Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 5 of 15 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 14 15
R
RMX Offline
R
Originally Posted by pomdbd3
The Bill Clinton defense? Very good.

Glad to know what to label it now.

There were more doozies that came to mind after I posted, but I'm just stirring up crap and that just makes things stink.

They're waywards and immoral and deserve every bit of bad luck and crap that comes their way.

May their homes be bulldozed by re-zoning and imminent domain and may their new found loves find wisdom and give them a taste of their own medicine and cheat on them.

I'll happily look for women with morals in the meantime or just be happy being alone and playing against my brother online.
T/J!

heh ..snicker... you know pom... you got a texan laughing at the "chewbacca defense" from awhile back..

Snort Snort!

End T/J

FBH 34 me,FWW 34,
DS 14, OC-D 12 (given up for adoption), DS-8, DD-5
D-Day#1 10-12-1998
D-Day#2 2-10-2008
Recovered!
P
P
Pom, if you still feel the call from the sky, I own a Beech Musketeer and if you are ever down in Dahlonega, GA, I'm sure I could manage a few hours for you to wiggle it's controls. smile

She ain't got much horsepower, and it takes a crew of two to fly her because somebody's gotta shoo the crows from roosting on the tail as it flies and to call out for trailing edge bird strikes. laugh

I watch, and am as a sparrow alone upon the house top.
T
T
My younger brother has a 1950's Beechcraft in Charleston SC.
It's silver with red stripes.
Maybe we will fly over there during Thanksgiving.

P
P
Thanks for the offer to fly. I appreciate it. The call is ALWAYS there.

I don't think a day goes by where I don't look up and think, "Nice day to fly" or "challenging today" or something along those lines.

I thought of this doozy:

"I had already decided the marriage was over, so it wasn't cheating."

If you guys didn't know, this is a new, trailblazing part of law called "Imaginary Divorce".

In this amazing new development, you can simply imagine you're divorced and you are! So commit adultery all you wish because it really isn't adultery or cheating. You're divorced in your head, so it really doesn't matter.

And don't bother to inform your spouse either. What they don't know won't hurt them.

The Chewbacca Defense, BTW, works incredibly well against the Imaginary Divorce.

But then again, nothing can stand up to the Chewbacca Defense in court. I'm using it again in the near future to lead me to certain victory. If Obama or McCain tried it they'd put this election in the bag!

D-Day 28 Feb 06
Plan D (Not by choice) - 24 March 06

DD6
DS4(Twin1)
DS4(Twin2)

She moved away with the kids April 08. I contested it and got a lot more time with my kids. She's unhappy that I want to stay involved in their lives and don't settle for being an "every other weekend" dad.

Never going to happen.

Ongoing personal recovery through the help of friends, family, and DC United Soccer!
P
P
The Chewbacca Defense can always be countered with the There's No Wookies on Endor rebuttal.

S
S
"I had already decided the marriage was over, so it wasn't cheating."

If you guys didn't know, this is a new, trailblazing part of law called "Imaginary Divorce".

In this amazing new development, you can simply imagine you're divorced and you are! So commit adultery all you wish because it really isn't adultery or cheating. You're divorced in your head, so it really doesn't matter.

And don't bother to inform your spouse either. What they don't know won't hurt them.

Hey what do you know, I heard this one too, only mine was, "WE WERE SEPARATED!!!"

When I told her I never agreed to a separation, she just got this totally confused look on her face like she just found out that 2+2 doesn't really equal 4.

P
P
Yes, logic, common sense, decensy and morals have no place in fantasy cheating land.

"The kids will be fine" is another good one they tell themselves.

Then there's:

"I'll give you a chance, but you have to let go of what happened."

and the response to "I don't want talk divorce. I only want to talk marriage."

Is greated with screams of, "Then it will be ugly and the're no chance for us and we'll never be together again!"

So to weak BHes, don't fall for that. There's no such thing as a nice divorce where you stay friends and then get back together after she's "found herself" by taking your crap and kids and moving in with another man.

Just doesn't happen.

So make it ugly and nasty if you do divorce, because that's the only way you'll end up with something resembling some sort of fairness when it comes to your kids.

D-Day 28 Feb 06

DD6
DS4(Twin1)
DS4(Twin2)

She moved away with the kids April 08. I contested it and got a lot more time with my kids. She's unhappy that I want to stay involved in their lives and don't settle for being an "every other weekend" dad.

Never going to happen.

Ongoing personal recovery through the help of friends, family, and DC United Soccer!
P
P
Originally Posted by pomdbd3
So make it ugly and nasty if you do divorce, because that's the only way you'll end up with something resembling some sort of fairness when it comes to your kids.

No truer words have ever been spoken.

You either face divorce with all gunports ablaze or you just go to the bottom burning while she hoists up the Jolly Roger.

T
T
And don't forget "We can still be friends."

What, you want to hang out after all this is done?

S
S
I heard such outlandish remarks I was absolutely dumbfounded.

When confronted with the dates he had been on, and asking him what it was he wanted...he replied...get this...

FWH: Why can't I have a Wife and an Girlfriend?

Is that the ultimate in entitled?

And when I was really angry, laying into him hard (before I found MB)and reminding him how unbalanced things were, what a rotten H he has been, how he has lied...repeatedly, about stupid everyday stuff too, how he has stolen (he wiped out a joint account we had with gift money form our wedding, just because he wanted to), and cheated on me (over the years email A's, cybering, and now a real live meetup)...he replied...now hold onto yourselves...

FWH: Well at least I don't beat you.

Yeah, a real winner...why did I stay?

Things are better now...4 years later...going away for the weekend. And When I reminded of what he said later, he apologizes and admits he was stupid. Perhaps these WS, somewhere in the back of their soul has an ethical, loving person that is absolutely cringing at their words...how long can they keep it hidden?

Life may not be the party we hoped for, but while we are here we might as well dance!
P
P
Originally Posted by StillHereMakingIt
Perhaps these WS, somewhere in the back of their soul has an ethical, loving person that is absolutely cringing at their words...how long can they keep it hidden?

I'll believe it if I ever see it. All I see is a self entitled person who wants me out of the kid's lives and as much money as she can leech off of me as possible. There is no conscience at all over what she did and there is no remorse.

I'm sure that in her mind I deserve all the things she did because I've actually stood up and tried to fight for time with my kids, which makes me evil in her mind.

From what I understand, her brother only sees his DD once every 2 weeks, which is exactly what she wanted for me.

I'm not her brother. And I sure as heck would not move away to be with another woman and settle for such little time with my kids. They're what I live for and I will ALWAYS be near them.

Here's another good one:

When I listed many of the sacrifices I made over the years over her illnesses (which were mostly in her head) and how I set aside my own goals to support her:

"You were just doing what you were supposed to do as a husband."

Ummm, doesn't that same logic apply to things like "forsake all others" and "for better or for worse"?

D-Day 28 Feb 06

DD6
DS4(Twin1)
DS4(Twin2)

Never going to happen.

T
T
Reading another thread reminded me of this beauty:

"Of course I trust her, she's my soul mate. You're just my wife!"

M
M
Here's another good one, and fresh off the presses...

After finding out that when WH took the day off yesterday he took OW and her 3-year old DD to the zoo and confronting WH with this information - WH says 'Yeah, so?'

OWH found out about this from the 3-year old telling her daddy about mommy and her friend...makes me nauseous. And the topper? WH's excuse for taking the day off? That OUR DD was sick.

I am filing for divorce this afternoon.

Me 37, H 38
Dated 5 yrs, M 5/2002
15 yo DD
DDay 1 - 9/2002 OW 20 yo relative of H's friend
DDay 2 - 6/5/06- met OW on 2 week business trip, knew for one week - wanted D. A continued via phone/txt through 9/2006
NC Since 10/2006
DDay 3 - 8/2/08 - OW#1 has slithered back into the picture
Plan D
K
K
I realize that if I can post and share, that means that I am beginning to heal....

