Marriage Builders
Posted By: nmwb77 Mike Pence's marriage rules - 03/31/17 09:53 PM
Has Dr. Harley mentioned the brouhaha over the Vice President's rule of not dining alone with women other than his wife? Seems a lot of people out there are very uneducated about the nature of affairs, because a lot of people are criticizing him.
Posted By: HoldHerHand Re: Mike Pence's marriage rules - 04/03/17 10:48 PM
It just gave those who favor identity politics to level accusations of sexism.

Per articles available, it is based off of Billy Graham's "Modesto Manifesto" and instructions from Paul to Timothy to "Flee youthful lusts."

It certainly provides a very public example of good marriage habits... a teachable moment.
Posted By: markos Re: Mike Pence's marriage rules - 04/04/17 02:23 AM
Originally Posted by nmwb77
Has Dr. Harley mentioned the brouhaha over the Vice President's rule of not dining alone with women other than his wife? Seems a lot of people out there are very uneducated about the nature of affairs, because a lot of people are criticizing him.

I haven't heard him mention it, but I might have missed it. I did see some articles about it. I thought it was weird that they characterized this as a "Christian" thing, because I don't know very many Christians who would follow rules like that.

I also scoffed at a lot of the objections, as if somehow it would be important for Pence to need to meet alone with female foreign leaders without his wife present. I'd rather he have a good marriage, and as far as I'm concern, anything a man needs to know on my behalf, his wife may know as well. Truly bizarre that most people don't see it that way, but of course, most people don't know beans about how to have a good marriage.
© Marriage BuildersĀ® Forums