Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
N
OP Offline
N
Ok... so here I am almost 3 weeks post D-Day#2.. WH wants to work it out. I'm trying Plan A, but everyday seems to be a rollercoaster. Some days I want to work this and some days I don't...

So, to my question.. WH has Microsoft Outlook for his e-mail at work.. is he able to access that e-mail account from home??

V
V
Usually there are ways to access it at home through the main server. At every position I've held where I had my own email, I could access it when I was home sick. I'm not an expert but I hope this helps. smile

You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist. ~ Friedrich Nietzsche

The person who is always finding fault seldom finds anything else.

I pity the fool. - Mr. T
B
B
Has he agreed to write a no contact letter to the OW?

N
OP Offline
N
It wasn't a letter is was verbally to both the OW and the OWH's.

Problem is, he still works with her. ( I know, I know.. he has been in contact with Headhunters and applying for other jobs as I had explained in my 'boundaries' that he would need to do so by the end of November, unless I get proof she has quit.)

He has a great job, alright pay, good benefits, etc.. It is basically his dream job ( I guess even more so when he was having the A with the OW)

Anyways.. I'm thinking that microsoft outlook is like and aol account or hotmail and being that I'm not at work with him and can't see his e-mails, (I have his passwords for his aol account, his voicemails, etc..)

But just this work e-mail bit is still knawing at me.. tugging at my gut.. so I figured if anyone here knew if it can be accessed from home, tonight I will request his password and access it without a heads up to delete anything..

PS, those tips on recent text messages worked like a charm. Granted they were old and as my WH states, just 'smack' talk..

Last edited by nthefogg; 10/02/08 04:39 AM.
P
P
I can access my outlook email using a browser by going to:

http://outlook.nameofcompany.com

I'm not sure if EVERY company would set it up this way or not.

Widowed 11/10/12 after 35 years of marriage
“In a sense now, I am homeless. For the home, the place of refuge, solitude, love-where my husband lived-no longer exists.” Joyce Carolyn Oates, A Widow's Story
T
T
He can almost certainly access it from home.
He'll either use a browser as stated above, or perhaps if the network is secured he'll use a "VPN" which means he uses a userid and password to log in to the network at work, THEN he logs in to Outlook.

Keylogger time.

M
M
Originally Posted by nthefogg
Ok... so here I am almost 3 weeks post D-Day#2.. WH wants to work it out. I'm trying Plan A, but everyday seems to be a rollercoaster. Some days I want to work this and some days I don't...

So, to my question.. WH has Microsoft Outlook for his e-mail at work.. is he able to access that e-mail account from home??

That would depend on what e-mail platform they're using to provide the service. MS Outlook can work with various platforms. I use it at the office with MS Exchange providing the e-mail service, and at home I use it for my Internet e-mail.

If his office uses MS Exchange, then it's quite likely he can access it from home as well. Typically three options are provided:

1. Access via VPN - he basically logs on to the office network, usually via remote desktop, then uses Outlook just like if he's in the office. Or, his laptop is connected to the office network, and functions like just another PC on that network.

2. Outlook Web Access - he can log on to his MS Exchange mailbox via a website.

3. RPC over HTTP - he can configure his Outlook client on his home PC to access his MS Exchange mailbox at the office.

HTH

ManInMotion
===========
(see "MiM's Story" for more details)
M
M
In this day and age unless he is working for Farmer Brown milking cows he can access his email from home. Corporations love invading into people's personal lives and time with their families. Companies want employees to be productive in in their off hours or when they are sick. They make it darn easy to access email. As others have mentioned there are several different ways that it can be accomplished but be darn sure....he can access his email from your house.

MindShare

C
C
Go to a browser and try putting in:

mail.XXXXXX.com where XXXXXX is the normal domain name. See if you get an Outlook Web log in screen.

Change the changeable, accept the unchangeable and remove yourself from the unacceptable.
T
T
I never had to but could access my work email from home.

L
L
My DH worked for a company that unless a person had special privileges they could not access work email at home.

LC

N
OP Offline
N
Originally Posted by CrushedJim

mail.XXXXXX.com where XXXXXX is the normal domain name. See if you get an Outlook Web log in screen.

Ok, did that... I got this screen:

You are not authorized to view this page
The Web server you are attempting to reach has a list of IP addresses that are not allowed to access the Web site, and the IP address of your browsing computer is on this list.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Please try the following:

Contact the Web site administrator if you believe you should be able to view this directory or page.
HTTP Error 403.6 - Forbidden: IP address of the client has been rejected.
Internet Information Services (IIS)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Technical Information (for support personnel)

Go to Microsoft Product Support Services and perform a title search for the words HTTP and 403.
Open IIS Help, which is accessible in IIS Manager (inetmgr), and search for topics titled About Security, Limiting Access by IP Address, IP Address Access Restrictions, and About Custom Error Messages.

He does not have a laptop.. I have never seen him access his work e-mail from home.. I just know it is Microsoft Outlook as he had called when he started this job as he was totally computer illiterate and asked for my help...

I just want to see if I can pull it up on my laptop tonight with him next to me and say... ok, so what's your password ....

He has been trying and making attempts to prove he really wants our M, BUT, being so new into this, I'm still haviny my doubts and just thinking maybe he is getting more clever in covering his tracks...

His office is a secure one as he works at a Port so keylogging is out. I'm clever but this one has got me stumped!

S
S
Many companies have websites. On those websites there are often links that employees can use to access their email accounts. Check his company website for a link like that. That's another idea you might try.

You can still install a keylogger on your computer, so if he logs in to his work email from your house without you knowing about it (that means, if he is lying to you about this), then you will be able to capture what you need from the keylogger on your own computer. Give it a shot, and install one on your home computer.

Lucky to be where I am, in a safe place to get marriage-related support.
Recovered.
Happy.
Most recent D-day Fall 2005
Our new marriage began that day. Not easily, but it did happen.
C
C
Originally Posted by nthefogg
Originally Posted by CrushedJim

Ok, did that... I got this screen...

Well, you hit a valid server, just not one your IP number can access. They may be using a VPN client...sorry.

Change the changeable, accept the unchangeable and remove yourself from the unacceptable.
K
K
I use outlook at work and can access it on the web by going to:
nameofcompany.com/mail
Then I type in my email address and password...

Enacting life's lessons into positive change... .

Moderated by  Fordude 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 672 guests, and 84 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil
71,838 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation