Originally Posted by maritalbliss
Originally Posted by StayingStrong32
It's not that I think the forum is to "tough", I just think there's a difference between a support group and a group that laughs at you because they think you're in "denial", redicules you for having any level of trust, attempts to turn you against the marriage you're trying to save, and then insults you if you don't take their advice. Maybe that's the way you long-timers roll. Frankly, I really can't see myself in this forum 5 years down the road ridiculing everyone who is struggling with infidelity, telling them how stupid and gullible they are, and trying to convince them to submit their WS to a polygraph. But, if that's what floats your boat, then so be it. Kindof pathetic if you ask me.

Kill the messenger, not the message. Not everyone has...um, shall we say 'tact'? Read PAST the emotion of the posts and absorb the message. Everyone here is in various stages of dealing with a crushing blow. We have different ways of expressing that. Keep reading.
hug ss

Oy vey. I just re-read my response. Hang on a sec - I'll take care of this myself :::maritalbliss twoxfour :::

Okay. What I should have said better is this:

You are in a new land. It's called Affair Land. In Affair Land the terrain is completely different than any terrain you have ever navigated. And it's going to require you to look at things in very different ways. You've got to keep your mind open and available to a new way of looking at your world. The people on here have been in Affair Land for awhile - some for many years, others for many months. You will do well to listen as we help you navigate this new place. And that's what we're trying to do - HELP you. Sometimes a new arrival doesn't want to hear unpleasant things - hey, you're hurting, we know that. We've got that - we're right there with you. Keep reading. You'll get to know us, know the way we write, and you'll learn a lot. Stay here.

D-Day 2-10-2009
Fully Recovered and Better Than Ever!
Thank you Marriage Builders!