The only contention I would have with you on your final points, FH - is that a believe would know that God is in all things. ALL things. For a believer, the acknowledgment of the Lord is done within - "Thank you Lord, for this lesson."

Simply because something is not evangelical does not mean it is not of God. Nor does outward piety make something Godly:

�And when you pray, do not be like the hypocrites, for they love to pray standing in the synagogues and on the street corners to be seen by men. I tell you the truth, they have received their reward in full. But when you pray, go into your room, close the door and pray to your Father, who is unseen. Then your Father, who sees what is done in secret, will reward you."

The more something or something tries to tell me of their piety and righteousness, the less I believe it.

"An expert is a person who has made all the mistakes that can be made in a very narrow field." - Niels Bohr

"Smart people believe weird things because they are skilled at defending beliefs they arrived at for non-smart reasons." - Michael Shermer

"Fair speech may hide a foul heart." - Samwise Gamgee LOTR