Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 136 of 136 1 2 134 135 136
B
B
T2L's intermediaries seem to think she is making a mistake. What a shame only a select few are privy to the riveting new information about the OW. Why did T2L feel the need to take this off the board? Frankly, I very much trust posters like Pep and Neak.

Me: 56 (FBS) Wife: 55 (FWW)
D-Day August 2005
Married 11/1982 3 Sons 27,25,23
Empty Nesters.
Fully Recovered.
S
S
Actually isn't princessmeggy one of the IM's?

PM?

R
R
This bickering needs to stop. This does not help the thread starter. Please keep your posts helpful and productive to the thread starter and stop badgering posters about their tone. If you have a concern about a poster, let the mods handle it.

Thank you, Revera

Revera01@aol.com
R
R
edited to say: we are unlocking this thread for the sake of the thread starter and have removed some of the posts that are against TOS. If there is any more disruption or editing of moderator edits, it will be locked and stay locked. Please be thoughtful of the thread starter before you disrupt a thread with TOS violations. That is not fair to others.

Last edited by Revera; 04/08/09 09:08 PM.

Revera01@aol.com
P
P
Originally Posted by SIHW
Actually isn't princessmeggy one of the IM's?

PM?

No I'm not.

Widowed 11/10/12 after 35 years of marriage
“In a sense now, I am homeless. For the home, the place of refuge, solitude, love-where my husband lived-no longer exists.” Joyce Carolyn Oates, A Widow's Story
K
K
T2L

I have watched you transition from a woman with a plan and an empowered woman to someone who has not only pushed aside the strength and aid of women with YEARS of experience AND marital recovery, and wrapped herself in the comfort of soothers who have months of recovery by comparison and some who admittedly LUCKED into that recovery.

Recovery is tough. It's tougher when you walk right into a false recovery and I've seen this before - I'm so hoping for a different outcome, but the script is too close for a deviation from it at this point. Hopefully your WH will humble himself and apologize to those who have volunteered to walk in the line of fire.

I am so very sad for what I am seeing.

Are you really SO VERY DESPERATE to have a cheater back in your life ON HIS TERMS?

This will likely be the last post I offer, because I don't know how to recover your marriage the way you are going about it. And I'm not the soother kind when I know a train wreck can be avoided and I know what has to happen to make that happen - Dr Harley's formula is inspired!!

I have been instructed by God before - but that insight always confirmed the wisdom and experience of those He had led into my path, not contradicted them. Months ago, you were inspired by Him to come to Marriage Builders and learn that your marriage could be recovered. There was a method and a Plan - an order - a sequence of steps to go through. Deviating from that plan can be perilous! Ask those who experienced false recoveries.

Three women who I believe to be great and inspired women, volunteered under that inspiration to step in to shield you from abuse. And all it would have taken is for you to let them - by not taking his texts and emails. Instead you subjected them to his abuse by taking his communication in Plan B.

Your claim that you are inspired by God means they must not be. There is the insult to them and it stings in your delivery!

Finally, when you were confronted about this weeks ago, you left the board to find your own way and find comfort from those who didn't challenge you on your departure from what you had learned.

Well there you have it. Your way. It's between you and God whether it's His way or not. But I believe Dr. Harley to be inspired.

But since your husband is not inspired by God or a greater cause, I fear your faith in YOUR HUSBAND'S plan will bring you great pain. He has not expressed ANY openness or honesty about YOUR WH's plan. Only that you are being taken care of. Do you really fear being on your own without his financial support that you won't stand up for your marriage GOD'S WAY? Without an interloper OW in it? God's way is humble, loving, faithful and honest. And your husband will have none of it.

Only when a man who has wronged his God and his wife the way your husband has wronged, becomes humble to the dust - to the dust - can you hope to recover any kind of marriage. Your way will not do this. WH's way will not do this.

You have given no inkling that your husband is humble and the alarm of your former I/M's tells me he has not apologized for his abuse of them.

You have your own kind of pride. The pride that says you think you know this man. You don't. He denigrates and abuses women - you excuse this by saying he's a private man - bull-pucky! A private man can be humble if he wants and needs to be- and that means he submits to whatever will bring him back to the light. And that includes the aid and intervention of strangers if it is necessary.

You're making it easy for him to NOT come back to the light.

I am so very very sad for you and your daughter and your son.

