Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
C
OP Offline
C
I have been doing some investigating into things that may enable me to keep precise records of our conversations with ow. I thought that some of the things I found may be of use to others here, possibly those who continue to have serious well-founded suspicions about ws's having inappropriate contact with ow/om. <BR>The Edge Company, at <A HREF="http://www.edgeco.com," TARGET=_blank>www.edgeco.com,</A> sells recording devices that your phone discreetly plugs into that tape all incoming and outgoing calls at your home or business. The devices themselves are small enough so that they can be easily hidden. Some of them even record by sending remote signals to the machine at another part of the house. They also sell video cameras disguised as alarm clocks, etc. All that I have seen range from about 50 to 200 dollars. The website shows some select items like this, but the catalogue itself has a much wider selection.<BR>I would never encourage anyone to break the law (unless it was absolutely convenient, ha, ha!) so check with your state communication laws first.<BR>In Pennsylvania, for instance, as long as one of the two parties knows they are being recorded, or if you are recording calls on your own phone line, it is ok. Another way to get by in PA is to have the recording device emit an audible beep every five seconds. This is supposed to make the other party aware that they are being recorded, so if they talk with the signal on, you have their implied consent to be taped. (If they ask what the noise is, though, you can't lie and say it's something else. you have to say its a recording device.) I know this stuff from working for the private security business where all calls in and out were recorded at all times.<BR>I'm not suggesting that it would be fair or right for people to "spy" on their spouses, but had I known about this stuff then, I could have confirmed my suspicions a lot earlier, and I would have had more peace of mind about my h's actions during the first few weeks thatt we were back together. also, I could have had a better record of all the many many things ow did to harrass me and h after he was through with her. Also, I guess it's true that even a chronically wandering spouse has a right to privacy, but the betrayed spouse has a better right to knowing if he/she is being exposed to venereal diseases, etc. These days, its not just your peace of mind that's at risk, it can be your very life.<BR>Anyway, I'm just throwing this info out there in case anybody might have use for it.<p>[This message has been edited by cdcollins (edited February 15, 2001).]

G
G
Thanks cd I'm going there now!<P>------------------<BR>Imagine....

C
OP Offline
C
Note to catnip: They also - inthe catalogue, I'm not sure about the website - sell devices that detect whether your phone is being tapped.<BR>Most of the stuff of interest on the website seems to be in the personal privacy category, but like I said, the actual catalogue is a lot better.<BR>cd

C
C
Thanks for the 'heads up', cd, but pretty soon we will just have a cell phone and get rid of the standard phone. We aren't saying anything anyway that could be damaging to us-they can listen if they want...they might learn that we were telling the truth all along. What a concept.<P>However, I wish I would have had a 'bug' a couple years ago. I would have learned a lot faster what was going on and perhaps even circumvented the Dallas trip at Thanksgiving that makes me a fixture on this site...<P>Catnip =^^=

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 1,079 guests, and 45 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Mike69, petercgeelan, Zorya, Reyna98, Nofoguy
71,829 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation