Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#1729169 08/11/06 07:22 PM
A
ashymom Offline OP
OP Offline
A
My husband moved out 2 wks ago. He has been in an adulterous relationship for about a month and a half. He now tells me, by email, that he would like to start incorporating the OW in my 4 yr old daughter's life. He says that he understands that I want him to take some time before doing this, but he feels he has. I live in CO. Is there anything I can do legally to keep this from happening? I'm going to sit down and try to talk him out of it tonight, for my daughter's sake. He doesn't realize what he could do to her in the long run if he follows through with this. He says that he is just making me aware of his desires. The man has gotten everything he desires thus far. When do I get what I desire? The selfishness makes me crazy!!!

S
S
From my SIL's experience, the answer is No, at least in IN. She was told there wasn't anything she could do to keep OW away from DS's unless the OW had a criminal record. I would suggest looking into OW background. I know here it's public record.
Otherwise talking sense into him is all you have. He needs to understand that your DD has to have time to deal with your H moving out. Maybe you should ask H to wait 2 months and you can discuss the subject again.

W
W
Are you considering divorce if so here is what I have done it is a hard road but if you have a good lawyer and a old school and moral judge it will work?

What I did was file for emergency temporary custody of my son and what my stipulations were
a. I have full custody
b. She has visitation with conditions
a. Every other weekends
b. Tuesday and Wednesday 4:30-7:30
c. And the big one she is not allowed to have anyone of the opposite sex with her when she is with my son (I told the judge that I believe that the child was at a impressionable age and that what she was doing was unmoral and it could hurt him mentally long term and cause unnecessary emotional stress on him.

Hope this helps but depending on your state you will have to file for divorce at the same time but some will do it on legal separation terms also.

"Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take but by the moments that take our breath away" Author unknown

Moderated by  Fordude 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 1,079 guests, and 45 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Mike69, petercgeelan, Zorya, Reyna98, Nofoguy
71,829 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation