Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 16 of 20 1 2 14 15 16 17 18 19 20
M
M
Originally Posted by MyRevelation
Originally Posted by Krazy71
Originally Posted by Marshmallow
Bill O'Reilly isn't conservative either.

You're joking, right?

Kind of a "clue" into the quality of their position ... wouldn't you say???

Or the quality of Krazy's.

M
M
I think my son hit the nail on the head.

T
T
MyRevelation]

Amendment 14 - Citizenship Rights. Ratified 7/9/1868. Note History

1. All persons born or naturalized in the United States, and subject to the jurisdiction thereof, are citizens of the United States and of the State wherein they reside. No State shall make or enforce any law which shall abridge the privileges or immunities of citizens of the United States; nor shall any State deprive any person of life, liberty, or property, without due process of law; nor deny to any person within its jurisdiction the equal protection of the laws.

In all of this debate, the central question comes down to when someone becomes a "person" as used in the bolded portion above. Obviously, the mother is already a "person" under that definition, so we get back to when to define the unborn fetus as a "person".

To do so at any time prior to seperation would deny the mother "equal protection of the laws" by assigning a superpriority of rights to the unborn fetus superior to those of the mother.

Therefore, to be consistent with the constitution, the unborn fetus can not be assigned rights as a "person" until it is a seperate entity.

Hmmm, then what of those babies that Survive the knife and poisons of the abortionist that come out of the womb living and breathing yet, are left to die, merely because the mothers did not want them?? And in many cases the FATHERS were not even given a choice in the matter, and thus didn't KNOW about the abortion or that it was taking place???? The father IS NOT GIVEN THE OPTION TO RAISE THE CHILD!! They are in FACT LEFT TO STARVE until they are dead..thus killing a child..

Those whom Obama agreed should be left to die by not signing a Bill protecting those children???

Simul Justus Et Peccator
“Righteous and at the same time a sinner.”
(Martin Luther)
K
K
Originally Posted by MyRevelation
Originally Posted by Krazy71
Bill O'Reilly isn't conservative either.

You're joking, right?

Kind of a "clue" into the quality of their position ... wouldn't you say???

Or the quality of Krazy's.

You won't even address my position.

Divorced
M
M
your position is ridiculous and doesn't warrant a serious reply. Suggesting that people need to murder others to prove their opposition to abortion shows the absolute weakness of your argument.

Listening to these pro-abortion folks makes me think that dealing with WS and OW/M is not such a big deal. At least they are not advocating killing people...they're just screwing them. I would sooner sit down to dinner with an active WS than to break bread with an abortion supporter.

Last edited by medc; 08/22/08 10:35 AM.
M
M
Originally Posted by ThornedRose
Hmmm, then what of those babies that Survive the knife and poisons of the abortionist that come out of the womb living and breathing yet, are left to die, merely because the mothers did not want them??

To be consistent, as soon as they are born and seperate from the mother, then they are US citizens granted the same rights and protections as the rest of us.

This really isn't that hard to understand and apply as long as you keep personal and religious biases out of it.

I am a Obama supporter and will vote for him in November, but that doesn't mean that I agree with ALL of his positions, just most of them and see him as the candidate that best represents me on the issues that I consider the most important.

I have my opinions about the abortion issue, but it isn't even in my top 10 of "most" important issues facing this country. Based on the comments of others, they feel differently ... that's why they make both chocolate and vanilla ice cream.

T
T

Interesting that people ignore this tidbit of truth in the overall scheme of things..concerning his first marriage..

Carol fell into his fast-living world by accident. She escaped a poor upbringing in Philadelphia to become a successful model, married an Annapolis classmate of McCain’s and had two children – Douglas and Andrew – before renewing what one acquaintance calls ‘an old flirtation’ with McCain.

She was married to his classmate before she married him..and he adopted HIS two children, so what happened to her first husband when she married him?? Had he died? Or did she abandon him to marry McCain?

Simul Justus Et Peccator
(Martin Luther)
M
M
I have my opinions about the abortion issue, but it isn't even in my top 10 of "most" important issues facing this country. Based on the comments of others, they feel differently ... that's why they make both chocolate and vanilla ice cream.

Wow.

You weren't kidding about taking "emotions" out of the debate, were you?

Making the comparision between choosing to put whether a nominee for President supports INFANTICIDE as important or not, to choosing what flavor ice cream you prefer is stunning.

K
K
Originally Posted by medc
your position is ridiculous and doesn't warrant a serious reply. Suggesting that people need to murder others to prove their opposition to abortion shows the absolute weakness of your argument.