Neither of you deserve this. But you will choose it anyway. I pray for you and your family.

Cafe Plan B link http://forum.marriagebuilders.com/ubbt/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=2182650&page=1

The ? that made recovery possible: "Which lovebuster do I do the most that hurts the worst"?

The statement that signaled my personal recovery and the turning point in our marriage recovery: "I don't need to be married that badly!"

If you're interested in saving your relationship, you'll work on it when it's convenient. If you're committed, you'll accept no excuses.
B
B
great post Kayla

Me: 56 (FBS) Wife: 55 (FWW)
D-Day August 2005
Married 11/1982 3 Sons 27,25,23
Empty Nesters.
Fully Recovered.
P
P
some who admittedly LUCKED into that recovery.

Kayla, why don't you just name names? If you're talking about me, luck had nothing to do with it. God did. And I'm not one of the ones who have only been recovered for a few months, but years. I've also been married for 31 years.

I AM one of the ones talking with T2L offline, but at her request. She didn't want to post again because of the very thing that has happened. She felt like she would be attacked and she has been. I'm sorry I was one of the ones who encouraged her to post an update.

I love those three who acted as IMs, but apparently, it wasn't working. In fact, it was making things worse. I have an idea why but I'm afraid if I give my opinion about that here, I'll be excommunicated. Regardless, they are all strong women that I respect and think of them very highly. Even you Kayla.

T2L, I'll still support you offline but I probably won't post on your thread anymore. It just gets my blood pressure up and that's not good... or worth it.

Last edited by princessmeggy; 04/08/09 09:43 PM.

“In a sense now, I am homeless. For the home, the place of refuge, solitude, love-where my husband lived-no longer exists.” Joyce Carolyn Oates, A Widow's Story
S
S
Originally Posted by princessmeggy
some who admittedly LUCKED into that recovery.

Kayla, why don't you just name names? If you're talking about me, luck had nothing to do with it. God did. And I'm not one of the ones who have only been recovered for a few months, but years. I've also been married for 31 years.

I AM one of the ones talking with T2L offline, but at her request. She didn't want to post again because of the very thing that has happened. She felt like she would be attacked and she has been. I'm sorry I was one of the ones who encouraged her to post an update.

I love those three who acted as IMs, but apparently, it wasn't working. In fact, it was making things worse. I have an idea why but I'm afraid if I give my opinion about that here, I'll be excommunicated. Regardless, they are all strong women that I respect and think of them very highly. Even you Kayla.

T2L, I'll still support you offline but I probably won't post on your thread anymore. It just gets my blood pressure up and that's not good... or worth it.

You are a 24K Gold woman with A stunning diamond of a heart. *HUGS*

L
L
Well I suspect that T2L isn't spending much time here anymore.
And that is a shame.

I truly beleive in the MB program -- and I wish she could be coached to follow it.

I am sad at the fog rolling around here.

You have to do what feels right in your heart and right with God. If that means following your heart then by all means, do so!

Can you even imagine if a WS said those words? We are CONSTANTLY telling WS to STOP following their "hearts" and to follow their HEADS. That the RIGHT ACTIONS will lead the heart back to the right place.

Cmon. FEELINGS will not lead you. Your HEART is the last thing you should trust...

M
M
****edit****

Last edited by Dufresne; 04/08/09 10:17 PM. Reason: Personal Attack

Plan D June 08
Me FBS 36
W 38
Married 13/1/09
The best is yet to come, with or without your WS
S
S
Originally Posted by Lexxxy
Well I suspect that T2L isn't spending much time here anymore.
And that is a shame.

Actually I just got off the phone with her...she is watching a movie with her kids...and then they are getting Ice cream.

P
P
You have to do what feels right in your heart and right with God. If that means following your heart then by all means, do so!

I don't think I said this.

P
P
Originally Posted by myfamilyilove
****edit****

cry

Last edited by Dufresne; 04/08/09 10:20 PM. Reason: editing out removed quote

L
L
I wasn't attributing it to you princess.
Not sure why you thought that.

Just found it to be a good example of the foggy cheerleading I see on this thread.

P
P
goodbye MB

R
R
We are locking for good this time.

Revera01@aol.com
Page 136 of 136 1 2 134 135 136

Moderated by  Fordude 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 490 guests, and 50 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil
71,838 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation