Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 18 of 20 1 2 16 17 18 19 20
M
M
Originally Posted by TryTooHard
Originally Posted by MelodyLane
I asked you if he is pro-abortion and you never answered!

Oh, sorry, I missed that post.

You know what Mel, I'm not taking that bait. I believe we're all pretty clear on where he stands on the issue of abortion. You define choice, or abortion or whatever, however you like.

Next you'll want to debate what the meaning of "is" is.

It was an honest question, there was nothing baiting about it. You asked me if I would vote for McCain if he chose Leiberman and I asked if Leiberman is pro-abortion. I honestly do not know, so that would form my answer. It was not a trick.

My answer is this: if his VP choice is pro-abortion then I will not vote.

My rule is that I will NEVER vote for a democrat or a pro-abortionist.

"It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena.." Theodore Roosevelt

Exposure 101

M
M
Originally Posted by medc
Melodylane is a gun toting democrat. Guess that makes her liberal with an attitude. :RollieEyes:

Bite yer tongue, Mister! I am a gun toting Libertarian/conservative. locked and loaded baby! laugh

"It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena.." Theodore Roosevelt

Exposure 101

M
M
Thorned Rose...

Can you please explain to me exactly how it is that McCain is not still an active adulterer?

Seriously, how can you believe that what began as an affair can ever be anything but an affair? crazy What is the statute of limitations on an affair exactly TR?

Honestly, what great news for all active waywards though! Just get married! VOILA! POOF! Adultery GONE!!! All is LEGIT!!! No Harm, No Foul!!! I simply cannot stomach that...sick

See John McCain was not released by God to go and marry again...God still held McCain to his convenant with Him...As a WS who divorced, he was to remain single lest he be committing adultery against Carol - until her death...So no matter who he married it would have been adultery...that is what I take from scripture...That he married the OW that ended his marriage just makes it even more sick to me...

Affair marriages...UGH... puke

Mrs. W

FWW ~ 47 ~ Me
FBH ~ 50 ~ MrWondering
DD ~ 17
Dday ~ 2005 ~ Recovered

M
M
Can you please explain to me exactly how it is that McCain is not still an active adulterer?

Seriously, how can you believe that what began as an affair can ever be anything but an affair? What is the statute of limitations on an affair exactly TR?

Honestly, what great news for all active waywards though! Just get married! VOILA! POOF! Adultery GONE!!! All is LEGIT!!! No Harm, No Foul!!! I simply cannot stomach that...

See John McCain was not released by God to go and marry again...God still held McCain to his convenant with Him...As a WS who divorced, he was to remain single lest he be committing adultery against Carol - until her death...So no matter who he married it would have been adultery...that is what I take from scripture...That he married the OW that ended his marriage just makes it even more sick to me...

Affair marriages...UGH...

Mrs. W

HIGH 5 ^

Now WE'RE talking...

I made it happen..a joyful life..filled with peace, contentment, happiness and fabulocity.
M
M
This is the point of this thread...how can anyone truly know where McCain stands on anything...as an continuing unrepentent adulterer he REMAINS a known liar and cheater. He can't be trusted...period.

EXACTLY!!

I think you mispoke here as I have heard Obama state clearly that he believes marriage is exclusively between a man and a woman.

EXACTLY!!

I just HAD TO SAY....

I made it happen..a joyful life..filled with peace, contentment, happiness and fabulocity.
M
M
Ignoring the slaughter will not make it go away.

NOR will electing a "PRO-LIFE" President make the "slaughter" go away..IT WILL CONTINUE..but under WORSE CONDITIONS....

I think that's THE REALITY of it...

F
F
Oh, and I'm a heavily-involved father of two, with a third on the way. I'm a friggin' expert.

uh huh.

I have to wonder, Krazy, what you would do if your wife decided that she didn't want to raise another child nor spend additional "family" resources on another child, and decided to have the "third on the way" terminated?

What would YOU DO then?

Remember, you have NO rights in the "reproductive rights" issue that you argue for. It is entirely the choice of the woman, and the woman alone, no matter what you might want or believe. So what would you do if "reality came home to roost?"

"I'd like to know when you guys are going to take action.

Voting is not an appropriate reaction to a child being murdered right now."

What WOULD you do?

F
F
Therefore, he is currently in an affairage with the AP he had during his marriage to Carol.

No, Krazy, he is not in an "affairage," which is a term coined by one of the members on MB who happens to believe that the only way someone in such a marriage could show or actually be repentant for adultery would be to DIVORCE their current wife.

John McCain is in a MARRIAGE, no matter what anyone wants to call it or whatever moral judgment they want to assign to it.
Even the "law of the land" recognizes it as a legitimate marriage. And as we all know from previous posts on this thread, the "law" trumps everything else, even if it is a "bad law," right?

And it's also an interesting "tidbit" that his ex-wife supports him and thinks he would make a great President, and SHE IS a Betrayed Spouse, just as many who go on and on about an "affairage" being "unredeemable" and incapable of being forgiven.

What difference does it make if he had divorced 20 wives and married 20 women? He still killed no one in order to "get what he wanted."

F
F
This "logic" can be (and has been) used by every single WS to justify their affairs. I personally do not give a rat's butt as to why someone decided to cheat; they are still a cheater.

I'm sure your wife would be comforted by that.

Certainly does do away with any notion of "forgiven."

Plays havoc with reestablishing "equality" in the marriage.

Interesting logic though, I have to admit.

M
M
uh huh.

I have to wonder, Krazy, what you would do if your wife decided that she didn't want to raise another child nor spend additional "family" resources on another child, and decided to have the "third on the way" terminated?

What would YOU DO then?

I'm just wondering, Forever.

What do YOU think he SHOULD do?

F
F
I think you may have to rethink the DNA thing. My son's complete DNA is living and growing in a test tube somewhere and he has been in the ground for several years now. Since the genome project was completed and chromosomal markers for certain childhood disease have been found that are similar to adult onset iron storage diseases like Lewey body, Alzheimer's, Parkinsons and ALS, the stems cells and DNA of many have been collected to help researchers understand and find treatments for the genetic aberrations involving glutamate and the blood-brain barrier. By your definition my son is still a full blown human being.

Pieta, I am very sorry about your loss.

But you are taking something out of context and attempting to apply another meaning to it than what was said.

The "context" was a Fertilized Egg (i.e. the "moment" of conception) when the two strands of DNA combine to form the double helix of a NEW person containing half of the mother's and half of the father's DNA. I would no more ascribe the test tube incubation of cells FROM a person as BEING the person they came from than I would ascribe your ARM as "being you." Your arm would BE a "part of you," but not YOU.

Now, it might be possible to extract the nucleus from a cell and replace the nucleus in an egg, and that would result in a CLONE of the original if it could be done (which it probably could be today, assuming one could find a willing "surrogate womb" in which it could be "incubated"). But it would NOT be the "same person" anymore than identical twins who carry the same DNA are the "same person."

F
F
I'm just wondering, Forever.

What do YOU think he SHOULD do?

mimi, it doesn't matter what I think. He posited the scenario that anyone who didn't want a baby killed by abortion should step in and stop it, even if it took killing those involved in the abortion procedure.

I am inquiring, given his statement, what HE would do when the issue came home and got personal for HIM.

I don't want to presume to tell him what to do, I want to know what HE would do, since he presumed to tell abortion opponents what he thought THEY should do.

M
M
Originally Posted by mimi_here
Ignoring the slaughter will not make it go away.

NOR will electing a "PRO-LIFE" President make the "slaughter" go away..IT WILL CONTINUE..but under WORSE CONDITIONS....

I think that's THE REALITY of it...

We do know that we won't make the slaughter go away if we elect a pro-abortion candidate.

But that is not the main point. It may take years to overturn that abomination called Roe v Wade. The main point is to choose a man of CHARACTER, and one's stance on abortion is a litmus test of one's character and intelligence. A man who would support an act as savage as abortion is not fit to lead anyone because he is corrupt.

Exposure 101

M
M
Originally Posted by mimi_here

What are the "WORSE" conditions you speak of? What could be "worse" than being slaughtered? dontknow

Exposure 101

M
M

Worse conditions...what could be worse than being quartered, dissected or having your brains sucked out. Oh, that's right...the murdering mommy having something bad happen to her as a result of her act!

There is NO substance there Mel...it is all sound bite and head in the sand.
Can't look at pictures...yuck. Don't look at what you are supporting....come up with some ridiculous logic to support a candidate that is as unchristian as possible...and pretend it isn't because of race.

Yuck.

Last edited by medc; 08/22/08 08:23 PM.
M
M
Mimi, do you feel we should worry if the conditions are nice enough for a woman to kill her unborn child?

REALLY?

Is that REALLY what you meant to say? dontknow

Exposure 101

M
M
You're FUNNY, MEDC..Really...You'd be surprised how COMICAL I find you to be... rotflmao

M
M
This is heartbreaking to watch.

Exposure 101

M
M
Mimi, do you feel we should worry if the conditions are nice enough for a woman to kill her unborn child?

REALLY?

Is that REALLY what you meant to say?

I DO worry about the CONDITIONS for MANY of these women...That's just ME..who I am ...what I believe in..MY POINT OF VIEW...

MANY are ANQUISHED about what they are doing and what they have done...

BUT, my MAIN POINT HERE IS... ABORTIONS WILL CONTINUE..which is YOUR MAJOR CONCERN...

They WILL CONTINUE..under WORSE CONDITIONS..

M
M
This is heartbreaking to watch.

A lot on this forum has been HEARTBREAKING for ME to WATCH lately...UTTERLY HEARTBREAKING....

Page 18 of 20 1 2 16 17 18 19 20

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 454 guests, and 81 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil
71,838 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation