy of the title of MY president and Christian.

Hopefully, the Lord finds a way into his heart and makes him a leader in which my family can be proud.

As someone else here said. only time will tell.

For those that have doubted the exceptional and balanced news coverage of Fox News, I hope you got a chance to watch their coverage and tonight. Their commentary after Obama's speech redefines gracious.
Posted By: NMDreams Re: Hip Hop Voting - 11/05/08 05:56 AM
You could always consider that Obama won because God wanted him to.

Just sayin'
Posted By: Dancing_Machine Re: Hip Hop Voting - 11/05/08 05:58 AM
WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO-HOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!

HALLELUJAH!!!!!

hurray hurray hurray

I'm not usually one to say, "I told you so"....but....I TOLD YOU SO!!!!!!!!!

YAAAAYYYYYY!!!!!!!! HOORAAAAAAAY!!!

****edit****

dance2

Charlotte
Posted By: medc Re: Hip Hop Voting - 11/05/08 06:05 AM
****edit****

WOW....now that is classy. For those that don't know what the dashes stand for...well, lets just say you wouldn't want to be called that....and it involves your ****edit**** as well.
Posted By: jayne241 Re: Hip Hop Voting - 11/05/08 06:44 AM
I will give the president elect an opportunity to prove himself worthy of the title of MY president and Christian.

WOW....now that is classy.

I am grateful to hear of those who offer their prayers to the President-elect; he and the rest of the country and the world will need it. We've got quite the mess on our hands.

Thank you God for Hope. pray
Posted By: StillHere2 Re: Hip Hop Voting - 11/05/08 06:44 AM

Just sayin'

This seems evident to me. So much came into play, it had to have divine help. Such an unlikely event even 12 mths ago.
Posted By: jayne241 Re: Hip Hop Voting - 11/05/08 06:51 AM
Such an unlikely event even 12 mths ago.

I agree. I didn't think it was possible for someone other than a white male Skulls and Bones Ivy Leaguer to be elected. I'm very thankful that I underestimated how far we've come. Hope is still alive. We may yet be ok.
Posted By: Dancing_Machine Re: Hip Hop Voting - 11/05/08 07:09 AM
****edit****
WOW....now that is classy. For those that don't know what the dashes stand for...well, lets just say you wouldn't want to be called that....****edit****

You're damn right that's what it means. And surely you know the movie from which it came--(and of course: the sequels.)

*************edit************
Charlotte
Posted By: ForeverHers Re: Hip Hop Voting - 11/05/08 10:11 AM

Just sayin'

Everyone must submit himself to the governing authorities, for there is no authority except that which God has established. The authorities that exist have been established by God. Consequently, he who rebels against the authority is rebelling against what God has instituted, and those who do so will bring judgment on themselves. For rulers hold no terror for those who do right, but for those who do wrong. Do you want to be free from fear of the one in authority? Then do what is right and he will commend you. For he is God's servant to do you good. But if you do wrong, be afraid, for he does not bear the sword for nothing. He is God's servant, an agent of wrath to bring punishment on the wrongdoer. Therefore, it is necessary to submit to the authorities, not only because of possible punishment but also because of conscience.

This is also why you pay taxes, for the authorities are God's servants, who give their full time to governing. Give everyone what you owe him; If you owe taxes, pay taxes; if revenue, then revenue; if respect, then respect; if honor, then honor.

Let no debt remain outstanding, except the continuing debt to love one another, for he who loves his fellow man has fulfilled the law. The commandments, "Do not commit adultery," "Do not murder," "Do not steal," "Do not covet," and whatever other commandment there may be, are summed up in this one rule: "Love your neighbor as yourself." Love does no harm to its neighbor. Therefore love is the fulfillment of the law.

And do this, understanding the present time. The hour has come for you to wake up from your slumber, because our salvation is nearer now that when we first believed. The night is nearly over; the day is almost here. So let us put aside the deeds of darkness and put on the armor of light. Let us behave decently, as in the daytime, not in orgies and drunkenness, not in sexual immorality and debauchery, not in dissention and jealousy. Rather, clothe yourselves with the Lord Jesus Christ, and do not think about how to gratify the desires of the sinful nature. (Romans 13)

The people have the leaders they wanted, and God HAS allowed this.

Pray for our leaders and for them to understand that even they ARE answerable to God for the way they use the authority that has been entrusted to them to govern wisely, to protect the innocent, and to lead the nation TOWARD God and not further AWAY from God.

Even so, come Lord Jesus, thy will be done.

Posted By: BringItOn Re: Hip Hop Voting - 11/05/08 11:44 AM
Just a note about occurrences in my children's schools. They did school votes. My 8 y.o. son was upset to note that Obama won by 20 votes in the school. I asked him what would happen if the children were offerred a choice between a piece of cake for lunch or a sandwich for lunch, which would they choose? Obama=cake, McCain=sandwich.

My 11 yo son was accused of being a racist simply because he preferred McCain. edited to add(he's an honors student who follows the news regularly, boy scout, football player, and passionate churchgoer).

I explain the difference between socialists/conservatives to them using the Little Red Hen story.

So much for bringing the country together.

BTW, MEDC, I admire you and FH for living your faith...especially in regards to unborn children.
Posted By: Lady_Clueless Re: Hip Hop Voting - 11/05/08 01:28 PM
I will be unceasingly praying for our country, and ask that others do, as well. Our country needs all the prayer it can get.

I also will be praying for Obama, for I believe that he has placed himself and his soul into very dangerous hands.
Posted By: Enlightened_Ex Re: Hip Hop Voting - 11/05/08 01:40 PM
Like I've said before, I didn't care for either candidate, so I was disappointed after the primaries.

However, trying to be a glass is 1/2 full kind of guy, I see this election as the official end of the excuse that racism, the system, or whatever holds anyone down.

The election of Senator Obama confirms what I believe, that anyone sufficiently motivated can achieve what they set out to achieve, regardless of their race, creed, color, or religion.

Let us reject the excuses of those who say the system is against them. Let us reject the quotas and set-asides that have been a great part in creating division in our nation.

President Elect Obama has proven, by winning the highest office in the land, by gaining a majority of both the electorial and popular vote, that American and even WHITE America is not racist. The victory by Obama proves wrong the Jessie Jacksons, Al Sharptons and others who pimp their old ideas that "the man" keeps them down.

While I don't agree with the Democratic party in many areas, I think this is a historic event, and hope it will be leveraged to end the excuses offered by those who envy the success of others.

One key way President Elect Obama can unite the nation is to send a clear message that the politics of racial division, the politics of economic division, as well as the politics of religious division have no place in his administration, or the Democratic majority in the legislature.

President Elect Obama quoted a Republican from IL last night, Lincoln, regarding unification of the US.

I think it's clear from the outcome last night that neither the Democrats nor the Republicans are a racist political party. I sincerely hope that President Elect Obama works to prove that. I hope he is firm with his party and those that support him that the false assertions that the other party is racist, are stopped from the top down.

President Elect Obama is demonstration that African Americans can achieve in America. It's time for race to no longer be an issue in any regards. No preference, no discrimination. We are all Americans, and President Elect Obama has proven that ANY American can achieve the highest office in the land.

There may be racist individuals, there is no escaping that. But the election of President Elect Obama proves that the majority of America is NOT racist. It's time for those who cite race to motivate and ultimately divide the nation to step down and acknowledge that racism no longer rules America today.

Originally Posted by jayne241

I agree. I didn't think it was possible for someone other than a white male Skulls and Bones Ivy Leaguer to be elected. I'm very thankful that I underestimated how far we've come. Hope is still alive. We may yet be ok.
Posted By: medc Re: Hip Hop Voting - 11/05/08 01:50 PM
BTW, MEDC, I admire you and FH for living your faith...especially in regards to unborn children.

Thank you.

Posted By: medc Re: Hip Hop Voting - 11/05/08 02:04 PM
I think you have made some exceptional points.

There should be an immediate call to end ALL race and gender based schooling/hiring/promotion etc, decisions. Obviously they are no longer needed.

I am not as optimistic as you regarding race as McCain garnered just 1% of the black vote. I am hopeful that this election will show people that they no longer need the crutches of the past.

I will say that the majority of what has happened in the past day has been pretty positive but there is a not so wonderful side to all of this. My GF is a supervisor in a nursing home and needed to let some employees know that even though it is historic day that work still needs to be done. The response she got from a couple of the black workers was that "we don't need to listen to you any more." Sorry, that is not going to fly.

I am sure that the majority of people will put this in the proper context. While I hate that a pro abortion candidate got elected, I am happy that many of the wounds of our past can begin to heal as a result of this election. I sincerely wish it had been another more conservative black that broke that glass ceiling...but it is done. Hopefully people do not use this as a springboard for the type of stupidity referenced above. This election has the ability to either mend some race relations or to polarize people even further.

The KKK and other white supremacist organizations are widely scorned by all races....and that is how it should be. It is time for blacks in this country to recognize the evils amongst their own people and to also show NO tolerance for such behaviors and actions. The type of behavior that was on display after the OJ verdict should never be accepted. The type of attitude that allowed the armed Black Panther Party to stand in front of polling places yesterday should be condemned....and done so widely by the black community. Yesterday it wasn't...it was allowed to stand. And while it did not impact the election...it did leave a fresh stain on race relations.

Posted By: rwinger Re: Hip Hop Voting - 11/05/08 02:06 PM
Like I've said before, I didn't care for either candidate, so I was disappointed after the primaries.

However, trying to be a glass is 1/2 full kind of guy, I see this election as the official end of the excuse that racism, the system, or whatever holds anyone down.

The election of Senator Obama confirms what I believe, that anyone sufficiently motivated can achieve what they set out to achieve, regardless of their race, creed, color, or religion.

Let us reject the excuses of those who say the system is against them. Let us reject the quotas and set-asides that have been a great part in creating division in our nation.

President Elect Obama has proven, by winning the highest office in the land, by gaining a majority of both the electorial and popular vote, that American and even WHITE America is not racist. The victory by Obama proves wrong the Jessie Jacksons, Al Sharptons and others who pimp their old ideas that "the man" keeps them down.

While I don't agree with the Democratic party in many areas, I think this is a historic event, and hope it will be leveraged to end the excuses offered by those who envy the success of others.

One key way President Elect Obama can unite the nation is to send a clear message that the politics of racial division, the politics of economic division, as well as the politics of religious division have no place in his administration, or the Democratic majority in the legislature.

President Elect Obama quoted a Republican from IL last night, Lincoln, regarding unification of the US.

I think it's clear from the outcome last night that neither the Democrats nor the Republicans are a racist political party. I sincerely hope that President Elect Obama works to prove that. I hope he is firm with his party and those that support him that the false assertions that the other party is racist, are stopped from the top down.

President Elect Obama is demonstration that African Americans can achieve in America. It's time for race to no longer be an issue in any regards. No preference, no discrimination. We are all Americans, and President Elect Obama has proven that ANY American can achieve the highest office in the land.

There may be racist individuals, there is no escaping that. But the election of President Elect Obama proves that the majority of America is NOT racist. It's time for those who cite race to motivate and ultimately divide the nation to step down and acknowledge that racism no longer rules America today.

Very good post EE.

We are indeed blessed - to live in such interesting times and see history unfold. One would have never imagined this even a few years ago. However we are in a tough row this decade and the solutions are not easy and America and her ideas still has enemies.
Posted By: jayne241 Re: Hip Hop Voting - 11/05/08 02:59 PM
Y'all don't actually believe that simply because a politician courts the votes of the Religious Right, that they are guaranteed to be following God's will, do you???

There's been a white male Religious Right Bible Belter in the White House for 8 years. Your single issue has not been changed to the way you want it. Meanwhile, how many have died due to wars and terrorists?

Business interests have been the motivating factor in the past 8 years, not prayer. And I thought I was naive.
Posted By: Dancing_Machine Re: Hip Hop Voting - 11/05/08 03:27 PM
Asking him to say what he really feels is a TOS violation? Okay. That's fine. You know why?

Because I woke up feeling bad about it. I was actually going to post to apologize--so...my apologies. I just felt bad because clearly there are a lot of things bothering him and I don't like to see other human beings so tormented--with such pain in the soul.

Charlotte
Posted By: ForeverHers Re: Hip Hop Voting - 11/05/08 04:49 PM
Y'all don't actually believe that simply because a politician courts the votes of the Religious Right, that they are guaranteed to be following God's will, do you???

Of course not, and if you think that's the way anyone thinks, then you don't have a very good understanding of believers.

There's been a white male Religious Right Bible Belter in the White House for 8 years. Your single issue has not been changed to the way you want it. Meanwhile, how many have died due to wars and terrorists?

Not sure, but then the terrorists and the instigators of war have a lot to do with it, unless of course you don't believe that the President is sworn to defend the USA from "all enemies, foreign and domestic."

But since you bring it up, my "single issue" for this campaign was (and there were several other important issues too), and continues to be, the wanton slaughter of MILLIONS of innocent babies. The "liberal left" (since you seem to like labels so much) that includes Barack Obama, has fought tooth and nail to prevent ANY limitation on "abortion on demand." That IS a holocaust that is happening in our own country that is taking the lives of millions. You seem to be so "gloating" about the war and terrorism causualties, and they are regrettable, but how about joining those of us who also want to see the saving of millions of lives of babies? Is that NOT an "issue" worthy of your support?

Business interests have been the motivating factor in the past 8 years, not prayer. And I thought I was naive.

uh huh. "Naivete" has a way of being in the "eye of the beholder" a lot of times.

I also commend the people of the United States for NOT handing the Democrat Party a "veto proof" majority. At least SOME "checks and balances" will remain to hopefully minimize wanton and harmful changes, as was the intention of Founders.
Posted By: princessmeggy Re: Hip Hop Voting - 11/05/08 08:15 PM
I also commend the people of the United States for NOT handing the Democrat Party a "veto proof" majority. At least SOME "checks and balances" will remain to hopefully minimize wanton and harmful changes, as was the intention of Founders.

hurray
© Marriage Builders® Forums