Marriage Builders
Posted By: daybreak Help!!!! I want to do something nice - 12/30/08 12:14 AM
John and I have been visitng for about a month now, every day a number of times a day via email, texting and phone calls.

Meeting has to wait for a little bit which is fine!

He is moving to a new location this weekend 5 hours from his home to become the new middle school principal in a little tiny town of 1K. I wanted to send something to him to start this new job/adventure off. There are no flower shops or anything like that in this town or any where near this town.

He loves diet coke and we had a big discussion on it the other day, so I found the phone # for the grocery store and called the owner/manager and asked if they would deliver a case of diet coke and cookies to John on Monday, she agreed. I am to send her a check and a card to go with the case of diet coke, but now it all seems stupid and I can't think of anything to write on the card that is cute and clever, He always says he likes my sense of humor and he is one of the few people that get it!!!

Soooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo HELP me write something!!! Please!!
Dawn
Posted By: Greengables Re: Help!!!! I want to do something nice - 12/30/08 12:21 AM
Maybe just sign your name and not write anything at all. After all, diet coke and cookies are pretty cool. If I can think of something clever, I'll let you know.
Posted By: daybreak Re: Help!!!! I want to do something nice - 12/30/08 12:35 AM
Thanks, I have to do this first thing in the morning and have to go do a lockin at church with 40 + kids tonight!!! UGH!!!!

Dawn
I think it is an awesome idea - shows your ingenuity in locating the local grocery store and arranging for the delivery. That, in itself, is clever all on it's own.

I think just signing the card with your name is fine - the thought behind the gift says it all!

Laura
Posted By: cinderella Re: Help!!!! I want to do something nice - 12/30/08 05:01 PM
That or say something general....like, hope you have a great first day....wishing you a great start on a new job...something vague like that.
Posted By: daybreak Re: Help!!!! I want to do something nice - 12/30/08 08:49 PM
Thanks for the help!!

I signed...

John Best Wishes on your new adventure!

Dawn
Posted By: cinderella Re: Help!!!! I want to do something nice - 12/30/08 09:09 PM
Excellent! Well Done!!
Posted By: daybreak Re: Help!!!! I want to do something nice - 12/31/08 12:15 AM
Thanks Cin,

I haven't talked with John in 3 days, his daughters are visiting and we had agreed that kids come first and I told him that I would be here when he got back, but this sucks!!!! frown

Trying to be patient, either way I sent the sodas to a friend!!!
Dawn
© Marriage BuildersĀ® Forums