Marriage Builders
Posted By: Bubbles4U Kilted- A question.... - 10/27/10 05:41 PM
Hi there. I have a question or two for you based on this statement you made a while back. I kept thinking and thinking about it.

I have a woman I'm working with where we're starting her out with a 20 minute walk in the morning, 1 set of as many push ups as she can do after, and a set of crunches in the morning and set at night. Each week we up the walk by 5 minutes and we'll add in another walk in the evening. Next month she'll start hitting the gym.

OK, my first question is: How many women do you work with on thier fitness goals and do you get paid?

Next: How does your wife feel about your working closely with women?

Next: How MB is that, working with women on thier fitness goals?
Posted By: kilted_thrower Re: Kilted- A question.... - 10/27/10 06:47 PM
Originally Posted by Bubbles4U
Hi there. I have a question or two for you based on this statement you made a while back. I kept thinking and thinking about it.

Hi, Bubbles. I'm glad to answer any questions.

I have a woman I'm working with where we're starting her out with a 20 minute walk in the morning, 1 set of as many push ups as she can do after, and a set of crunches in the morning and set at night. Each week we up the walk by 5 minutes and we'll add in another walk in the evening. Next month she'll start hitting the gym.

OK, my first question is: How many women do you work with on thier fitness goals and do you get paid?

It depends. At the moment, I�m working with 7 women. 2 of which are online, 4 in person, and 1 I just give her her setup and she follows it. The one you posted about in particular is a woman at my school that recently had her third child, wants to lose some weight, and is horribly out of condition so we�re starting small. I do not work with her in person other than when I see her in passing in the mornings on the way to the classroom.
Of the 7, I get paid by 4.

Next: How does your wife feel about your working closely with women?

She is fine with it. She has my schedule, knows where I�m at, can call at any time, and/or randomly show up at any time. Since the training takes place in a public gym, it�s not uncommon for her to be there anyway working out.
But to answer your question, yes, she is fine with me working with the opposite sex.

Next: How MB is that, working with women on thier fitness goals?

Baited question, perhaps? I�m not sure exactly what you�re trying to get at here. But I will say this�my wife and I use RH and POJA. If my wife were not okay with me working with the opposite sex regarding fitness, I would not do it.

I�d be glad to answer any other questions you have. smile
Posted By: writer1 Re: Kilted- A question.... - 10/27/10 06:57 PM
Just curious Bubbles, but would a male gynecologist be incapable of following MB principles? After all, every one of his patients would be women.

There are lots of professions that involve working with the opposite gender. In fact, most people must work with both genders.

Posted By: Bubbles4U Re: Kilted- A question.... - 10/27/10 07:01 PM
A personal trainer is a vulnerable occupation. Even on MB they talk about this.
Posted By: Bubbles4U Re: Kilted- A question.... - 10/27/10 07:02 PM
Kilted, do you train any men?
Posted By: kilted_thrower Re: Kilted- A question.... - 10/27/10 07:25 PM
A personal trainer is a vulnerable occupation. Even on MB they talk about this.

Well, Dr. Harley believes everyone is vulnerable if the situations are right and we don't have precautions. But I'm not a personal trainer. I prefer the term 'physique coach' smile . Actually I'm a school teacher that has a certain amount of knowledge when it comes to nutrition, training, and physique goals. I don't market or solicit myself.

What's your point though?
Posted By: kilted_thrower Re: Kilted- A question.... - 10/27/10 07:31 PM
Kilted, do you train any men?

Absolutely. All this comes down to how much time do I have and how serious is the individual going to be if I'm going to take my time to help them. I keep my in-person training to no more than 10 since personal training or conditioning or whatnot is not my career. Online training I can do a bit more in numbers since I can do most of my emailing at work.

Bubbles, you're really fishing for something. Is there something specific you want to ask?
Posted By: bitbucket Re: Kilted- A question.... - 10/27/10 07:36 PM
Originally Posted by kilted_thrower

I suspect it's a way of getting back at you for calling her out on a couple of threads yesterday.
Posted By: Bubbles4U Re: Kilted- A question.... - 10/27/10 07:36 PM
Well I admire you for trying to help people reclaim thier fitness! How many men are you training now?
Posted By: kilted_thrower Re: Kilted- A question.... - 10/27/10 08:06 PM
Well I admire you for trying to help people reclaim thier fitness! How many men are you training now?

Thanks for the compliment. I have 3 men I'm training. And I'm working with our varsity guys basketball team on their strength, agility, and conditioning after school.
Posted By: kilted_thrower Re: Kilted- A question.... - 10/27/10 08:11 PM
Originally Posted by bitbucket

I suspect it's a way of getting back at you for calling her out on a couple of threads yesterday.

Prob. It's okay though.
Posted By: MelodyLane Re: Kilted- A question.... - 10/27/10 09:26 PM
[ Since the training takes place in a public gym, it�s not uncommon for her to be there anyway working out.

Bubbles, he is not taking foolish risks with his marriage, so I don't see how it can said this is in violation of MB concepts. Dr Harley, for example, coaches many women and even employs women as part of his career. Even tho KT doesn't do this professionaly, I would put it in the same category.

KT, my hat is off to you for helping others get fit!
Posted By: kilted_thrower Re: Kilted- A question.... - 10/27/10 10:51 PM
Originally Posted by MelodyLane
Bubbles, he is not taking foolish risks with his marriage, so I don't see how it can said this is in violation of MB concepts. Dr Harley, for example, coaches many women and even employs women as part of his career. Even tho KT doesn't do this professionaly, I would put it in the same category.

Thanks, Melody! And you're right, my marriage is extremely important to me so that I wouldn't want to do anything to risk it.

Bubbles, I'm never alone with these women. I don't engage in intimate or relationship conversations with these women. I think she started the thread to bait me into some sort of point out how I'm engaging in negative relationship activities. Of course, I could be wrong.
Posted By: Bubbles4U Re: Kilted- A question.... - 10/28/10 01:34 AM
Just checking Kilted since you have very specific advice to others regarding boundaries, etc. **EDIT**
Posted By: CWMI Re: Kilted- A question.... - 10/28/10 02:33 AM
Originally Posted by MelodyLane
[ Since the training takes place in a public gym, it�s not uncommon for her to be there anyway working out.

****edit****
Posted By: kilted_thrower Re: Kilted- A question.... - 10/28/10 02:35 AM
Just checking Kilted since you have very specific advice to others regarding boundaries, etc.

Of course. My advice is taken from what the program Marriage Builders would say. I don't respond with how I feel or what I would do because that is not what this site is about.

**EDIT**

Actually you were the first to make a judgement call about me regarding women and sexuality. If you can point me to a specific incident where I have lied about you, I will apologize.

LOL...I don't take any of this personallyl. I don't get upset at people on an internet forum. So it doesn't bother me if you leave me alone or not. But when you run around the forum typing responses in big, bold capital letters...why not say something? Drama's only fun in high school.
Posted By: markos Re: Kilted- A question.... - 10/28/10 01:22 PM

Kilted, I have a question, too.

Are you going to top out the number of minutes she is walking at some point, or 32 weeks from now is she going to be walking 3 hours a day? laugh

(I always used to start exercise plans like that and then wonder what I would do when they included an unmanageable amount of time. But I never got far enough along for it to be an issue; I just wasted a lot of time wondering about it, instead of doing it.)
Posted By: kilted_thrower Re: Kilted- A question.... - 10/28/10 01:32 PM
Originally Posted by markos
Kilted, I have a question, too.

Are you going to top out the number of minutes she is walking at some point, or 32 weeks from now is she going to be walking 3 hours a day? laugh

lol...no. We'll get her into doing HIIT (high intensity interval training) which then she will be able to do more work in less time. smile
© Marriage Builders® Forums