Hello Teocognito, it appears she did not like the role of caretaker. I can't imagine any person who would. She didn't sign up for that. In your long post, I see a lot of self pity but absolutely no awareness or concern about her happiness. People want a life partner who makes them happy and complements their lives. FRom what you describe, I can only imagine she was very unhappy. What was there for her in this relationship?

She didn't have an affair, she is not married to you. You are both free agents.

My suggestion to you would be to get your life pulled together so you become an autonomous person who could be a viable candidate for a woman. Women don't want a man they have to support. Get your depression under control, get a job and start managing your life. You have checked out of life and it is time for you to check back in. Start taking responsibility for yourself. Get your own apartment and start supporting yourself.

We can help you do this. And if you get your life in order, you might be able to win her back. If not, you could be a viable candidate for another woman. But you have to get on your feet to do that. You are a grown man now.

"It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena.." Theodore Roosevelt

Exposure 101