Marriage Builders
Posted By: karmasrose Pizza recipes - 06/15/11 11:02 PM
I've been having pizza quite a bit lately and wanted to try my hand at making my own.

So...I guess what I'm asking for is any of your good pizza recipes. Please and thanks. smile
Posted By: Powerbane Re: Pizza recipes - 06/16/11 12:03 AM
Especially a good recipe for crust!
Posted By: HoldHerHand Re: Pizza recipes - 06/16/11 12:06 AM
When I worked in the grocery store, I had quite a few customers who "cheated" on the crust by buying frozen french loaf dough. They would simply work and roll out the bread dough and shape it.
Posted By: karmasrose Re: Pizza recipes - 06/16/11 12:33 AM
That sounds like a cool idea, I'll have to try it. I wanted to try and make my own crust, too, but that was probably a stretch.
Posted By: NeverGuessed Re: Pizza recipes - 06/16/11 02:30 AM
This recipe has served me well in the past:

Pizza Dough for Thin Crust Pizza Recipe - 2 pizzas

INGREDIENTS
� 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour (may substitute whole wheat flour for 1 cup of the all-purpose)
� 1 (1/4 ounce) package active dry yeast
� 1/4 teaspoon salt
� 1 cup warm water
� 1/2-1 tablespoon olive oil
� cornmeal, for sprinkling

INGREDIENTS
1. Mix a little sugar into the warm water.
2. Sprinkle yeast on top.
3. Wait for 10 minutes or until it gets all foamy.
4. Pour into a large bowl.
5. Add flour, salt, olive oil.
6. Combine.
7. Knead for 6-8 minutes until you have a moderately stiff dough that is smooth and elastic (add a bit more flour if you need to).
8. Cover and let rest for 20-30 minutes.
9. Lightly grease two 12-inch pizza pans.
10. Sprinkle with a little bit of cornmeal.
11. Divide dough in half.
12. Place each half on a pizza pan and pat it with your fingers until it stretches over the whole pan.
13. Try to make it thicker around the edge.
14. If desired, pre-bake at 425 F for 10 minutes (I don't always do this).
15. Then spread with pizza sauce and use the toppings of your choice.
16. Bake at 425 F for 10-20 minutes longer or until bubbly and hot. Makes 2 12-inch pizzas.
17. If you don't want to use all the dough, you can freeze it.
18. Take a portion of dough, form into a ball, rub olive oil over it and place it in a freezer bag (the oil makes it easier to take out of the bag).
19. When you want to make a pizza, take dough out of freezer and allow thawing before using.
Posted By: Trix Re: Pizza recipes - 06/19/11 01:04 AM
I make a sourdough pizza crust with just sourdough starter, flour, sea salt, and water. (the starter is refreshed overnight then the dough is built over the course of the day until dinner time.

I like a simple Margherita Pizza. I put a pizza sauce, sliced tomatoes all over the top, olive oil, and mozzarella cheese or a combo of a few cheeses sometimes. (sometimes some extra fresh crushed garlic)

I build the pizza on a pizza peel then bake it a the highest temp my oven goes which is 555. After is comes out of the oven I put fresh sweet basil on the top so every slice will get some.

Other topping ideas: prosciutto, mushrooms, eggplant, roasted peppers...etc.

© Marriage Builders® Forums