Marriage Builders
Posted By: abe123 anti-spying methods - 10/05/11 12:10 AM
What type of anti-spying methods have been utilized? I believe my wife is possibly involved in a revenge affair(s) with someone who is technically savvy. Playing spy may be the attraction, in fact. I'm limited because I've agreed to be transparent myself.

For instance, is there a way to fake Google latitude results, so that alternate locations appear? Locations appear too specific to be accidental.

Additionally, is there a way to quickly wipe/edit a SMS card on a voice activated DV recorder so that only certain segments of video remain?

Is there a way to monitor home phone conversations from remote locations without physical apparatus (i.e., pen logger)?

Is there a way to monitor cell conversations without physical access to install spyware?

I see "asterisk" symbols on her phone, as if there was some kind of VOIP service installed, so call records?, but no files.

Trying to install spyware seems to result in "bricking" the phone.

Apparently, I'm involved in spy v. spy, hacker stuff, and as has been noted I'm not a professional and kinda exhausted and sick of "catch me if you can."

Any ideas?
Posted By: SugarCane Re: anti-spying methods - 10/05/11 12:28 AM
You hired a PI, but that seems to have been late last year, and he found nothing.

You are pretty convinced that she is having an affair. If you hire PI to follow her now, he will find something if she is having an affair. It sounds as if they are meeting during during her lunch breaks. A PI will discover this.

I did see a post here about remote installation of spyware, but when I clicked the link, it wasn't the case; you had to get hold of the phone to install the spyware. It is my view that it would be illegal to sell equipment that would allow you to monitor a phone that wasn't yours, since such monitoring is itself illegal almost universally. Therefore, I don't believe that any such equipment is available in the USA or UK (where I am).

I believe the same to be true for remote monitoring of dwellings. It would be illegal to sell such stuff in the USA, because it is illegal to monitor interactions that you are not part of.

Do digital recorders have a SIM card? I thought they had a hard drive - and yes, it is possible to wipe sections of audio from a hard drive.

About the GPS: I'm very ignorant, but is it possible for her to leave the phone somewhere - and not be there herself? Eg, she leaves it in her desk at lunchtime and visits OM without it? Or could she be giving it to a girlfriend to keep for her?

I don't know about the other questions.
Posted By: MelodyLane Re: anti-spying methods - 10/05/11 12:53 AM
Originally Posted by abe123456
Apparently, I'm involved in spy v. spy, hacker stuff, and as has been noted I'm not a professional and kinda exhausted and sick of "catch me if you can."

I would hire a PI. If she is having an affair, he will find it. And I would not suggest being transparent with someone you suspect is in an affair. That makes no sense.
Posted By: abe123 Re: anti-spying methods - 10/05/11 12:58 AM
Thanks, for the advice! I'm still having trouble trusting my intuition and deciphering whether I am projecting/looking for an excuse to exit, like she claims, or whether she is gaslighting/mindf'ing. I don't want to be chasing windmills forever.

Sorry, actually, it was DV video recorder, and meant SD card.

I've heard of remote monitoring using mobile cell "towers," but I agree about legality.

On the GPS google maps, she is in 2 different locations at the same time. For instance, at her work at 4:21 pm and then in her hometown in a different state at 4:22 pm. This happens repeatedly, but only when she is at work. Can't tell if its just punishment meant to stump me for trying to monitor her by a good samaritan, or evasive behavior meant to cover her tracks, or both.

Posted By: maritalbliss Re: anti-spying methods - 10/05/11 01:04 AM
I'm limited because I've agreed to be transparent myself.

Stop this.
Posted By: SugarCane Re: anti-spying methods - 10/05/11 09:19 AM
Originally Posted by maritalbliss
I'm limited because I've agreed to be transparent myself.

Stop this.
Just an FYI, and I don't do this to disparage abe12345, but he did have a year-long workplace affair himself, which as far as I can tell only ended in early 2010. His wife eventually saw his emails to OW and made him move out for a while. Obviously she was devastated by the affair, and demanded transparency from abe12345 after that.

This doesn't justify her alleged revenge affair, but it does make the situation harder, and it explains his having to make a commitment to transparency.
Posted By: MFJ1974 Re: anti-spying methods - 10/05/11 11:45 AM
yes, it is easy to alter Google gps.

Hire a PI.
Posted By: Doormat_No_More Re: anti-spying methods - 10/07/11 09:00 PM
Google GPS from my phone also often says I take trips to a destination 6 hours away over my lunch break. It's just a hole in the cell signal, the GPS relies not just on GPS but cell phone towers and if one is acting up, you're boned.

GPS magnetically installed inside the bumper on the car is a much more reliable option.
Posted By: abe123 Re: anti-spying methods - 10/07/11 09:32 PM
Agreed. OK, but in her hometown? On the 5 yard line of a high school football stadium?
Posted By: SugarCane Re: anti-spying methods - 10/07/11 11:06 PM
Originally Posted by abe123
Agreed. OK, but in her hometown? On the 5 yard line of a high school football stadium?
abe, you know why this is. Stop discussing why it might be happening when you know why it is happening. She's having an affair.

Hire a PI to follow her at lunchtime.
Posted By: JBD Re: anti-spying methods - 04/25/15 11:23 PM
Look for medium sized (about the size of a credit card) or even large (the size of a hockey puck), magnets. I have even seen ones lately that are seriously, full blown electro magnets, used for degaussing tape, etc., and they work just great on EVERYTHING digital, video, audio, and especially anything that has to "broadcast" as in WIFI. Shuts it all down. Most people have no real reason to have such a large magnet in there vehichle, but especially not an electromagnet. For the magnet to work, they have to get really physically close to the equiptment you are using to screw it up, or erase the card. The electromagnet, that is NOT the case. Merely turning it on should/may do they job. Quite a few cars now have the 12V cigerette lighter/adaptor, not just on the front dashboard, but the backseats, and SUV's have them even in the cargo section in the back. They plug one in back there, ALL your measures to see what is happening are history. So while you may not be able to figure out what is going on, if you see those things, you at least know that there IS something going on, that you or anyone else is NOT supposed to know about. Maybe that will help.

Quick ad on to this. THEIR cell phones wont work with these things on either, UNLESS they have a fantastically shielded unit (which is so unlikely), but they can stop the car and get out to use it, or just turn it off, make a call, and turn it back on. Just a thought, if you were still wondering why nothing was working.
Posted By: sissysunbeam Re: anti-spying methods - 05/18/15 01:14 AM
***EDIT***
Well, keep us up-to-date.
Posted By: Toujours Re: anti-spying methods - 05/18/15 01:48 AM
Please familiarize yourself with Marriage Builders before posting.
© Marriage BuildersĀ® Forums