Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
J
OP Offline
J
In 1975, Dr. Harley authored a book "Get Growing, Christian!"
Although I don't think it is available from Marriage Builders website, it can be purchased from Amazon for as little as $4 including shipping.

The book is described as "A Practical Guide to Mature Christian Living."

Would anyone be interested in studying through this book with me?
I've skimmed through it and it contains a great plan for increasing one's faith and showing love towards others.

Here is a link to purchase copies of this book from Amazon:
http://www.amazon.com/gp/offer-listing/0912692510/ref=sr_1_1_olp?ie=UTF8&qid=undefined&sr=8-1&keywords=get+growing%2C+christian+by+willard+harley&condition=used

Due to copyright laws, if anyone is going to participate in this study you will need to get a copy of the book because we can't post more than brief excerpts here.

I'll leave this up for the rest of September and if you want to participate please post and order the book ASAP so we could start in October!

J
OP Offline
J
[Linked Image from s28.postimg.org]

Last edited by Jedi_Knight; 09/18/14 09:48 PM.
L
L
I ordered this book yesterday from Amazon, based on your recommendation of the book. (And besides, we both really enjoy Dr. Harley's perspective on life through his writings.) My H and I will work through the chapters together and he agreed that it would be a great idea for me to post our thoughts on each chapter on the forum. I'll let you know when the book arrives.

Married 1980
DDay Nov 2010

Recovered thanks to Marriage Builders
Z
Z
Hi,
I'd like to participate, there is a kindle edition and I'm wondering if it's the same? It's called " Let's get growing Christians" . Let me know otherwise I will order the other.
Thanks
Zo

BW -me 57
Ex-WH-him 62
Married 32 years
2 grown children
D-Day 06-08-2014
D-Day #2 07-11-2014 asked WH not to come home.
In Plan B as of 7-28-14
D-Final 7-23-15
J
OP Offline
J
Originally Posted by Zoloft
Hi,
I'd like to participate, there is a kindle edition and I'm wondering if it's the same? It's called " Let's get growing Christians" . Let me know otherwise I will order the other.
Thanks
Zo

I looked that up and it is not the same book.
The book you found was published in 2003.
"Get Growing Christian" was published in 1975.

J
OP Offline
J
I sent a message to the moderators (hopefully they will forward to Dr. Harley) asking for guidance on this.
I was unaware of the book published in 2003 and it appears to be a revised edition of the 1975 book.

Z
Z
Okay thanks Jedi_Knight,
Zo

BW -me 57
Ex-WH-him 62
Married 32 years
2 grown children
D-Day 06-08-2014
In Plan B as of 7-28-14
D-Final 7-23-15
Z
Z
Originally Posted by Jedi_Knight
I sent a message to the moderators (hopefully they will forward to Dr. Harley) asking for guidance on this.
I was unaware of the book published in 2003 and it appears to be a revised edition of the 1975 book.

Hi Jedi_ Knight, any word from the mods?
Zo

BW -me 57
Ex-WH-him 62
Married 32 years
2 grown children
D-Day 06-08-2014
In Plan B as of 7-28-14
D-Final 7-23-15
J
OP Offline
J
I have not heard anything from the upper echelons of the Marriage Builders organization.

I can only assume that since it was written so many years ago, it may be due to a copyright or similar issue.
However, I've also noticed that the recent book he authored with jennifer Chalmers is not on sale on the MB website either.

Is anyone else interested in participating in this study of Get Growing Christian! ?
If so, please say so.
It's a great book that will change your life!

L
L
I am interested and, although it took two weeks for my book to reach me, I have had it in hand for a week now. I've never actually done a study online before - just group studies that meet weekly.

Shall we just read the first chapter and then discuss? A few pages at a time? My H says he will read it with me and add his ideas and thoughts, although he's not a poster.

Married 1980
DDay Nov 2010

Recovered thanks to Marriage Builders

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 894 guests, and 66 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Mike69, petercgeelan, Zorya, Reyna98, Nofoguy
71,829 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation