Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 14 1 2 3 4 13 14
M
M
I'm not sure Carrie KNEW he was MARRIED to Natasha when she was with him at that time....

Still doing my research..

YOU MUST UNDERSTAND HOW CRUSHING THIS IS TO A "CARRIE" FAN... crazy

I made it happen..a joyful life..filled with peace, contentment, happiness and fabulocity.
M
M
YES, Big cheated on Natasha w/Carrie. She came home & ran out, Carrie ran after her wishing to apologize or something, and she fell down the stairs.

You see there, I don't think Carrie knew that Big was still married or something like that...

I made it happen..a joyful life..filled with peace, contentment, happiness and fabulocity.
M
M
Originally Posted by mimi_here
I'm not sure Carrie KNEW he was MARRIED to Natasha when she was with him at that time....

Still doing my research..

YOU MUST UNDERSTAND HOW CRUSHING THIS IS TO A "CARRIE" FAN... crazy

She did know Mimi...She and Big talked about it quite often...I am POSITIVE of this...

Mrs. W

FWW ~ 47 ~ Me
FBH ~ 50 ~ MrWondering
DD ~ 17
Dday ~ 2005 ~ Recovered

M
M
these are people I "know" & have "known" for a long time.

EXACTLY!!! smile

B
B
I THINK..I'm pretty sure...he broke up with Carrie and MARRIED Natasha...she didn't know he was the marrying kind...he kept refusing to MARRY her...which broke Carrie's heart and she still went back to him...since she felt he had learned his lesson...that he REALLY loved her...

OHHHHHHHHHHHH

I get it Mimi - he had a relationship with Carrie (GF) then he MARRIED Natasha so him cheating on Natasha with Carrie wasn't adultery? SO he gets a get-out-of-jail free card because she was once his girlfriend?

Me: 56 (FBS) Wife: 55 (FWW)
D-Day August 2005
Married 11/1982 3 Sons 27,25,23
Empty Nesters.
Fully Recovered.
J
J
YES, Big cheated on Natasha w/Carrie. She came home & ran out, Carrie ran after her wishing to apologize or something, and she fell down the stairs.

You see there, I don't think Carrie knew that Big was still married or something like that...

Aaaah, yes, she did. They usually met up at hotels, etc. Yep, definitely no mistake there. She said all the time how wrong it was, etc...

LIFE IS GOOD
M
M
Well, I still LOVE Carrie and HATE "NATASHA"..ACTUALLY the OW's name in my situation...

I HATE YOU, NATASHA!!!

I just now realized that Big's Wife had that name...

N
N
I have been there since day 1 as well......

Mimi....why aren't I surprised you have a bit of Carrie in you. Me, I more of a Charlotte girl myself....lol

Now, Big and Carrie WERE dating before. He didn't marry her, went to Paris, met Natasha, and married her. Came back to NYC, him and Carrie started up again. She DID feel guilty during all of this (big time play to the ADDICTION stuff on here if you ask me....). Natasha did catch them, Carrie saw herself being the "other woman" and ended it with Big. She also lost Adian to this. Big and Natasha divorced, Natasha's doing. So is Big and Carries M an AFFAIRAGE????

I personally say no, because Big did not D Natasha to be with Carrie.....it happened MANY YEARS LATER WHEN BOTH WERE FREE TO DO WHAT THEY WILL.....

I understand the whole Hollywood glorifying affairs thing we all hate, but I TRULY do not believe that that was done in this case.....

not2fun

M
M
This saves me some money on the movie...

Now, "LIFE WILL NEVER BE THE SAME"..having to let Carrie go down in flames...LOL..Boo-hoo..

Of course, I can't be supportive of her anymore...

But, I STILL HATE YOU, NATASHA!!!

N
N
oh come on Guys.....its a movie....besides we all know LOTS OF PEOPLE here LOVED "Unfaithful"....especially Diane Lane's part.....

not2fun

M
M
Charlotte huh, Not2?

You keep your WILDNESS hidden....

Yep, I've been known to SAVOR visits to my CLOSET...

B
B
Originally Posted by not2fun
I personally say no, because Big did not D Natasha to be with Carrie.....it happened MANY YEARS LATER WHEN BOTH WERE FREE TO DO WHAT THEY WILL.....

I understand the whole Hollywood glorifying affairs thing we all hate, but I TRULY do not believe that that was done in this case.....

I personally don't think anyone can ever marry an affair partner and not have it considered adultery.

D-Day August 2005
Empty Nesters.
Fully Recovered.
N
N
This saves me some money on the movie...

Now, "LIFE WILL NEVER BE THE SAME"..having to let Carrie go down in flames...LOL..Boo-hoo..

Of course, I can't be supportive of her anymore...

But, I STILL HATE YOU, NATASHA!!!

Read my post MIMI.....it gives you a little more insight......Yes Carrie did wrong, but she did try what she could to "right" it.....even though as a BS myself, I am not sure a BOW can do that.....

not2fun

B
B
oh come on Guys.....its a movie....besides we all know LOTS OF PEOPLE here LOVED "Unfaithful"....especially Diane Lane's part.....

That was a great movie - the OM was killed by the BH.

Carry on.

D-Day August 2005
Empty Nesters.
Fully Recovered.
M
M
I'm not really taking all this SERIOUS by the way..

J
J
Mimi - 7, 8 years? And you just write her off? Surely you sat thru that episode??

It's TV folks. Glorified, fantasy, TV & now a (great!) movie. Their marriage is an affairage...yep, a fake, made-for-TV, pretend, not-real-but-we-love-it, affairage.

And look how they blossomed over the years. Even Samantha settled down - and REFUSED to cheat - and then Carrie thought Miranda should take Steve back...all this is very different from the group who started the series in their 30s!!

Ah, well.

LIFE IS GOOD
N
N
Charlotte huh, Not2?

You keep your WILDNESS hidden....

Yep, I've been known to SAVOR visits to my CLOSET...

And why, oh supreme GODDESS, does THAT not surprise me?????

Wildness hidden??? Maybe.....

Prim and Proper???? sometimes.....ok maybe a lot.... blush

Infertility problems???? nope....

But I can so RELATE to her....and I have always just LOVED her character.....though I do love Carrie as well..... wink

M
M

YEAH!! I HATE NATASHA!! Tried to get to her plenty of times..could have ended up like THAT MOVIE!!

D
D
I have been there since day 1 as well......

Mimi....why aren't I surprised you have a bit of Carrie in you. Me, I more of a Charlotte girl myself....lol

Now, Big and Carrie WERE dating before. He didn't marry her, went to Paris, met Natasha, and married her. Came back to NYC, him and Carrie started up again. She DID feel guilty during all of this (big time play to the ADDICTION stuff on here if you ask me....). Natasha did catch them, Carrie saw herself being the "other woman" and ended it with Big. She also lost Adian to this. Big and Natasha divorced, Natasha's doing. So is Big and Carries M an AFFAIRAGE????

not2fun

I'm with you, not2. This is what I remember as well because Carrie was so freaked out when she found out Big got married.

I thought I had remembered the wrong thing until you piped in.

Charlotte (NOT derived from SATC Charlotte. LOL!!)

N
N
Originally Posted by bigkahuna

Carry on.

Big K....

That is NOT the reason I have seen around here why people like that movie.....I did see and I loved it before all of this.....but now it takes on a whole new meaning for me. Besides, I know that they watched it together... sick

ok....back to SITC.....sorry I still love it....

not2fun

Page 2 of 14 1 2 3 4 13 14

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 481 guests, and 59 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil
71,838 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation