Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
A
alias Offline OP
OP Offline
A
I had an idea.<P>What if we tried to incorporate quotes from the MB materials when we respond...<P>for instance, a hurting BS posts about the injustice of having to be the Giver all the time, and we post a link to the Giver/Taker article in addition to our advice/opinion.<BR>Or we would use our books and give Title and page numbers. <P>We will probably be blasted by some who tend to think that we are MB clones, or Harleyites, (a D99 accusation) but we are survivors, so we can take it. <P>See, IMHO, the problem stems from those who think that the instructions when you first register are for everyone else. Therefore, they don't read before they give advice.<P>I'm guessing many newbies come here desperate for help, so they post for chat instead of doing their MB homework.<P>Does that make any sense? <P>Sorry I rambled, I'm having insomnia/panic problems this week.<P>lizpearl<p>[This message has been edited by alias (edited May 01, 2001).]

N
N
Great idea that I've been trying to incorporate into my replies...<P>I have the following links on a WP document and I just copy and paste what is needed:<P><A HREF="http://www.marriagebuilders.com/forum/Forum29/HTML/000553.html" TARGET=_blank>General Welcome</A><P><A HREF="http://www.marriagebuilders.com/graphic/mbi7000_counsel.html" TARGET=_blank>Counsel Link</A><P><A HREF="http://www.marriagebuilders.com/graphic/mbi8113_ab.html" TARGET=_blank>What Are Plan A and Plan B</A><P><A HREF="http://www.marriagebuilders.com/graphic/mbi3400_lovebust.html" TARGET=_blank>Love Busters</A><P><A HREF="http://www.marriagebuilders.com/graphic/mbi3300_needs.html" TARGET=_blank>Emotional Needs</A><P><A HREF="http://www.marriagebuilders.com/graphic/mbi3500_policy.html" TARGET=_blank>POJA</A><P><A HREF="http://www.marriagebuilders.com/cgi-bin/Ultimate.cgi?action=intro&BypassCookie=true" TARGET=_blank>Forum Listing</A><P>It looks neato, and serves a fantastic purpose...<BR><P>------------------<BR>~Sheryl<BR>(a bit worse for the wear, but hanging in there)<P><B>Life <I>is</I> difficult</B>.<BR><I>The Road Less Traveled</I><BR>~M. Scott Peck

K
K Offline
K
Sheryl,<P>I've been seeing your newly-learned talents, and I'm impressed.<P>I'm very bad---I always write my responses from scratch, and bounce around cutting and pasting addresses. I should make a cheat template up too. I just never bothered---after all, how often do I post??<P> [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com]

S
S
Liz......<P>Breathe..........breathing is best for panic...<P>anything we can help with??<P>I love your idea..I've been doing just that..well, cutting and pasting from the articles I feel apply, then posting them...the materials really need to be read...I agree, many use this place, but don't read or apply the principles...<P>the tools learned here will not have an impact if they are not practised...or if they asre ignored altogether..<P>I see all to often that someone has been posting for a little while, <I>then</I> asks what plan A or B is, what are LB's, etc....<P>come on, people, treat it like homework....print it out, or take notes, then go home, and apply it!!!<P>((((((((((((((lizzie))))))))))))<P><BR>Dylan<BR>(who went to behaviour therapy for her panic attacks)

N
N
<B>Liz</B>, <P>Having been on Xanax for some time too -- could I just have one disorder at a time please? -- I understand the panic all too well...<P>...and the insomnia is worsening it, I'm sure. Are you taking anything or seeing your doc about this?<P>Sending love and hugs!!<P><B>K</B>, <P>I don't su-pose you've noticed the counseling link with recommendation too... yeah, I've listened to you and agree that the Harley's are the way to go if you want to save your marriage {lordy, lordy, that's hard to write! [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com]}. A few weeks ago, when David and I were still being friendly, we talked about how the counselors we went to stunk. They were real good at telling us how to fix each of us, but not "us" together. <P><B>Dylan</B>,<P>Just HI [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com]<p>[This message has been edited by new_beginning (edited May 01, 2001).]

W
W
My Godd buddy on the boards sent me his cheat sheet a very long time ago [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com]<P>It has been a valuable asset!!<P>I agree with Alias about putting quotes or links to back up what we share...<P><B>K</B> How have you managed for lond with out a cheat shet!! I tried to cut and paste and got supremely lost!! LOL<P>Bill

S
S
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by alias:<BR><B><BR>See, IMHO, the problem stems from those who think that the instructions when you first register are for everyone else. Therefore, they don't read before they give advice.<P>I'm guessing many newbies come here desperate for help, so they post for chat instead of doing their MB homework.<P>Does that make any sense?<BR></B><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P><B>Liz</B>,<P>I think you've stated the problem in a way which is both eloquent and concise. I usually feel it necessary to admonish people to read the concepts whenever I first post to them, as it generally appears that they have not.<P><B>K</B>,<P>I too have admired Sheryl's newfound talents. You have to admire someone who, having asked for information, listens and puts it to work.<P>Like you, I tend to start from scratch each time. I'm INTP, and I'm blaming my inefficiency on my personality type [Linked Image from marriagebuilders.com]. I tend to like starting something or solving a new problem. OTOH, cleaning up or the discipline to administer something efficiently tends to elude me.<P>Basically, I view the Harley principles as being like a game plan in football. We're like position coaches, offering encouragement and suggestions to people about how to better carry out their assignments. Too often everyone wants to write their own game plan, whether or not they are qualified.<P>Sometimes departures from the plan are warranted. If someone knows the plan, but wants to make an intelligent argument as to why their situation requires an exception, I'll listen. However, laziness and unwillingness to read the plan does not constitute a good reason to make an exception IMO.<P>Excellent topic, Liz.<P>Steve<BR><p>[This message has been edited by StillHers (edited May 01, 2001).]

Moderated by  Fordude 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 1,079 guests, and 45 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Mike69, petercgeelan, Zorya, Reyna98, Nofoguy
71,829 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation