Marriage Builders
Where can I go to find a marital counselor who uses the Marriage Builders method? Is there a list anywhere on the website where I can look?
Originally Posted by AmorMojo
Where can I go to find a marital counselor who uses the Marriage Builders method? Is there a list anywhere on the website where I can look?
Welcome to Marriage Builders. Would you like to share your story?

I would call the coaching center here for the best results. Coaching Center

Then the next best thing is to follow this. How To Find a Good Marriage Counselor

I hope this helps.
Originally Posted by BrainHurts
I would call the coaching center here for the best results. Coaching Center

Then the next best thing is to follow this. How To Find a Good Marriage Counselor

I hope this helps.

For best results do you mean use the Coaching Center instead of seeking another counselor, or that the Coaching Center can refer me to another counselor that uses the MB method?

I've already read the link about finding a counselor. That's why I asked about finding another counselor. We ended our other marital counseling because the therapist didn't use the MB method, and I felt the therapist's method wasn't helping.
For the best results I would call the coaching center. They have the best success rates in saving marriages.

Most "marriage counselors" do not know how to save marriages.
Use the coaching center here or the online program. Much of this program goes against traditional counseling methods, it will be very difficult to find a therapist who would use it in its entirety.

We had one 'therapist' advise us that the solution for me not trusting my husband because he'd lied so many times was for my H to leave me because a person should just not have to live with someone who does not trust them! Um, how about being honest? Think that would solve the issue a little more efficiently than breaking up a home with four children?? Lol, it is funny now...

We ended up using the coaching center for six months, HUGE difference, and still married! And happily so!
I would use the Marriage Builders counselors. Marriage counselors are so destructive to marriages, that I would never trust my marriage to one. Every day we have someone come on this forum reporting some crazy, destructive advice from a counselor. I am sure there are sme good ones out there, but they are a small minority.
Originally Posted by AmorMojo
I've already read the link about finding a counselor. That's why I asked about finding another counselor. We ended our other marital counseling because the therapist didn't use the MB method, and I felt the therapist's method wasn't helping.

We went through several of those. We finally got much better results from using the Marriage Builders accountability program and the coaching available from MB. In fact, some of our best results came simply from listening to Dr. Harley's free Marriage Builders radio show.

Dr. Harley has a book for counselors on how to counsel couples using his methods. I'm not aware of any counselors using his methods unmodified, although some people here have taken that book to a counselor and asked if they'd be willing to use it.
**EDIT**
© Marriage BuildersĀ® Forums