Marriage Builders
Posted By: Logans_Run What are you thankful for? - 11/22/12 03:37 AM
As we all start to get ready for the holiday season, I wanted to share some things that I am thankful for.

Finding MB. This has been instrumental in my personal recovery and aiding my plan for my future. My marriage will not recover, but I will not only recover but I will thrive.

My support system, in real life and my friends here at MB. Without everyone's help, guidance, and prayers, I could not have progressed on my path as I have.

My children. They are my biggest blessing in life. They give me strength to be a better parent. I feel so honored to be their mom.

I am employed.

I have my health.

Finding my faith.

There are many more things that I am greatful for.

What are you thankful for?

Posted By: Jedi_Knight Re: What are you thankful for? - 11/22/12 03:43 AM
Everything you mentioned.
Posted By: NeverGuessed Re: What are you thankful for? - 11/22/12 04:38 PM
What are you thankful for?

Well, somewhat in order:

My bride
Our Family
Our extended families
Our faith
Our circle of friends
The general health of the folks above
Our country (Yeah, including Texas!)
Our bountiful lifestyle
Our vocations
This site
The colleagues hereon
The knowledge I have gained over a lifetime
The knowledge I have yet to gain
The Yankees
The Mets again finishing worse than the New York Yankees
Posted By: MelodyLane Re: What are you thankful for? - 11/22/12 04:47 PM
I have to say that I have been blessed IMMENSELY by our Lord. Beyond my wildest dreams. Here are some of the things I am most grateful for:

The Lord
my husband
great marriage
wonderful son
Dr Bill Harley
a job that I love with wonderful coworkers
friends and family
being a TEXAN grin
a sound mind
DVR
cops who give warning tickets instead of speeding tickets
Ipad
Posted By: CWMI Re: What are you thankful for? - 11/22/12 05:36 PM
I am most thankful this year to have friends who completely disagree with me on politics and religion but are not total nutters about it, and that I have friends outside of my demographic who do not consider me to be more or less than them just because we're different.

My husband and I agree politically, but we do differ (a little) theologically, and I am thankful that we have found a church that meets each of our needs without harming the other. I am thankful such a place exists.

But yeah, mostly this season I am thankful to know people who can engage in intelligent debate about differing opinions without resorting to the disgusting name-calling.

Posted By: tccoastguard Re: What are you thankful for? - 11/22/12 07:10 PM
Originally Posted by CWMI
My husband and I agree politically, but we do differ (a little) theologically, and I am thankful that we have found a church that meets each of our needs without harming the other. I am thankful such a place exists.

This is so important; very happy for you!
© Marriage BuildersĀ® Forums