I'm not suggesting that you commit murder to prove your opposition to abortion. I'm suggesting that you commit murder, if necessary, to stop babies from being killed.

Those babies cannot defend themselves. If a toddler was being abducted, you'd help. If a teenage girl was being raped in an alley, you'd help.

If a baby is being ripped apart, you'd......vote for John McCain?

Listening to these pro-abortion folks makes me think that dealing with WS and OW/M is not such a big deal. At least they are not advocating killing people...they're just screwing them. I would sooner sit down to dinner with an active WS than to break bread with an abortion supporter.

It's not "pro-abortion". It's called "pro-choice". I don't go around calling pro-lifers "anti-freedom".

Then you should shake the hand of an "abortion supporter" for helping you overcome the pain of infidelity.

Divorced
K
K
Interesting that people ignore this tidbit of truth in the overall scheme of things..concerning his first marriage..

Carol fell into his fast-living world by accident. She escaped a poor upbringing in Philadelphia to become a successful model, married an Annapolis classmate of McCain’s and had two children – Douglas and Andrew – before renewing what one acquaintance calls ‘an old flirtation’ with McCain.

She was married to his classmate before she married him..and he adopted HIS two children, so what happened to her first husband when she married him?? Had he died? Or did she abandon him to marry McCain?

Irrelevant, unless she runs for office.

McCain is still an active WS, even if his 1st wife was a WS herself.

Divorced
T
T
Krazy71

Actually, no he's not, he and his first wife divorced, and he remarried..thus he is no longer in AN AFFAIR.

Even scripture recognizes divorce as the ending of a marriage, and even allows for people to marry someone else..and no where does Scripture say a person MUST divorce a current spouse and go back to the former spouse in order to show repentance..It does however, speak AGAINST going back to a former spouse once a divorce and remarriage or even death of the new spouse have taken place.

Simul Justus Et Peccator
(Martin Luther)
N
N
While I understand your complaint, but why do you think that is?

Why did they get the 'get out of jail free card"? Why didn't THEIR parents make them take responsibility? Why didn't the priest? How do you know these boys didn't try and fight it? How do you know they were 'for' the abortion? or even the adoption? How do you know they weren't forced into accepting it?

First off, I didn't intend to come off confrontational......just stating that the situation is not always that the father wants the baby (in MOST of the situations *I* know of, they truly didn't want the baby )........I was simply advocating more influence from parents and society @ sex and responsibility.
But, 'My" life experience has shown me that it is not common for the boy to want the child OR take responsibility.

I KNEW the boys I referred to AND their families......and THAT was the problem I was talking about...... In "MY" life experience, most (not all) the families took the position that boys will be boys and try to get laid and it's the 'girls' responsibility to not let that happen. (my own family was like this and so was my H's).
I knew some boys who did step up to the plate and whose families did not shield them from responsibility.......but, still, IF the priest found out who the father was the boys got to continue w/ school and graduate......the girls got expelled.
What kind of message did that send ??

Last edited by nia17; 08/22/08 11:52 AM. Reason: typos
K
K
Krazy71

Actually, no he's not, he and his first wife divorced, and he remarried..thus he is no longer in AN AFFAIR.

Even scripture recognizes divorce as the ending of a marriage, and even allows for people to marry someone else..and no where does Scripture say a person MUST divorce a current spouse and go back to the former spouse in order to show repentance..It does however, speak AGAINST going back to a former spouse once a divorce and remarriage or even death of the new spouse have taken place.

Uh, McCain was sleeping with Cindy before he divorced Carol. That explains why he married Cindy one month after his divorce from Carol was final.

Therefore, he is currently in an affairage with the AP he had during his marriage to Carol. It's no secret, and I hope that if he tries to "swift boat" Obama, it comes back to bite him in the [censored] big-time.

Last edited by Krazy71; 08/22/08 11:32 AM.

Divorced
T
T
nia17

I KNEW the boys I referred to AND their families......and THAT was the problem I was talking about. too. In "MY" life experience, most (not all) families took the position that boys will be boys and try to get laid and it's the 'girls' responsibility to not let that happen. (my own family was like this and so was my H's).

Even with as liberal as my parents were, they let my brothers know IF they got a girl pregnant they WOULD be responsible for the child!!

My parents married because my mother was pregnant, and even years later have been adamant that even IF abortion were legal in the 60's they still would not have opted for abortion.

I knew some boys who did step up to the plate and whose families did not shield them from responsibility.......but, still, IF the priest found out who the father was the boys got to continue w/ school and graduate......the girls got expelled.
What kind of message did that send ??

That fathers are NOT important in the lives of their children and that they have no say and should not be held responsible.

And that priest failed to do his job in holding these boys accountable for their sin, and that he failed not only the girls but the boys, and their children and the rest of the flock under his charge.

Simul Justus Et Peccator
(Martin Luther)
T
T
Krazy71;

Uh, McCain was sleeping with Cindy before he divorced Carol. That explains why he married Cindy one month after his divorce from Carol was final.

The key being AFTER his divorce was final..

In that the divorce WAS FINALIZED He was no longer committing adultery..even IF he never married her and continued to have sex with her, at that point it would have been two single people having sex without the benefit of marriage..(still a sin) but NO Longer considered adultery, no matter how you slice it..

Simul Justus Et Peccator
(Martin Luther)
N
N

Nia couldn't be further from the truth. She is just buying into the stereotypes about men. Another by-product of the feminzazi movement

?????
further from the truth about what???

I was talking about *my* personal experience......period. Trust me, Not all guys want to be fathers and are responsible like you.
Honestly, I know quite a few who were/are real [censored] about taking responsibility for a life they helped create.
I know there are good guys out there too are and I am not part some movement to take anything away from them......I was simply trying to make a point (stating some true life experiences, not stereo-types).
I'll try again.... I feel parents (at least the ones in *My* circle) need to start teaching their sons that casual sex and "getting laid' isn't something to aspire to........it isn't a game and they don't need to play w/ any girl who will let them.......and there will be consequences even if they are not the ones who can get pregnant.

K
K
Krazy71;

The key being AFTER his divorce was final..

In that the divorce WAS FINALIZED He was no longer committing adultery..even IF he never married her and continued to have sex with her, at that point it would have been two single people having sex without the benefit of marriage..(still a sin) but NO Longer considered adultery, no matter how you slice it..

That's not how it is on THIS site. It doesn't matter if a WS divorces his/her spouse. As long as they are with the AP, they are in an AFFAIR. If they marry the AP, it is called an AFFAIRAGE.

Are we going to change the rules for good ol' boy McCain?

Heck, maybe his affair was justified...I mean, who gets turned on by a cripple, anyway? Plus, Cindy was probably hot a quarter century ago.

Divorced
T
T
Krazy71;

That's not how it is on THIS site. It doesn't matter if a WS divorces his/her spouse. As long as they are with the AP, they are in an AFFAIR. If they marry the AP, it is called an AFFAIRAGE.

Are we going to change the rules for good ol' boy McCain?

Maybe by some on this site, but not by all..but even then I look at what Scripture says, and scripture doesn't teach that..

Heck, maybe his affair was justified...I mean, who gets turned on by a cripple, anyway? Plus, Cindy was probably hot a quarter century ago.

I'm sure Cindy was a nice looking lady years ago, after all she was a Swimsuit Model.

But, Who said anything about it being justified?

I just don't believe it is right to hold a person's sin against them, thats not for me to do, that is for God to deal with IF they are unrepentant, and just because a person is repentant doesn't mean they divorce a current spouse and go back to a former spouse, as that goes against Scripture.

Are you going to hold your spouses affair against them forever?
or are you going to forgive so that you can actually SAVE your marriage and move forward?

Should your spouse never forgive you for the sins you have committed against them?? What kind of marriage would that be??

Simul Justus Et Peccator
(Martin Luther)
N
N

Even with as liberal as my parents were, they let my brothers know IF they got a girl pregnant they WOULD be responsible for the child!!

interesting.......my father wasn't liberal or democrat, but he made it clear to me that IF any girl was stupid enough to let herself get pregnant, that it was all her fault and her responsibility. I am not sure where/when he picked up attitude.......his father died when he was 8 and he was sent to a boarding school.

T
T
nia17

interesting.......my father wasn't liberal or democrat, but he made it clear to me that IF any girl was stupid enough to let herself get pregnant, that it was all her fault and her responsibility. I am not sure where/when he picked up attitude.......his father died when he was 8 and he was sent to a boarding school.

This is the secular/humanist way of thinking, that the girl is the only one responsible for her actions.

This attitude became more prevalent with the birth control pill and legalizing abortion as well as the woman's suffrage movement,
not that it wasn't there before then, it just became more widespread.

Infanticide, Abortion, Contraception

Birth Control Timeline

The Deterioration of Marriage

Simul Justus Et Peccator
(Martin Luther)
Page 16 of 20 1 2 14 15 16 17 18 19 20

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 425 guests, and 58 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil
71,839 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation