Marriage Builders
Posted By: ex_princess six years since divorce final - 09/12/07 03:50 AM
It hit me really hard today, as I recall I was in my attorney's office signing papers in the morning, and heard "the news" as I entered my vehicle to get to work.

My ex-husband took his own life last week.

I am so bursting at the seams with emotions I don't know what to do from one moment to the next.

****EDIT*****
Posted By: daybreak Re: six years since divorce final - 09/12/07 04:02 AM
x buttercup--
we've been here about the same amount of time, my divorce will be final 5 years in a month. It's hard to believe that that much time has gone by.

I am sorry that you are struggling right now, I wish I knew what to say to make it better for you.

I am also sorry at the loss of your x husband, even if he was your x it is hard when some takes there own life, he was the man that you loved at one time.

I pray that someone here tonight is able to say words that will help you to find some peace.

God Bless you,
Dawn
Posted By: newly Re: six years since divorce final - 09/12/07 12:50 PM
XPB,
Wow, I'm so sorry for your family now. May God bless you and your children through this difficult time.
Posted By: Bellevue Re: six years since divorce final - 09/12/07 02:53 PM
Oh, my God, I am so sorry. Thankfully nothing like that has happened to me, i can only imagine the emotions and the aftermath you are dealing with. And the future fallout, and comforting your kids...... (((((((xpbuttercup)))))
Posted By: Immovingon Re: six years since divorce final - 09/12/07 03:13 PM
xpbuttercup,

I'm so sorry, will be praying for you and your children!

((((hugs))))
Posted By: Anna2000 Re: six years since divorce final - 09/13/07 03:08 AM
BP, I am so sorry. I am sure many memories are flooding back. I will pray for you and your family!

Anna
Posted By: Greengables Re: six years since divorce final - 09/13/07 02:40 PM
Ditto.
Posted By: maw64 Re: six years since divorce final - 09/13/07 06:10 PM
Oh I am so sorry..... I have been around a long time also don't really post alot but my divorce will be final 5 years in a few days... but I am so sorry for your loss - suicide is a horrible thing - my best friends husband did it in the midst of their divorce three years ago and then my neighbor across the street took his life on Fathers Day this year... there is no reason - it is so sad... And I can only imagine how you must be feeling... Just be there for your children - and hope that he is in a better place and at peace now...
Posted By: *^aeri^* Re: six years since divorce final - 09/14/07 07:50 PM
I know it isn't quite the same, but I found out after I was married to someone else for 2 years that my X cheated on me with a woman before we were separated. My H doesn't understand why it effected me emotionally. I had to explain to him that although I'm divorced from my X, I still remember trusting him back then. KNowing that he was unfaithful is as heartbreaking now as it would have been then.

I suspect that you feel terrible because he was still the father of your children and you can't forget the good times (as little as there may have been)...

I hope your H can understand why you're reeling with so much emotion...I understand and I feel for you.

(HUGS)
© Marriage BuildersĀ® Forums