Here is my famous line just delivered to me this week.
WW says, "I wish I'd never told you (her A), but I wanted to be honest with you and the kids. You know (couldn't say A) it has nothing to do with why I left."

In this case BS means "bull stool"...sorta of!!

Me 48 XWAW 42 M 18Y
D day 9/14/08
Plan A&B for months
One false R
DS12 (my life)
DD23
D Final 5-14-09

A
A
Here is an early thread (from the archives) with the absolute best of WS in it:

http://www.marriagebuilders.com/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=37;t=027543;p=1

K's WW's famous, "It's YOUR fault I'm pregnant [by OM]" is in there.

And Chris-CA123's WW's all-time unbeatable justification, "You never bought Coke, only Pepsi."

WS are strange creatures.

But, if you look carefully, they always kind of were. And if you look carefully, they still kind of are, F or no.

"Never forget that your pain means nothing to a WS." ~Mulan

"An ethical man knows it is wrong to cheat on his wife. A moral man will not actually do it." ~ Ducky

WS: They are who they are.

When an eel lunges out
And it bites off your snout
Thats a moray ~DS
D
D
I'll believe it if I ever see it.

Seen it.

Many times now since R began.

Don't like it, but it's necessary.

Druther poke my eyes out with hot knitting needles before ever glimpsing it again.

I never had to take the Kobayashi Maru test until now. What do you think of my solution?

O'hana means family, and family means nobody gets left behind or forgotten.

My Story

Recovered!
P
P
My FWH (during his affair with OW#1): "She let me pray for her about not losing custody of her kids."

This was a woman who partied all the time, stayed drunk most of the day, drove with her kids in the car, passed out on the stairs outside of her apartment (while the kids were inside) and invited the neighbor downstairs to her bed while her six-year-old daughter slept in the same bed... just to name a few.

Yup. Wonder what God thought about that prayer. :RollieEyes:

Widowed 11/10/12 after 35 years of marriage
In a sense now, I am homeless. For the home, the place of refuge, solitude, love-where my husband lived-no longer exists. Joyce Carolyn Oates, A Widow's Story
T
T
Love the coke/pepsi one. Here is another one I remembered:

"I didn't mean to fall in love. I only meant for it to be an affair!"

R
R
While tragically comical, most sound like "spur of the moment" comments.

The ones that make me laugh the most are the ones where the WS has clearly put some "thought" into it and believe they have finally find the words that will make the BS not only understand but be generally okay with being abused and betrayed.

To me, the king is still ILYBINILWY. Can't really help but giggle at the thought that so many WS probably figured they had a "break through" moment when that dandy popped in their head (probably took WS and OP working together to "figure" it out) and fully expected the BS to respond with "Oh, I see. Well, in that case continue on with your affair."

Me 43 BH
MT 43 WW
Married 20 years, No Kids, 2 Difficult Cats
D-day July, 2005
4.5 False Recoveries
Me - recovered
The M - recovered
C
C
In the “We can still be friends” regard;

A week after the divorce was final we needed to meet at a bank to break the last account. This was the last time I spoke to her over 16 months ago.

I said this should be the last of our dealings, goodbye and good luck and started to get into my car. She said;

“Well, we will still see each other all the time. DD’s birthdays, the holidays, lots of times. I still want to know what you are doing and how you are.”

I politely told her that we got married and had a family so that we could be together all the time, we got divorced so that we would never do those things again. I told her I really don’t anticipate speaking to her again in my life.

Her face went shocked and she murmured, “Well, that would be your decision.”

I smiled and left.

Testosterone boys! Testosterone! It aint just for nose, ear and back hair anymore!
Page 5 of 15 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 14 15

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
1 members (anchorwatch), 535 guests, and 68 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil
71,838 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation