Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#1461490 08/27/05 07:49 PM
B
OP Offline
B
having trouble figuring out to post here hopefully this is it. looking for answers hoping someone can help me. so peeps really survive affairs. h cheated after 11 years terrified it will happen agin or is still going on. have moved back into house after 2 an half month separation. petrified here that i will not know what is goin on . please someone give me advice on how to handle this . thanks in advance

S
S
Purchase and read "Surviving an Affair". It's a book by Dr. Willard Harley, founder of this site. It will give you a look at the dynamics of an affair and how marriages become vulnerable. This is your first step, and right now, the most important step.

Start at the home page and read all you can here about this program, and read some of the threads on this forum. The more you know about this program, the better prepared you wiil be to employ it, and the better your results will be.

Sorry you have a need to be here, but its a great place to start surviving an affair.

You may want to post on the General Questions II forum, as it is busier than this one. The weekends are typically slow, but during the week you'll normally get several responses.

Best wishes,
SD

BH - me 53, ONS 1979
FWW - 51, 2 EA's, 1 PA
Last D-Day, Sep. 30, 2003
Last Contact/recovery began 2-26-04

***You can do anything with time and money...but remember...money won't buy you time!***
T
T
First, welcome to marriage builders. I am sorry you have found yourself here, but this place has saved my marriage more than once. Second, you should know that things really slow down on the weekends and at night...so replies could be slow. Also, to get more experienced advice, post on the general questions board.

Now, about your post. I am glad that you are home. Couples that separate have the hardest time recovering, being at home with help you and your H recover better.

Also, read as much as you can on this site. Not just the message boards( although you wil find a wealth of information here from both sides) but all the articles and everything else. You may also want to buy some surviving affairs books. Of course the people on here push the Harley's book, but there are many other good ones out there. One that really helped me was "Not Just Friends" by Shirley Glass, and "After the Affair" by Janis Abrahams Spring. Both helped me see what my H might have been thinking and things I might have done to encourage it, and also, things to help me move past it.

All of us here have the same fears you have, and only you can decide if he can be trusted. Many of the stories you hear here will match yours precisely. It will amaze you the "script" that WS follow. You need to make sure that your H's actions are now an open book. He should "report" to you on all he does and any email accounts/passwords he has. He needs to let you look at the phone bill, and history on the computer( install a keylogger if he refuses these things). He needs to prove to you that there is NO CONTACT..and maybe even send a no contact letter if there still is. He needs to tell you whatever you want to know about the details of the affair...no matter what. But, be careful, somethings you might find out and wish you hadn't. As for me, I know every single detail that I can.

Hope this helps alittle.

Again, read, read, read, and post on here as much as you need to....it REALLY helps.

I wish you the best.

True

truetoself #1461493 08/27/05 11:07 PM
B
OP Offline
B
thanks so much for the info. everyday is a new day at this point. my h still works with the other w which makes it hard for me. im trying to be stronger but still feel so much anger that this could happen to us. i will read all info i can get my hands on . thanks agin an good luck to u also

B
B
Sorry, but he can't work with the OW. That needs to change. As long as they are working together, recovery will be impossible.

Let him know that you need the safety of them not working together. He needs to find another job. Don't let this go on and on.

Moderated by  Fordude 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 777 guests, and 67 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil
71,838 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation